Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
mikenice232
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Cinemaquette T-850 Care and cleaning

This is straight from the Cinemaquettes FAQ's page:
Q: Is the silicon head on my T-850 going to deteriorate? What’s the deal with this weird powder that came with my Cinemaquette? What if his hair gets messed up in shipping?
A: We’d like to take a moment to answer some questions that have come up about our T-850 Cinemaquette and hopefully put to rest any concerns you might have about the quality and durability of the product.

Some customers have questioned the long-term durability of the silicon head. In point of fact, silicon has an incredible lifespan, maintaining its integrity and coherence for decades. The head is not merely covered with a silicon skin, but is in fact entirely composed of silicon, for better durability and overall quality. In addition, the paint that is used on the skin is also silicon-based (unlike other paints applied to latex, which has a very short shelf life) and should maintain its appearance for many years to come if stored in a dry place.

In terms of the hassle of dealing with the powder, we only included that as a last resort. Although we recommend against handling the face of the T-850 overmuch, we realize that it’s just human nature that collectors will want to touch the Cinemaquette’s head, and over a long period of time, if too much oil from human skin gets on the silicon, the face could appear shiny. The colorless powder is merely to prevent the shiny gloss, should it become necessary in years to come, and retain the proper matte finish. It should also be noted that if the silicon face gets dirty due to pollutants in the air or human skin oil, it can be cleaned with a Q-tip and a small amount of rubbing alcohol. The silicon skin may get shiny after the alcohol cleaning, but a simple, light dab of the powder will return it to its natural look.

As for the hair, each piece is individually hand-punched and no two are alike. The hairstyle of each Cinemaquette has been styled before packing, but we cannot guarantee that it will arrive exactly the same way, due to the vagaries of shipping. The hair can be styled by the consumer with a simple toothbrush. Additional instructions for care of the Cinemaquette’s hairstyle will be posted here on the site as necessary.
mikenice232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Hmm. Cinemaquette never got back to me about removing the paint rub on Jack's nose. Alchohol may work, or perhaps just a Q-tip and some luke warm water.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It seems Cinemaquette are up to their usual tricks by not replying to customers once again.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I asked a question about Aragorn and never got an answer. Because of that, I did not buy.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Castaneda
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I ordered T-800 and I asked a question about payment 2 weeks ago. I never received a response, only the automated response : "thank you for your order" in my e-mail inbox.

Castaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
Trilogy

This is unfortunately nothing new. Cinemaquette are well known for not replying to customers.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Why? Why?
Why will they not answer simple questions. It makes no sense to me.
They lost a sale from me because they wouldn't answer my simple question. Each one of these are quite expensive. It's not like they lost out on 10 bucks or something.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Trilogy

They seem selective as to which emails they respond to.
It was originally believed to be due to lack of staff. This however was meant to be remedied. It apparently has not.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

They are no doubt ramping up for SDCC 2008, which is why things will be even worse than they are normally at this time.

CM need to repeat the practice of setting up authorised service centres (as they did with FPI in the UK), to deal with damages, returns and general queries. Whenever I go through FPI for some info nI get a very quick turnaround, normally 2 or 3 days depending on the nature of the query.
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #10
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
Why? Why?
Why will they not answer simple questions. It makes no sense to me.
They lost a sale from me because they wouldn't answer my simple question.
Each one of these are quite expensive. It's not like they lost out on 10 bucks or something.
...cause they don't give a rats ass about their customers...that's why....they answer what they want...when they want....if they want...
...doing what you did...not buying their product....it's the only way u could teach them somehow....
..they have the most lame and pathetic customer service in the business today....and they know that...yet they do nothing to improve it....
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote