Phoenix

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:13 PM   #232
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJG1 View Post
Thank you for the pictures.

The XM Joker does seem a bit smaller than the Tweeterhead one in the pictures. Is it actually that way in person? If so, I have a feeling my preordered XM Aquaman and Wonder Woman won’t display well with the rest of my Tweeterhead statues.

EDIT: Sorry Jono. I just saw your post confirming the scale difference which is a shame.
Keep in mind that XM Joker is hunched over a bit whereas TH Joker is standing straight up, plus in the picture, XM Joker is set back just a tad further but in person, they look to be about the same scale... I put XM Joker with my other TH Statues and he fits in fine... If there is a difference in scale it's very minor...
Old 01-12-2020, 01:04 AM   #233
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Thx! I think these photos are the first I have seen that shows TH and XM side by side. I think XM and TH look fine together.

XM Joker in particular is a bit animated than the rest in line so I think the rest of the line will even better with TH line. I have a feeling TH Joker will look real nicely with XM harley.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #234
cjacobs83
Justice League

The xm joker looks nice but for the price, i'll stick with my Tweeterhead Joker.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:42 PM   #235
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Cool Joker. But now that we finally see a 1/6 from XM, I don't know if I'm seeing nicer paint over the TH Joker for almost twice the price. Since you have both in hand, what are your views?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:33 AM   #236
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Cool Joker. But now that we finally see a 1/6 from XM, I don't know if I'm seeing nicer paint over the TH Joker for almost twice the price. Since you have both in hand, what are your views?
Hands down the TH Joker portrait has a better paint application with more shading where XM Joker portrait is bright white which shows less detail of the face. As for the paint application on their bodies, it's a tie... both statues are painted flawlessly... TH Joker is probably the best paint application I've seen from Tweeterhead, some of the other statues in this line from TH have had some minor sloppy paint... at least on some of the ones I got.

As for their poses and bases, XM more action style pose and big robot base have more presence then TH more museum pose of Joker... When I walk by my case the XM Joker just stands out more than the other TH statues... But up close TH Joker portrait really grabs you with the details...

I think I paid roughly $100 more for XM Joker, is it worth it? For the extra $100 you do get a low edition size of 600 plus several mini-robots which are pretty cool... I'm not sure what the ES is on TH Joker as they don't seem to label their stuff and sometimes they add additional numbers... it's rather confusing...

if you take everything into consideration I would give a slight nod to TH Joker but not by much, you can't lose with either one and TH joker will look good with XM's other DC statues when they come out IMO..

Although once XM Joker is paired up with XM Harley I think that will be the paring to own IMO, although it's speculation until I see XM Harley in hand...
Old 01-13-2020, 02:36 AM   #237
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

TH Joker is impossible to beat...just a perfect statue.

But I think XM Joker looks a level above any of the other TH statues in these photos.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #238
chronos1919
Nightwing

Agreed. TH Joker is the winner here.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:21 PM   #239
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I was going through my past orders today, and I noticed that I got an email from XM saying I'd get a replacement for my Joker statue on 11/18/2019. Over a year later and not a single update about it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote