Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-26-2022, 11:40 AM   #291
Lugnuts
Birdman

I love my TDKR and Hush Batman because I love the looks and stories they are from, but this statue is epic for 2 reasons
1) The cape bellowing upwards and him looking down is just so Batman like. It’s epic!
2) NO DIAPERS! I absolutely HATE the diaper look, which makes me a hypocrite since I just said I love Hush and TDKR, and I really do, but that doesn’t mean I can’t hate them a tiny bit. The diaper look should have died off a long time ago, but for some dumb reason it’s still around.
Hush Batcave is a 10/10 to me, this is an 11/10.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:01 PM   #292
Singuy
Frackin!

I was really contemplating which to PO, black Hush or Fabok. Now with the side by side, I am certain I made the right choice by going with Fabok. I almost pulled the trigger on the black Hush, but the pose and gravatas of batman from Fabok won me over. He really looks like he's about to jump off that building and going to F up some baddies. Completely captured the essence of the dark fear inducing tone of batman.
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:28 PM   #293
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
We have better than pics available now. Gem Mint and Batman Statue Collector received their EX statues and released video reviews of them on their YouTube channels. To say this piece looks AWESOME is not enough. For me personally, it's the very BEST Batman statue ever released. Chris from BSC said in his unboxing video that he thinks he likes it more than his P1 Lee Batcave Batman statue. That's high praise indeed. I waiting anxiously for mine to arrive.
BSC likes everything. Literally. Everything is a 10/10 amazing piece to that guy. So I'd listen to a different source if I were you. A few reviews I've seen have knocked it for the base being too plastic and cheap feeling. The XM Batman on batcycle is way better.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:54 PM   #294
nearmint
Phoenix

I tend to like most things that I review, as well. That's because I'm spending my hard-earned money on these pieces, just like you guys, and I do a lot of research on a statue, before I place an order, to make sure it's a quality product that will fit nicely into my collection.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #295
Royalguard
The Avengers

The Fabok look nice as does the Hush. They both have their own merits. I only have the Hush and he’s still catches my eye first when I enter my room. I’ve had him since day 1 and I wasn’t aware of any leaning issue. Of course I don’t move him around or disassemble him. (I think than can be a factor). Can’t go wrong with either one imo
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:19 PM   #296
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
The Fabok look nice as does the Hush. They both have their own merits. I only have the Hush and he?s still catches my eye first when I enter my room. I?ve had him since day 1 and I wasn?t aware of any leaning issue. Of course I don?t move him around or disassemble him. (I think than can be a factor). Can?t go wrong with either one imo
Both great pieces. without a doubt the two best Batman statues ever made.

I just checked my Batcave statue for lean. again, zero movement from the day-1 measurements. Maybe some lean, but i think it's an optical illusion base on his walking pose. He's stepping with one leg and but his weight is on the other leg which gives an appearance of leaning.

The Jim Lee Batvace statue with the smirk is the perfect Batman for me, because i think Jim Lee is The KING of my generation, similar to how Fabok is to the newer generation of readers. the fact that this new statue is based on the 1000 cover is really cool and adds more reinforcement to Fabok fans and lovers of DC 1000 why this one is the best.

these 2 are BEST of THE BEST, for sure!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:38 PM   #297
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Two of the BEST Batman statues to date…..until 6 months from now when they’re not.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #298
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Two of the BEST Batman statues to date?..until 6 months from now when they?re not.
i hear what you are saying but that's no easy task. The formula has to include bullet proof art direction, based on ideal fan favorite artwork, useful switch outs, flawless production execution and most importantly simplicity while being stop-you-in-your-tracks impressive.

it's rare we get a piece to nail all of those things. The two batman statues we're discussing appear to nail everything i mentioned.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:13 PM   #299
Singuy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i hear what you are saying but that's no easy task. The formula has to include bullet proof art direction, based on ideal fan favorite artwork, useful switch outs, flawless production execution and most importantly simplicity while being stop-you-in-your-tracks impressive.

it's rare we get a piece to nail all of those things. The two batman statues we're discussing appear to nail everything i mentioned.
I have never even thought about a 1/3 statue as I only collect Hot Toys or 1/4 statue. However a few just made me stop and reconsider. This Fabok, Hush, and Iron Studio Sentinels made me second guess. Already pulled out my wallet for all the sentinels, now I'm happy to add Fabok's batman into my collection.
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:01 PM   #300
Singuy
Frackin!

From FB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1664222075219.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	154044   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1664222079115.jpg