Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 09-14-2022, 06:23 AM   #191
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

A couple of pics of the light-up head. It's not 100% terrible but probably the most disappointing thing about the statue. I quite liked it in the earliest pics. They should have gone full angry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220913_153751520.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	153751 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220913_153633729.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	153752
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 06:31 AM   #192
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermin93 View Post
The S looks alot better tha previous poster, but the stripes on the side look all black?
When you say stripes on the side do you mean the vertical striation-like lines that run down his torso and legs? if so they are a different full black with no highlighting that stand out.

They are silver on Iron Studios piece which I think is incorrect. They are supposed to be a shinier more solid black than the rest of the suit.

If you look at the first picture I just posted you can see the difference better.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:51 AM   #193
nermin93
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
When you say stripes on the side do you mean the vertical striation-like lines that run down his torso and legs? if so they are a different full black with no highlighting that stand out.

They are silver on Iron Studios piece which I think is incorrect. They are supposed to be a shinier more solid black than the rest of the suit.

If you look at the first picture I just posted you can see the difference better.
ye that is actually correct my bad, although the silver stripes do look kinda good. i just hope my S crest is destinct enought, can't be bothered sending it back or smashing for a new. could you maybe share a SS of the mail from weta?
nermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 01:31 AM   #194
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
Just got mine in and honestly it's a lot better than I was expecting. Still looking into a repaint but under the right light it looks perfectly acceptable imho. The likeness is at maybe 35% what it could be but that's 1:4 scales for you. (I think this line might be closer to 1:5 btw) Here's some bad phone pictures
This is probably the best so far. Actually looks decent.
fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 11:15 AM   #195
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
This is probably the best so far. Actually looks decent.
Thanks! Went ahead and did a repaint anyway. Never tried to repaint one of my statues before but I'm happy with the result. Much better than before imo.

The paint is called MIRROR from culturehustleusa.com in case anyone is looking to do the same.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CollageMaker_20221105_083235006.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	155438  
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #196
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
Thanks! Went ahead and did a repaint anyway. Never tried to repaint one of my statues before but I'm happy with the result. Much better than before imo.

The paint is called MIRROR from culturehustleusa.com in case anyone is looking to do the same.
Please post a pic of the finished product. It looks nice so far.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 05:31 AM   #197
T1OOO

My replacement arrived. I thought they were just sending a body but they sent the whole thing. When I said I was okay with the new one I had to make the old one unsellable and send them photos.

As you can see there is more of a contrast on the newer one. It's edition number 060 whereas the other one was 500 something. It's very interesting to see the differences between them. The way the body fastens on is better in the later version. Differences in the skin tone and vains in the hands etc.

I would say the whole thing is slightly lighter but nowhere near as much in the picture, there is more light coming from the left in the pic.

Name:	PXL_20221108_171120053.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	155530
Old 11-09-2022, 06:53 AM   #198
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I never cancel anything, but I canceled this. It looks nothing like Henry Cavill's Superman. Maybe if it was my only Cavill Superman statue the likeness being off wouldn't be so apparent in the collection.. But I have P1's 1/3rd and will also own Queen's. This just doesn't compare IMO.

I do hope Weta continues the line though, I love the Joker and Darkseid.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:57 AM   #199
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
My replacement arrived. I thought they were just sending a body but they sent the whole thing. When I said I was okay with the new one I had to make the old one unsellable and send them photos.

As you can see there is more of a contrast on the newer one. It's edition number 060 whereas the other one was 500 something. It's very interesting to see the differences between them. The way the body fastens on is better in the later version. Differences in the skin tone and vains in the hands etc.

I would say the whole thing is slightly lighter but nowhere near as much in the picture, there is more light coming from the left in the pic.

Attachment 155530
Gosh... the paint app is still bad. Both the S symbol are still painted black?!! Does WETA not know the S symbol is silver colour? Why do they continuously paint black over the S symbol on the later batches? Jeez...
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:58 AM   #200
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I never cancel anything, but I canceled this. It looks nothing like Henry Cavill's Superman. Maybe if it was my only Cavill Superman statue the likeness being off wouldn't be so apparent in the collection.. But I have P1's 1/3rd and will also own Queen's. This just doesn't compare IMO.

I do hope Weta continues the line though, I love the Joker and Darkseid.
I think saying it looks nothing like Henry Cavill is hyperbolic. He certainly wouldn't be confused for anyone else. And not like it's a high bar but it's superior to Sideshows 1/4 Cavill.

If I had the funds and the room. I would be rocking Prime 1 3rd scales too.