Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #27021
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Dredd and Alita need sequels!!! I give both of these movies 10/10. Absolutely love these 2 movies.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #27022
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Dredd and Alita need sequels!!! I give both of these movies 10/10. Absolutely love these 2 movies.
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #27023
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Agreed. What happened to that Dredd TV show I heard about?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:58 PM   #27024
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005) - A lonely shoe salesman and an eccentric performance artist struggle to connect in this unique take on contemporary life.

It's a quietly earnest movie with characters of all ages aching with yearning. The six-year-old boy attempting an online sex chat was hilarious. ))<>(( 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #27025
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The Social Dilemma (2020) - this is a Netflix documentary about the dangers of social media on our society and our every day lives, the intentional division it creates, the fact that they have little to no regulations on what they can show and to who, the depression and suicide rates that have tripled in young people since the internet took off etc scary stuff. All I can say is I'm really glad I grew up in a time before the internet, at least I'll always have those memories, I feel bad for anybody who grew up entirely under the influence of the internet, but those people will be the majority soon - 7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #27026
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Enola Holmes 6/10
Old 10-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #27027
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
The Social Dilemma (2020) - this is a Netflix documentary about the dangers of social media on our society and our every day lives, the intentional division it creates, the fact that they have little to no regulations on what they can show and to who, the depression and suicide rates that have tripled in young people since the internet took off etc scary stuff. All I can say is I'm really glad I grew up in a time before the internet, at least I'll always have those memories, I feel bad for anybody who grew up entirely under the influence of the internet, but those people will be the majority soon - 7/10
I did some stupid cringey ---- when I was young , the fact that it can be recorded for ever and available to everyone permanently is truly terrifying and that’s just the minor stuff. People are growing up in echo chambers now. It was amazing having all this information at out fingertips but we didn’t account for the misinformation too. Misinformation is profitable , it started with clickbait websites and now we have governments that have weaponised it. Scary indeed and great doco too.
8/10
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #27028
built2shred
Phoenix

Blame parents for giving their 8-year-olds smartphones with internet access... Parents give their kids their own computers in their room where they lock the door and who knows what they're doing in there with the internet...

If you want to be a smart parent have only 1 computer and set it up in the living room so you can keep an eye on what they're doing... But alas parents don't want to be bothered by their kids, so they just let them have whatever they want and do whatever they want, and then they're surprised when something bad happens...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #27029
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995) 7/10
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:20 AM   #27030
Python
Omega Red

Quote:

I agree on Dredd, but haven't yet seen Alita. Given the high praise, I should probably make it a priority....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Agreed. What happened to that Dredd TV show I heard about?

I think it is still planned. Urban mentioned as recently as 6 weeksago that it's still early days, but he's wanting to do it.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a33829...-dredd-update/
Python is offline   Reply With Quote