Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-01-2022, 08:05 PM   #381
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Since this is not an exclusive, I decided to cancel my preorder with Sideshow and will preorder from Sideshow's partner here in Australia, Popcultcha. If any of the other statues are an indication, it will be far cheaper for me to preorder locally here in Australia. I've only preordered the exclusives from Sideshow because I have all of them in the series so far.

I dont mind this being an all-inclusive release. Probably good for everyone who wants one. But I'll definitely go with whichever retailer can give the bang for buck. The AU exchange rate is just terrible now, and Pop's prices are usually the best for us Aussie collectors.
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #382
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The Frankie Reborn from SS just dropped and it?s around the same price. It what it is folks. I don?t think TH is price gouging based on that release, this Trap Jaw, and what Igo stated.
I believe a good chunk of that exquisite Frankie Reborn's profit goes to the artist Olivia, not to mention a couple of the original Sideshow 1/4 scale statues (the Dragon Slayer and the Bounty Hunter) are less than $500 mark!

But then again TH isn't as big as SS!
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:29 PM   #383
Frankierock
Omega Red

Well I pre-ordered mine. Wasn’t happy about the price, but it was only $55 higher then I thought it would be. So I bit. TrapJaw is one of my all time favorite characters, so I Needed this.
Wish times were better for us All, but things are still a mess, and I just hope we get rewarded from all these companies once things hopefully get back in check, and we aren’t paying exorbitant prices for statues once it does.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:44 AM   #384
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Hey gang

We totally hear everyone on the price being more than what anyone expected, even us... we were shocked...

This was negotiated as much as we could to get it as low as we could, end of the day, globally things are crazy, price of materials are still insane and always going up, same for labor costs, shipping is insane, and this piece is one of the more insane pieces we've done...

Size is a factor, but complexity is another. The way the modern arm was made to get that complex look, was... complex. Same for all the other bits and pieces that are separate on him... And we opted out of offering an EX (which was the classic hook arm) to have it be ALL inclusive because we felt this was a piece where it was "too good" to limit. We wanted all fans to be able to get both Trap Jaws (Modern and Classic) for as long as possible without limiting either.

We'll be looking at ways to help try to curb the price on these things as much as we can in the future, but I hate the idea of over simplifying these things either... it'll take some thinking...

We super appreciate the support on this. We KNOW times are tough for a lot of people, and this thing is more expensive than any other 1:5 scale piece in this line by a LOT... We wanted to give everyone the best Trap Jaw possible, and that comes with a cost we couldnt foresee.

Hey Igo, thanks for clarifying that, highly appreciated. That price is totally understandable. It is what it is. I love this line so much, it is the best one out there in my humble opinion. I will get this Trap Jaw for sure, but I guess I?ll wait for a German retailer to order it from there. Shipping costs to Germany and taxes are insane these days, so I appreciate the lack of an exclusive version even more.

Now if you would only make the Sorceresses base a bit smaller so that she fits into my cabinet, I?d name my first-born child after you.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:39 AM   #385
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Hey gang

We totally hear everyone on the price being more than what anyone expected, even us... we were shocked...

This was negotiated as much as we could to get it as low as we could, end of the day, globally things are crazy, price of materials are still insane and always going up, same for labor costs, shipping is insane, and this piece is one of the more insane pieces we've done...

Size is a factor, but complexity is another. The way the modern arm was made to get that complex look, was... complex. Same for all the other bits and pieces that are separate on him... And we opted out of offering an EX (which was the classic hook arm) to have it be ALL inclusive because we felt this was a piece where it was "too good" to limit. We wanted all fans to be able to get both Trap Jaws (Modern and Classic) for as long as possible without limiting either.

We'll be looking at ways to help try to curb the price on these things as much as we can in the future, but I hate the idea of over simplifying these things either... it'll take some thinking...

We super appreciate the support on this. We KNOW times are tough for a lot of people, and this thing is more expensive than any other 1:5 scale piece in this line by a LOT... We wanted to give everyone the best Trap Jaw possible, and that comes with a cost we couldnt foresee.
Maybe fast-track a nice simple She-Ra to offset the pricey complexity of this one.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 05:20 PM   #386
ROE
Frackin!

Gah, that price. I understand though. Inflation is a mofo.

Unfortunately, this is more than I am willing to drop on a statue, even one as nice looking as Trap Jaw.

I had worried about this kind of price increase for awhile now. It has happened with every line I have ever collected.

At this point in time, I worry about the hobby period. The world's economy is getting ready to enter a deep recession. Where I live charities and shelters are closing every single day. Food banks are having a rough go of it too. Just looks bad.
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:11 AM   #387
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Popcultcha here in Australia just listed the Trap Jaw for preorder, with their usual preorder discount. Add 10% off again using my pennies, and this was a massive saving over using Sideshow, even after I used my reward pts.

In a way I'm glad this had no exclusive, but I know I would have gladly ordered from Sideshow if there was an exclusive too. Cant wait for this to come out! Shame the wait seems so long.

Hopefully they show Beast Man next!
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:36 PM   #388
Vracula
Jedi Order

Put my preorder at Pop too . Inflation has hit everything unfortunately. I don?t buy from SS anymore . Shipping and taxes are stupid.

Igo and tweeterhead thanks for no exclusives. I am hoping that we get rid of exclusives all together. Statue prices have reached a point where exclusives cost about 50% or more after shipping and taxes is all said and done.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:31 PM   #389
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Put my preorder at Pop too . Inflation has hit everything unfortunately. I don?t buy from SS anymore . Shipping and taxes are stupid.

Igo and tweeterhead thanks for no exclusives. I am hoping that we get rid of exclusives all together. Statue prices have reached a point where exclusives cost about 50% or more after shipping and taxes is all said and done.
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 11:55 PM   #390
AC_808
Hercules

No EX ...I don't mind either. Just gives me more time to collect Reward Points and to get a Discount Code to get this piece. I am getting this piece ...no doubt ...but Reward Points and Discount Codes help a great deal. Same goes for the Aquaman MAQ.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote