Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Realistic face vs comic face for female comic book character?
I prefer comic face like first OG Poison Ivy for example 13 25.49%
I prefer realistic face, like new Poison Ivy, new Elektra 15 29.41%
I prefer realistic face when it's pretty, like new Wonder Woman 29 56.86%
I think Sideshow has gone wrong with some face lately... 4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #21
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Really? If the purpose of poll was simply to push SS for a future classic Bats, then why even mention their new release? I too want a fully sculpted classic Bats, and you know SS will release more Bats, but poll questions could have possibly been about which era, which costume color black or blue/grey.......etc
I mentioned their new release only in regard to Superj300 quoted comment by SSAlex “ There’s more Batman for sure! What rendition of the caped crusader though…” to which i stated "i hope there is a normal comic version in one of these renditions as m.canale clearly refers to his as armored(on Zbrush)"Old bulky and armored to be exact.

In what way is this further trashing or setting up to trash the new batman?
Old 05-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #22
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think you're a very confused individual. Firstly, I have no interest in seeing your partner, I used this statement as a prop to illustrate a point that should be fairly obvious.....that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The dumbest thing you've read on the statue forum was when you proofread your poll.....I assume you proofread this nonsense before you hit submit??!

Secondly, you're gibbering on about the need for "pretty", and the merits of realism and non realism in sculpt form, yet jump on me for bringing the discussion into the real world, because, well, comics are comics......this is what is known as ironic.

If I understand your, rather stunted point, it seems like you're implying one should be less selective in the visual qualities of their actual real world partners (the person you may actually reproduce with) than a polystone statue.....

Finally, replacing "pretty" with the word "feminine" does nothing to solve the issue of subjectivity.....I mean, can you not see that yourself? Does it really take a stranger on the internet to call out the flaw in your thinking?
The flaw
Ok you need to relax, if you love "manly" women face on statue it's not my problem, you have your right to love every statue you want, I don't care.
Also don't assume what you don't know and don't speaks words I never say. Because I also can speak for yourself: should I buy statue less attractive than my partner?
See, easy to talk non sense instead of someone.

What's wrong having pretty feminine face on comic book statue?
You think that poll is dumb but you felt the need to participate and starting attacking me, so who has a flaw in thinking here?
Ignore the poll was an option?
If you are sick and tired of this kind of remark or poll, go along your path.

Really, the more I read you, the more I think you have a "SJW" attitude (even if you stated the contrary in your post)
Your point of view is clear, so mine, so I won't answer you anymore.

Edit: I saw some messages you answered to other people on other thread. I'm no more surprise why you act like the way you did here I didn't want to offend the "new century" person you are
Old 05-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #23
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
The flaw
Ok you need to relax, if you love "manly" women face on statue it's not my problem, you have your right to love every statue you want, I don't care.
Also don't assume what you don't know and don't speaks words I never say. Because I also can speak for yourself: should I buy statue less attractive than my partner?
See, easy to talk non sense instead of someone.

What's wrong having pretty feminine face on comic book statue?
You think that poll is dumb but you felt the need to participate and starting attacking me, so who has a flaw in thinking here?
Ignore the poll was an option?
If you are sick and tired of this kind of remark or poll, go along your path.

Really, the more I read you, the more I think you have a "SJW" attitude (even if you stated the contrary in your post)
Your point of view is clear, so mine, so I won't answer you anymore.

Edit: I saw some messages you answered to other people on other thread. I'm no more surprise why you act like the way you did here I didn't want to offend the "new century" person you are
Ha ha brilliant!! I love it when the SJW card comes into play.....just like those "feminists" out there, who label anyone who disagrees with their worldview, a misogynist..

Social Justice very rarely equals logic....
Old 05-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #24
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think you're a very confused individual. Firstly, I have no interest in seeing your partner, I used this statement as a prop to illustrate a point that should be fairly obvious.....that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The dumbest thing you've read on the statue forum was when you proofread your poll.....I assume you proofread this nonsense before you hit submit??!

Secondly, you're gibbering on about the need for "pretty", and the merits of realism and non realism in sculpt form, yet jump on me for bringing the discussion into the real world, because, well, comics are comics......this is what is known as ironic.

If I understand your, rather stunted point, it seems like you're implying one should be less selective in the visual qualities of their actual real world partners (the person you may actually reproduce with) than a polystone statue.....

Finally, replacing "pretty" with the word "feminine" does nothing to solve the issue of subjectivity.....I mean, can you not see that yourself? Does it really take a stranger on the internet to call out the flaw in your thinking?
Old 05-13-2018, 07:01 PM   #25
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post

Personnaly I prefer comic face for comic character but I also like realistic look (Red Sonja She Devil, New WW PF)...when it's done right!!

Now I have the feeling that some faces aren't done right and looks very "manly" (Zatanna, New Poison Ivy, New Elektra, New Black Widow, etc.. ) and some people justify this poor execution by saying "it's more realistic"...

I'm sorry but "bad" doesn't justify by "realistic". Why we can't have pretty realistic face?
Subjective. Subjective. Subjective. Subjective. Subjective. Subjective.

People don't need to justify their tastes any more than you need to justify yours.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #26
COI

NO POLITICS NO POLITICS NO POLITICS NO POLITICS

How many threads do I have to post this in until you guys get it?

I should take a cue from my fellow mods and just start banning with no warning. I'm trying to be nice about this garbage.

I'm locking this thread because it won't go anywhere good.

Last edited by COI; 05-13-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Closed Thread