Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #481
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Can anyone at the SDCC today confirm that there are no new statues and no CoH changes for PF (Rogue, Emma, X23, Psylocke...) ?

I thought there was gonna have some surprises at mid comic con in Sideshow booth
I checked this morning and found nothing new. John from Sideshow found me leaving the booth and stopped me to thank me for my coverage (I thought that was very nice) and I asked him if there will be any new reveals today. He confirmed that there won’t be.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #482
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I checked this morning and found nothing new. John from Sideshow found me leaving the booth and stopped me to thank me for my coverage (I thought that was very nice) and I asked him if there will be any new reveals today. He confirmed that there won’t be.
Thank you very much for asking and thank you for all your pictures and videos, it is really useful for those who can't go to San Diego

I suppose there won't be any reveals tomorrow either
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #483
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Does Sideshow have any panels during the show? Or are they just running everything through their Exhibit area?
I was hoping for some more announcements for the MoTU and J Scott Campbell lines. So far I haven't seen anything on their FB page videos.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #484
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
Does Sideshow have any panels during the show? Or are they just running everything through their Exhibit area?
I was hoping for some more announcements for the MoTU and J Scott Campbell lines. So far I haven't seen anything on their FB page videos.
You'll probably see a few reveals throughout the rest of the year and one or two at Spooktacular. The rest of the new product reveals will probably be saved for 12 days of Sideshow at the end of the year.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #485
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
I don’t believe they have a panel. I think they believe they can reach more people through their live feeds.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #486
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You'll probably see a few reveals throughout the rest of the year and one or two at Spooktacular. The rest of the new product reveals will probably be saved for 12 days of Sideshow at the end of the year.
Yeah, they've really gone crazy with the reveals over the last 2 months, so I'm guessing things will get real quiet from next week until Spooktacular.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #487
nearmint
Phoenix

My wife, son, and I had a great conversation with Will Harbottle this afternoon. What a warm, personable guy, clearly enthusiastic about sculpting and the hobby as a whole. It’s always a treat when you meet someone that you look up to and respect, and they turn out to be one of the good guys.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #488
Harbottle
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
My wife, son, and I had a great conversation with Will Harbottle this afternoon. What a warm, personable guy, clearly enthusiastic about sculpting and the hobby as a whole. It’s always a treat when you meet someone that you look up to and respect, and they turn out to be one of the good guys.
It was wonderful meeting you and your family!! We work in a virtual cave, and when we emerge once a year in San Diego, it's people like you that fully recharge my batteries. And then some.

I can't thank you enough!
See you next year!
Harbottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:07 PM   #489
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Great photo guys!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #490
SDguy

Best convo ever lol. He is so nice.
Attached Thumbnails