Old 04-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #121
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

nice! looks good

any release date yet?!
Quicksilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #122
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Info! Finally!

http://www.beckett.com/news/2016-upp...s/#more-110246
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #123
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

So you have to buy a case to have a reasonable chance of getting a full base set??!! That's just ridiculous.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #124
SONICobra
Batman

I find these things so confusing... what is a hobby box? if I want to get a complete set am I going to have to buy a pallet of these things or what?

either way they look glorious
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:41 AM   #125
Brian R.
The Riddler

Yeah, this really pisses me off. One base card per pack?! I just want a base set, and it's going to cost a fortune. 90 of the 100 base cards are regularly packed, but the top ten high numbers are short printed. Ridiculous. I've waited 20 years for these, and this news is really disappointing. I get that chase cards and all the holofoil and lenticular crap would be hard to come by, but to me, these have always just taken away from the artwork, and I don't care about them at all. The base cards though, should always be relatively easy to get, and I resent making them difficult to complete a full set. Plus the short printed high numbers are done on "canvas stock" instead of regular card stock, so they won't even look like they're from the same set.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #126
risingstar
Jedi Order

I imagine the high cost of having this set produced is somehow behind the high cost of completing a set. I think each card features an original 11 by 17 painting.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #127
Brian R.
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I imagine the high cost of having this set produced is somehow behind the high cost of completing a set. I think each card features an original 11 by 17 painting.
It does, but so did the 1992 set. I don't care about a complete set when it comes to sketch cards, holofoil cards etc., but I resent the base set being difficult to get. One base card per pack is ridiculous. There are 12 packs per box, so it would take almost 9 boxes of cards to get a complete base card set, assuming you don't get any doubles.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #128
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I do agree about the art, but I am a sucker for the inserts, brings back great choldhood memories and the feeling that came with finding one in ur pack. They had me at holofoil and Mirage cards But yes, i too find it a bit hard to follow and the packs sound whack.. 3 card per pack? What the hell is that? That aint no masterpieces i remember

Another thing that concerns me is the talk of thicker stock than usual, kinda makes me think it will be less practical and hard to store?

But one things for sure.. we're going to have some amazing art.. 120 pcs of OG Jusko art from the marvel universe and some awesome inserts.. im still pumped

Cant wait til we all start getting them, seeing who gets what, etc.. awesome to know other fans of this stuff.. and we've been hanging a long time..
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #129
Brian R.
The Riddler

I think he painted 135 actually. Even better! I hope the lenticular cards feature art available on other cards, otherwise we'll have to tilt the cards to even see some of the paintings! This forum might be a good place to trade these though, as some of us want different types of cards from the set. The pics you're showing of the paintings that look like old covers are pretty cool I have to admit.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #130
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

ugh after years of waiting its gonna cost a grand just to get a base set, this is awful news IMO very depressing. This kind of "premium" release is not what the marvel masterpieces are about, the artwork is so fantastic they should make it reasonable to get a complete set because everyone is going to want these, now its gonna be insane demand and insanely low supply, this set is going to make the cost of the 96 masterpieces look like nothing
Quicksilver is online now   Reply With Quote