Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2022, 05:45 PM   #191
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks good AzureVista
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:36 AM   #192
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Opened mine today. No issue with lean or floating left foot ? but yes, the basket does seem heavy for the magnet. Praying it stays where it?s supposed to. Sorry to say (for some of the naysayers) but the crossbow is well done and looks really cool.
I seen a bunch of people say the basket is heavy..I’m going to try and use removable putty when putting mine together..
I’ve seen it on Art Statue Collector video..he uses this on his statue..see below, he has some good tips. Putty is that the 3:35 mark..
But entire video has some cool Statue cleaning and maintaining advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Olf1OKffRI
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 12:30 PM   #193
AzureVista
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I seen a bunch of people say the basket is heavy..I?m going to try and use removable putty when putting mine together..
I?ve seen it on Art Statue Collector video..he uses this on his statue..see below, he has some good tips.
Oh, cool idea, I might try that!

That reminds me of another workaround I used once to fix a lean...I got a super old-school Gen13 Fairchild statue, and the foot peg/blocks didn't sit firmly at all in the base (I think it was just early days for statues when it was made, and they weren't engineered very well), causing the lean. The official instructions said to superglue it in.

Instead, I filled in the gaps with polymer clay, like Sculpey; a bit of the clay ended up being visible, but since they make it in a huge variety of colors for artists, I was able to match the color of the base exactly and it isn't noticeable at all unless you look close.

(Also since the clay isn't baked or anything it should be removable, though I haven't tried yet...)
AzureVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 11:30 AM   #194
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I seen a bunch of people say the basket is heavy..I?m going to try and use removable putty when putting mine together..
I?ve seen it on Art Statue Collector video..he uses this on his statue..see below, he has some good tips. Putty is that the 3:35 mark..
But entire video has some cool Statue cleaning and maintaining advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Olf1OKffRI
Just ordered the putty from Amazon. Thanks for posting the video!
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 11:33 AM   #195
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureVista View Post
This is my first piece from this line (also the first of them I've ever seen in person), and I love it! Her face, physique, and posture are all very JSC, and the spiral flow of the branch around her pose is very impressive...one of those things you have to see irl to really appreciate.

The lean: I didn't read about this too carefully, so I'm not sure which direction the possible lean would be in? I will say, the basket is HEAVY (those magnets have their work cut out for them), and attaching it does seem to make her lean that way a little bit (maybe the design compensates for that?) Seems like it would have been nice if they had figured out a way to make the basket hollow or something, but I don't if that would actually be feasible...

The first thing that struck me when opening the box was seeing the snow on the base and being like "Uh...that is GRAY." But, it does look consistent with the official unboxing video. Plus, when everything is assembled and you're seeing it against the branches and her boots, it looks more whitish with the contrast.

But yeah, all the 'white' parts, including her panties, are a bit gray for my taste...but all consistent with each other, and with the official video (so I doubt I'd have any luck with a replacement on that basis), but again, it doesn't look bad once assembled.

I got lucky and mine doesn't have that issue, so, here's hoping you can get it resolved!
I wonder if the gray tones were suppose to represent nighttime so the whites would not be so bright.

I absolutely love the piece but yeah, that basket is HEAVY!
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:22 PM   #196
coolbear
Justice League

I sent my statue back to Sideshow and they sent me a replacement which is looking perfect with both feet touching the base. So kudos to Sideshow (specially the support team) for getting it right.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:32 PM   #197
AzureVista
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
I sent my statue back to Sideshow and they sent me a replacement which is looking perfect with both feet touching the base. So kudos to Sideshow (specially the support team) for getting it right.
Congrats! Yeah, I had a piece once that arrived defective and they replaced it no problem...they do seem very reliable about that!
AzureVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 01:06 PM   #198
Frankierock
Omega Red

Ok mine is paid off, now to wait for the shipping info…can’t wait.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:54 PM   #199
nearmint
Phoenix

This was just on Sideshow Seconds. Lasted about a minute.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:29 AM   #200
AC_808
Hercules

Good thing it only lasted for a minute cause I wouldn't be able to take advantage of it anyway.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote