Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-27-2020, 04:25 AM   #101
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Hey guys, today i saw the first pictures emerging of this statue.

https://www.facebook.com/TangKokWeng...redirect=false

I guess it won't take long anymore for this one to ship
Cletus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #102
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Thanks bud, that's fantastic news! Great pictures and confirms to me his mouth’s open in a growl and those are his teeth not lips. If someone posts a picture with the extra G1 head please re-post it. I'd love to see how that turned out.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #103
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Yes, i'm curious too, how that looks. I'm still deliberating which head i'm going to use. Hopefully we see him soon at bmutha.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:31 PM   #104
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus007 View Post
Yes, i'm curious too, how that looks. I'm still deliberating which head i'm going to use. Hopefully we see him soon at bmutha.
It’s great to see them cranking these out faster. I take it you have Optimus? I noticed the 3D machinework on Optimus and Starscream is very different between the two. If you compare their arms Optimus looks like it has more pieces attached and a lot more fragile/hollow. Whereas Starscream is more solid with a less hollow/fragile feel to it. They probably have an idea cemented now on how to machine these things more efficiently with less hassle for the builders.

I would love to have been in the room during all the Optimus meetings for planning.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #105
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
It’s great to see them cranking these out faster. I take it you have Optimus? I noticed the 3D machinework on Optimus and Starscream is very different between the two. If you compare their arms Optimus looks like it has more pieces attached and a lot more fragile/hollow. Whereas Starscream is more solid with a less hollow/fragile feel to it. They probably have an idea cemented now on how to machine these things more efficiently with less hassle for the builders.

I would love to have been in the room during all the Optimus meetings for planning.
Yes, i have Optimus too. I've never compared the two like this, but because you mentioned it, i checked it out. You're right about those arms. Optimus arms has indeed more pieces attached that feel alot more fragile and hollow then Starscreams arms. Do you think the wait for starscream was so much longer because they changed the way they build them? Because when i look at the prototype video back in 2017 i don't see any noticable differences compared to the production piece.

They do cranck them out faster if you look at the timespan with Starscream / Megatron. And if Bumblebee really comes december this year, they really kicked it up a notch! (altough a significant smaller piece)

I would love to be in their meeting room... right now.....to know more about their future transformer projects (Please make us someday a Galvatron and Hot Rod!!)
Old 10-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #106
eternalblue02

Megatron shipping soon from Spec Fiction. Just got the invoice. Express shipping from Singapore to Connecticut/US is $425. Economy shipping to the US will be around $190 and Canada $190-$240.

Never thought they’d have Starscream and Megatron release back to back within a month especially with everything going on in the world.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:57 PM   #107
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Megatron shipping soon from Spec Fiction. Just got the invoice. Express shipping from Singapore to Connecticut/US is $425. Economy shipping to the US will be around $190 and Canada $190-$240.

Never thought they’d have Starscream and Megatron release back to back within a month especially with everything going on in the world.
It is good to see these at a bit of a speedier release time. However, I’m going with economy for this one as I’ve got two other P1 pieces coming very soon. And I’m already being tempted by XM’s Soundwave in-progress pics.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #108
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
It is good to see these at a bit of a speedier release time. However, I’m going with economy for this one as I’ve got two other P1 pieces coming very soon. And I’m already being tempted by XM’s Soundwave in-progress pics.
There's nothing wrong with that. I highly suggest it on P1 pieces as well. They want $700+ for express on their Transformers to the states. I had a few of these paid off when they went up so I've been using points on my credit card to pay for the faster shipping.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #109
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Yep, mine is on the move as well. Excited!!
Old 10-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #110
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with that. I highly suggest it on P1 pieces as well. They want $700+ for express on their Transformers to the states. I had a few of these paid off when they went up so I've been using points on my credit card to pay for the faster shipping.
Hopefully the shipping should be cheaper as there's only a tiny gun and not the heavy weight truck of Optimus Prime or Plane of Starscream.
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote