Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #4111
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Since there has been no news (preview pics etc) of MK Mileena 1/3, which went up for pre order prior to Chun Li 1/3, and was due to ship 1st quarter 2018, my guess is Chun-Li 1/3 will be 2019, not unless the new factories PCS are using are on top of their game
Has there been any updates for the 1/3 Mileena and Kitanna? I feel like i havent seen anything in quite some time.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #4112
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Has there been any updates for the 1/3 Mileena and Kitanna? I feel like i havent seen anything in quite some time.
As far as i know, no news on Mileena 1/3

There was some news on Kitanna 1/3 in the form of a video released on Twitter showing work in progress. Kitanna looked close to complete. I think was the first time the portrait has been shown without the mouth cover.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #4113
strife87
Spider-Ham

I like that unmasked portrait.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #4114
Vendetta
The X-Men

I got a waitlist conversion for a Legacy set - do I step up from the Battle Dress to a full set?! Do I need three 1/3 Chun-Li's in my collection when I have the OG 1/4 and a boatload of other crap already?! Someone talk me out of it since I'm actually considering it!
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #4115
yogamite
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I got a waitlist conversion for a Legacy set - do I step up from the Battle Dress to a full set?! Do I need three 1/3 Chun-Li's in my collection when I have the OG 1/4 and a boatload of other crap already?! Someone talk me out of it since I'm actually considering it!
Congrats on your wait list conversion for the Legacy set.

Hmm...sounds like you have quite the dilemma.

One question. Did you initially try to get the legacy set and were unable to...so you settled for the Battle dress? Or did you go for the Battle Dress from the jump?

From what you said...it sounds like you are tight on space.

I guess you need to ask yourself do you really need all 3? I'm not sure how much of a hard-core Chun Li fan you are. If your super-hardcore and of the mindset that "I HAVE TO HAVE EVERY CHUN LI COLLECTIBLE"...then I say go for it. I think you might be since you added your name to the legacy wait list.

If not, I would say pass on the legacy set. Mainly because you already have the OG 1/4.

Waiting is also an option too. You could just wait until you get your battle dress and keep an eye out for the in hand pictures of the other two. If you like them...then pick them up on the secondary market.

Haha...its definitely impossible to give you a clear cut answer as I'm not you. Just giving my thoughts.

Good luck with what you decide on doing either way man...
yogamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #4116
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamite View Post
Congrats on your wait list conversion for the Legacy set.

Hmm...sounds like you have quite the dilemma.

One question. Did you initially try to get the legacy set and were unable to...so you settled for the Battle dress? Or did you go for the Battle Dress from the jump?

From what you said...it sounds like you are tight on space.

I guess you need to ask yourself do you really need all 3? I'm not sure how much of a hard-core Chun Li fan you are. If your super-hardcore and of the mindset that "I HAVE TO HAVE EVERY CHUN LI COLLECTIBLE"...then I say go for it. I think you might be since you added your name to the legacy wait list.

If not, I would say pass on the legacy set. Mainly because you already have the OG 1/4.

Waiting is also an option too. You could just wait until you get your battle dress and keep an eye out for the in hand pictures of the other two. If you like them...then pick them up on the secondary market.

Haha...its definitely impossible to give you a clear cut answer as I'm not you. Just giving my thoughts.

Good luck with what you decide on doing either way man...
Thanks for the detailed response! I agonized over whether to get the set or just my favorite one (Battle Dress) before preorders started last year, and I eventually decided to settle for just one statue with the expectation that I’d have more options for at least the OG outfit in the future with 1/4 stuff from Prime 1 and Ultimate / Ultra versions from PCS.

It’s the Alpha variant that I have a bit of regret passing up on, as that’s less likely to be tackled in the near future, though maybe PCS will do it as a variant in the Ultimate line.

I’m a lifelong SF fan, but buying three versions of the same 1/3 statue still is something I have trouble pulling the trigger on since I have so many interests. plus space is a significant issue (I was already out of space, and that’s before my P1 collecting started), as you’ve noted. Yet I like the sculpt enough - and each variant is different and uniquely compelling enough - that I’ve still considered the set as much as I have.

I’ll probably reluctantly just stick with my current order, and maybe I’ll try to snag an Alpha variant in the aftermarket if it comes out nicely. That’ll probably be the hardest version to get though.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 AM   #4117
Vendetta
The X-Men

Yay, my Alpha waitlist converted! I’m happy I passed on the Legacy set waitlist conversion now as I wasn’t feeling like getting the regular costume (I’d ordered Battle Dress only initially).
Old 05-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #4118
yogamite
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Yay, my Alpha waitlist converted! I’m happy I passed on the Legacy set waitlist conversion now as I wasn’t feeling like getting the regular costume (I’d ordered Battle Dress only initially).
That's what's up man! Congrats!

If I remember correctly during the chaos of preorder day...the Alpha was the first to sellout.

Glad to hear everything worked out...
yogamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #4119
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamite View Post
That's what's up man! Congrats!

If I remember correctly during the chaos of preorder day...the Alpha was the first to sellout.

Glad to hear everything worked out...
Thanks! I should have just bought Alpha to begin with, as I’m paying 5% more getting her now than if I ordered her back then.

I know I’ll eventually want the regular Chunners to complete the set, but I figure I’d have the best chance of maybe getting her in the aftermarket at a discount since her ES is larger, she sold out last, and there will likely be awesome statues of her from PCS and other companies in this costume in the future...
Old 05-29-2018, 06:56 PM   #4120
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Thanks! I should have just bought Alpha to begin with, as I’m paying 5% more getting her now than if I ordered her back then.

I know I’ll eventually want the regular Chunners to complete the set, but I figure I’d have the best chance of maybe getting her in the aftermarket at a discount since her ES is larger, she sold out last, and there will likely be awesome statues of her from PCS and other companies in this costume in the future...
Congrats dude! Definitely gonna be a great set up!
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote