Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #511
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
[...]
Is this dio in the same edition size range as 1/4 scale pieces? As in no more than 999?
Not necessarily. Shorudan said that they were doing that for their 1/4th Marvel line. There has been no mention of decisions for the 1/6th line. I really hope they go higher, as 1/6th scale stuff is more attractive to a larger market due to size constraints and budgets.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #512
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
5) It's not 1/4 Gladiator Shi'ar Empire statue.
You totally have a point here. COME ON XM! You would kill it!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #513
wanderlai
The Tick

I'm mostly interested in the huge Sentinel. I doubt I'd buy every piece of the dio. I think each Sentinel comes with one X-Men character. The others will come desperate.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #514
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Maybe some of you can help me out here.

While I get this X-Men alliance dio is pretty sweet, I am not getting the extreme over excitement for it.

1) It's 1/6 scale firstly.

3) It's not 1/4.

It has to be 1:6 scale, if this was 1:4 it would be around 7-8 feet tall and cost $10,000.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #515
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
This needs to be all put up for pre-order at once though. XM can't just put a piece or two up at a time because this is one of those things where if you want all of them to complete the dio, you need to have the chance to get all at once. Otherwise you could score a few and then miss out on just one and your dio and money are wasted because you can't complete it, like I imagine some people are planning on doing.
Depending on edition size it may not be nearly as hard to score these as it is with their 1/4 line but I agree we need to be able to complete the dio. That's a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
I'm mostly interested in the huge Sentinel. I doubt I'd buy every piece of the dio. I think each Sentinel comes with one X-Men character. The others will come desperate.
How desperate will they be, wanderlai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Well yea, that is what the rubber soled boots are for. No one enjoys a slip and slide like that.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #516
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Not necessarily. Shorudan said that they were doing that for their 1/4th Marvel line. There has been no mention of decisions for the 1/6th line. I really hope they go higher, as 1/6th scale stuff is more attractive to a larger market due to size constraints and budgets.
i hope they stay under 999. not many people will be able to afford this dio and i would like it to be rare along with epic.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #517
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
i hope they stay under 999. not many people will be able to afford this dio and i would like it to be rare along with epic.
That may be, but you gotta also take into account that they are selling each character independently as well. If they have a low ES for the Sentinal sure, but for the characters I hope they have a higher ES as they are going to be highly in demand and in the price range and space needs of a much larger pool of people.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #518
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
That may be, but you gotta also take into account that they are selling each character independently as well. If they have a low ES for the Sentinal sure, but for the characters I hope they have a higher ES as they are going to be highly in demand and in the price range and space needs of a much larger pool of people.
agreed. make the centerpiece low ES and the characters large ES. also give a good discount to those preordering the full package.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #519
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah. Just take the Koto Gambit, it goes for how much? 500$? Same for their danger room Wolverine. Not to talk about Magneto, both Koto and action Bowen. Or characters like X-23, with quite a big fan base. The whole dio might be something for a very limited market, but the single characters definitely appeal a broader customer base.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #520
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Agreed. Smaller edition size (not that ES matters to me at all) for the complete dio and make the individual pieces available to a broader audience. There are a lot of 1/6 collectors who would just want a few pieces here and there from the line.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote