Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Try to work with the seller
He already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAlien View Post
the seller is not going to do anything as I had a conversation and they said it was '100%' not like that when sent etc.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #22
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Try to work with the seller, I hate when buyers go crying to eBay and don't bother contacting the seller and give them a chance to work with them. eBay treats sellers like dirt, even just opening a case can have a negative effect on them.
Ebay is there to step in when a wrong is done. I've been both a buyer and a seller. When some one had a issue and had period of it, I just filed the insurance claim and gave them back their money. When I've had issues buying, the seller's filed a claim and gave me back some or all of my money. It's not complicated. If the seller refuses, like he's done here, then that's what ebay and PayPal are for. I've never had a negative issue due to shipping damage.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #23
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Dude eBay will side with the buyer every time. Sellers get screwed all the time. Just open a case provide photos. Bam eBay will rule it in your favor.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #24
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Try to work with the seller, I hate when buyers go crying to eBay and don't bother contacting the seller and give them a chance to work with them. eBay treats sellers like dirt, even just opening a case can have a negative effect on them.
Communication has broken down. File a claim and light a fire under the sellers rear. Sellers need to realize they are responsible for the whole transaction, that includes the transit part.

Years ago I tried to feign responsibility for shipping and EBay went no no no! It’s easier to just talk with the buyer because I’ve been in their shoes. I can’t speak for anyone but myself but my 100% feedback rating and the folks that msg me from time to time to check in speak volumes to me as a seller.

It’s wankers like the seller Alien’s dealing with that give the rest of us bad names and yes EBay can die in a fire the way they treat sellers!
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #25
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Thanks for all your replies, this seems like an awesome forum!

I will try again with the seller as they took out full insurance when posting. I'm not sure what will happen as it was signed for by a receptionist and almost certainly not marked as damaged! Plus the shipping box seems intact.

I also agree that it looks like stress cracks the more I inspect it. I will keep you posted. In the meantime if anyone does see this and knows how to fix these things would be great to get some help!

Thanks everyone!
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #26
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Just to update, the seller is going to claim on the insurance for this but I will have to wait until Monday for them to start the process (as he is away).

I have no idea how successful these things are as I've never gone through this process before and as I've said the box looks alright so Must have just been driven really poorly (speed bumps at excessive speeds or something!). The last expensive piece I bought was the sideshow Alien Queen 1/4 scale bust and I made a 6 hour round trip to personally collect that (and it was a lot less than the big chap).

I am praying that I can get *at least* a large chunk of the money back to pay for the repair - and I hope it can be repaired. Thank you all again for your comments and support!

Oh and no it wasn't the one from Germany, it was a UK based one.
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #27
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
You'll get your money back since the Item Description states "mint factory condition".

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alien-Big...-/253604027652
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #28
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You'll get your money back since the Item Description states "mint factory condition".

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alien-Big...-/253604027652

Also Alien you shouldn't have to repair a statue beyond a little locktite, sharpe or touch up paint. Anything you feel comfortable doing. If you have to send something out imho it's not worth the hassle, they should just fully refund you and take the item back. I'm not trying to beat up on the seller because s*** does happen and I know that feeling when my buyers are disappointed but if they value their feedback they'll do what you ask them to and make it right. Nothing you've stated is beyond reasonable. Especially how coveted that Big Chap is and its price tag. I'm in the same boat as you looking around for that Queen bust praying it comes in one piece.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #29
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Just to update, the seller is going to claim on the insurance for this but I will have to wait until Monday for them to start the process (as he is away).

I have no idea how successful these things are as I've never gone through this process before and as I've said the box looks alright so Must have just been driven really poorly (speed bumps at excessive speeds or something!). The last expensive piece I bought was the sideshow Alien Queen 1/4 scale bust and I made a 6 hour round trip to personally collect that (and it was a lot less than the big chap).

I am praying that I can get *at least* a large chunk of the money back to pay for the repair - and I hope it can be repaired. Thank you all again for your comments and support!

maybe it is different in the UK but in the US if it is shipped USPS the item has to be surrendered to the postal office for inspection, the same goes for UPS. I know because I filed an insurance claim with both carriers before and they both have to basically keep the item for investigation. I do not think they give it back if the insurance is paid out. usually the seller has to surrender it, and that means you have to ship it back first. anyway that's just if you go with the insurance route. if you just return it through Ebay then you get your money back.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #30
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I'm in the US and I received an item with it's Len split from the character. Took pictures, sent it to the seller, they filed a claim, got my refund. Wasn't that complicated, though I can see it being a case by case basis depending on the damage.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote