Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #2731
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I hate the diamond rose, but I don't hate Emma. The only thing I would change (aside from that dumb AF rose) is the skin tone because she is pale, not that tan. XM went a little too California Plastic Surgery Barbie color. Somehow I think that will change with in-hand pics. I was very disappoint that XM - for all the chances they take - didn't have a swap out with her changing into diamond....maybe like her arm or something. Or an entire torso.
Her hair is orange too. It's awful. People may hate the SS Emma, but at least her hair is blonde, especially the EX.

But, I digress. I really want to see at least 2-3 new X-Men debuting this summer, one being a new Storm PF/maquette. I do seriously wonder if they actually intend to do all of the characters that were in the group prints. If they do, it means a new Storm, brown Wolvie, Prof. X, Iceman, Beast, Archangel, Toad, and Pyro.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #2732
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Her hair is orange too. It's awful. People may hate the SS Emma, but at least her hair is blonde, especially the EX.

But, I digress. I really want to see at least 2-3 new X-Men debuting this summer, one being a new Storm PF/maquette.
People hate SS Emma because it's one of the ugliest statues released in the last few years. You can't even compare the SS to the XM, but we do have to wait until we see the XM in hand.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #2733
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
People hate SS Emma because it's one of the ugliest statues released in the last few years. You can't even compare the SS to the XM, but we do have to wait until we see the XM in hand.
Like I said, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised (doubt it) and she won't end up coming out like one of Donald Trump's relatives.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #2734
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

But, I digress. I really want to see at least 2-3 new X-Men debuting this summer, one being a new Storm PF/maquette. I do seriously wonder if they actually intend to do all of the characters that were in the group prints. If they do, it means a new Storm, brown Wolvie, Prof. X, Iceman, Beast, Archangel, Toad, and Pyro.
I think you need to adjust your monitor colors, I'm looking at the pictures right now and XM Emma's hair is blonde.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:31 PM   #2735
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think you need to adjust your monitor colors, I'm looking at the pictures right now and XM Emma's hair is blonde.
Nah, I'm good. You like it. I hate it. It's the same ugly color they used on the SS Ms. Marvel PF, which I also hated.

This is the sort of color scheme I want to see on an Emma statue I own.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:20 PM   #2736
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

I preordered the XM Emma, I'm just a sucker for the Hellfire Club motif! I still like my SS White Queen PF.
I still Really wish XM would improve their female portraits though!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #2737
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, I didn't like the XM Emma either. I don't like the body sculpt and I don't like the pose. The paint was ok ....but not great.

I liked the SSC Emma slightly more, but don't dig it enough to PO. I think the body sculpt could've been sexier.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #2738
AC_808
Hercules

Freakiin dup
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #2739
built2shred
Phoenix

How is that not yellow? Sounds like what you want is bleach blonde which is more white than yellow...

The Worst Emma statue ever was SS last PF of her, her legs were jacked up.... The latest PF is better, but she doesn't even look like Emma, looks like some crazy cosplayer and her base looks really cheap... I'm sure SS will give it another shot down the road...
Old 05-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #2740
built2shred
Phoenix

double post