Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-04-2022, 03:45 PM   #601
Markhatestoys
Justice League

So I keep looking at the pictures of this on Sideshow and I'm wondering where they get the 27" height measurement from. WW is 1/6 scale, which puts her body at about 12 inches head to toe, add in another 4 inches from the top of her head to the top of the raised spear, and then add in about 5 inches from the bottom of the base to where WW's right foot sits. That adds up to 21 inches. What am I not seeing here? Because 27 inches is outrageous for a 1/6 figure and I wouldn't be able to fit it anywhere in my 1/6 collection, but 21 inches I can probably swing.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:44 PM   #602
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

^ Check out bottom of page 21 in the Aquaman thread. I posted a photo of the JL at Comic-con, all side-by-side.

Supes is listed at 20.5" H and it does look like Wonder Woman's staff peaks another 5 inches above his head. 27" seems high though. It didn't seem that high at con.

Personally, I'm going to custom fab a team base and key the JL statues into it sans their individual bases. I think with that approach, I can have more control of the heights of the statues and arrange them in a tiered fashion as I see fit. I know that isn't an option for most, but these bases came in with a bit bigger of a footprint than I was hoping, so going the custom route for the team base will give me what I'm looking for.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:14 PM   #603
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
So I keep looking at the pictures of this on Sideshow and I'm wondering where they get the 27" height measurement from. WW is 1/6 scale, which puts her body at about 12 inches head to toe, add in another 4 inches from the top of her head to the top of the raised spear, and then add in about 5 inches from the bottom of the base to where WW's right foot sits. That adds up to 21 inches. What am I not seeing here? Because 27 inches is outrageous for a 1/6 figure and I wouldn't be able to fit it anywhere in my 1/6 collection, but 21 inches I can probably swing.
The spear is more than 4" above her head, and the base is taller than 5".

You can knock off 1.5" by displaying the sword rather than the spear.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:55 PM   #604
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Looking at the pic on Sideshow's site with the ruler graphic beside it, Wonder Woman herself is a smidgen less than 14 and a half inches tall from the bottom of her right boot to the top of her hair. So that was the error in my math right there--assuming she was perfect sixth scale and then judging the heights of the base and spear based on that.

So as a 1/6 scale figure Wonder Woman's height works out to about 85 inches including her pouffy hair and her boot heel. Taking a generous 9 inches off for her hair and her heel puts us at 76 inches. I think as a 1/6 scale figure this Wonder Woman's height maps out to about... 6'4"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wonder woman.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	152561  
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:27 PM   #605
prizzy726
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
So as a 1/6 scale figure Wonder Woman's height works out to about 85 inches including her pouffy hair and her boot heel. Taking a generous 9 inches off for her hair and her heel puts us at 76 inches. I think as a 1/6 scale figure this Wonder Woman's height maps out to about... 6'4"?
I believe currently in comics she is 6?2?.
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:48 PM   #606
AC_808
Hercules

Edit:

Nevermind. Just saw in today's Newsletter that this piece is still in production and will ship early next year.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:51 PM   #607
Divagirl
Fantastic Four

I wonder when we will see production samples of Wonder Woman. I want to make sure her head and neck are all one piece and she doesn't have the neck line break like the Super Powers statue had.
Divagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:13 PM   #608
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divagirl View Post
I wonder when we will see production samples of Wonder Woman. I want to make sure her head and neck are all one piece and she doesn't have the neck line break like the Super Powers statue had.
Considering how common the complaint was, I'd be surprised if they didn't address it this time. Popped up over and over again on Igo's feedback thread.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:39 PM   #609
Divagirl
Fantastic Four

Hopefully the previous statue was only made that way because of the switch out torso and this one will not have the same issue. Maybe Igo will chime in for some reassurance.
Divagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:36 PM   #610
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Look at the piece. There is no reason why her body and head are not all together. Then her forearms detach at each of the bracers. Easy peasy and no neck seam.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote