Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #3231
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

I'd love a diorama of something like this!! Come on SS!
Bernie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:35 AM   #3232
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I love dios. There is just a lack of well done X-Men ones.

And don't point me in the direction of IS. Half of their characters look really bad.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:35 AM   #3233
Demona
Martian Manhunter

And don't point me in the direction of IS. Half of their characters look really bad.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #3234
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Haha, I never really watched the animated series, I was in high school by the time that arrived (yep, I'm old).
Ha don't discount yourself lol. I was 7 when it debuted in 1992

It's never too late to catch up on the awesome series. The full thing is actually on Disney+ now if you have that streaming service. That and the Spiderman animated service make the cost worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

You gotta admit tho, that new Blob looks awesome!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #3235
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:

Me too!! I love the idea of multi character ones like this one, would offer 4.

I do like the IS ones, but they can be hit or miss. As far their X Men one... I'm on the fence. I do like it, but don't love it. It's a lot of space and money for not loving it. Though it's exactly what I wish SS would do more of. I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Ha don't discount yourself lol. I was 7 when it debuted in 1992

It's never too late to catch up on the awesome series. The full thing is actually on Disney+ now if you have that streaming service. That and the Spiderman animated service make the cost worth it!

You gotta admit tho, that new Blob looks awesome!
Definitely worth it!! Though I pre ordered the stream so got it locked in super cheap before it launched. You're right between X Men, Spiderman, Star Wars Clone Wars it's worth it!

That Blob is amazing. Actually several of the recent proximity releases look amazing! Colossus, Sabertooth, Pyro, Omega Red. It's some of the sentinel characters that are Eh; Wolverine, Cyclops Gambit, Kitty...
Bernie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #3236
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:

Rogue, wolverine, mystique maybe cyclops. Who else do You consider look really bad. Most of them look great: Jean, sabretooth, gambit, pyro, blob, Omega Red, Emma, iceman.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:56 AM   #3237
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Sauron? Didn't realize there was an X-Men villain with that name, but I like the description...

Sauron is the alter ego of physician Dr. Karl Lykos. After being bitten by mutant pterodactyls, Lykos was transformed into an energy vampire, able to absorb the life force of others through touch. If Lykos absorbs the life force of mutants, he transforms into a humanoid Pteranodon, gaining increased strength and speed in the process. However, this also causes Sauron to gain control over Lykos. Throughout his history, Sauron has often been depicted as inhabiting the hidden prehistoric jungle of the Savage Land and as an enemy of the X-Men.

That could make a badass PF, but will probably only happen if they do a Savage Lands line at some point.
Humanoid pterodactyl with vampire powers > Dark lord obsessed with tiny ring

Yeah he’d be hard to get done with that wingspan but IS made a 1/3 Hawkman so never say never. Come on Sideshow!
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:04 AM   #3238
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Rogue, wolverine, mystique maybe cyclops. Who else do You consider look really bad. Most of them look great: Jean, sabretooth, gambit, pyro, blob, Omega Red, Emma, iceman.
Storms face on the IS piece looks a little strange. Pyslocke kind of as well.

But on the other hand, I think the Bishop piece looks great! Archangel and Omega Red, Iceman, Pyro too.

Plenty of good looking pieces that made me re purchase the mystique and Professor X to get the collection ready ha.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #3239
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Storm looks like a hot garbage. Kitty looks like an old woman. I don't like Rogue face that much. Wolverine throws me off because his arms look larger than his head. Poor Cyclops keeps getting hosed on posing and face sculpts.

Several of the other characters and add-on statues you mentioned are well done. I think Emma and Psylocke are pretty. Blob and Pyro are fantastic and a refreshing change. Beast is also a ton of fun and Iceman is one of the best ever IMO, great show of his power.

Overall, it's just too many not great characters for me and when you jack up Storm, I am not buying for sure.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #3240
AC_808
Hercules

Nope, no new X-Men at the New Items Tour.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote