Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-19-2022, 10:19 AM   #41
Frankierock
Inhumans

Ok , so maybe I spoke too soon about a day one purchase..
Not sure why they made him lean so much..and why not just widen the base a bit, have Solo perched up on the base by a step which would add more stability. Not sure why he needed to be floating.
Iron studios did it better..see below. SSC should change it to something more like that.

And honestly if they wind up selling Han separately, I’d just buy that and put him behind my OG Fett as he already has a step on his base.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D2A8054B-ADF9-45B1-8CDA-617ECA12FA44.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	151884  
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:21 AM   #42
MaxGoof
Nightwing

Why would Boba Fett be leaning on the Carbonite Block like that? I don’t get it.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:34 AM   #43
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
Why would Boba Fett be leaning on the Carbonite Block like that? I don?t get it.
I get the leaning..it’s their way of showing Fett being Cocky after a capture of this magnitude..
The Floating is what bothers me, he still could be leaning with Han lower on the base.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:58 PM   #44
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I feel like this piece is more gimmick than anything

Sideshow are loving their gravity defying pieces aren't they
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:07 PM   #45
ukshaun
Hercules

The lean looks ridiculous..
I get the impression Sideshow had the idea of floating Carbonite and seeked the solution they did, without wanting to take the route of a lump of clear plastic.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:23 PM   #46
Peedi
The Secret Six

Sideshow and these ?only viewable by one angle or the whole illusion falls apart? statues. Time for new art direction. Or director.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:51 PM   #47
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The floating Han looks to gimmicky for me. I think I would have preferred that Han was on a wall from Jabba's palace. Then BF could have been standing in a classic BF pose instead of leaning on Han like he's taking a senior picture for high school. Also, if this is supposed to be right after they took Han out of the carbonite machine but before he falls over, then they could have had Han resting on the floor by BF.

I feel like they just did it the way they did it because someone thought the floating Han would blow everyone's minds, but it doesn't make much sense since Han never floated like that in the films.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 04:00 PM   #48
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I feel like they just did it the way they did it because someone thought the floating Han would blow everyone's minds, but it doesn't make much sense since Han never floated like that in the films.
Yeah, I agree with that. I thought I wanted this, but the more I look at it I really don't. Han is WAY too high up in the air, which is really my sticking point. He floats up high when the slab is on its back in Cloud City, but standing upright at Jabba's it's barely off the ground. And if it is floating, how is Boba putting pressure on it and not having it float away?

It's a good gimmick, but not a very well thought out one. A friend told me I was putting too much thought into it, but for the price they will want I don't think I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Sideshow and these ?only viewable by one angle or the whole illusion falls apart? statues. Time for new art direction. Or director.
I agree. Statues should have any viewing angle, not 1. Now every statue needs a viewing gimmick. Before this it was spray painted lighting effects shoehorned in where they weren't needed, or didn't make sense (Darkseid's hand, with no optional swap out, anyone...?) I'd just like them going back to well designed statues.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 04:01 PM   #49
Mister H
Youngblood

I think I’ll keep my Fett PF from 2007, skip this one, get the Mando version and keep waiting for a new mythos version.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:45 PM   #50
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Agree wholeheartedly. The art direction on recent pieces has been lacking. SSC, start acting like an industry veteran, not a 15 year trying to impress a girl.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote