Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-06-2022, 04:06 AM   #1371
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
I agree, 2 pieces a year is way more than enough for me. Money is an issue for sure but mostly finding SPACE is a conundrum by itself!... Not only for the statues, but also for their huge boxes!
lol so many boxes!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 12:52 AM   #1372
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Hey guys

Seems like everyone understands most of the reasons for the delays, which is great. Bit of a bummer people are losing interest but you cant make everyone happy.

I wish we could pump out 3-4 for the "Legends" line a year, and yah, we did put some time and energy into the Skeletor Bust and the Classic He-Man & BC, but those didnt really take up a calendar spot for another "Legends" piece...

The "Legends" line is the most time consuming stuff we produce. We cant just crank these out. The Skeletor bust and the He-Man & BC went a LOT faster just because with Skeletor, we only had to worry about the bust, and we could use that to help expedite the full statue, and He-Man and BC is based on the vintage figures, so its a bit more straight forward...

But things like Hordak, Teela, Mer-Man, and now Trap Jaw... all those pieces take a LONG time to make... they are re-designs, lots of "try this out, oh wait, that doesnt work..." because we have to get these just right... If we dont, and one sells bad, it could be the end of the line. We want this to go on as LONG as possible... we're playing the long game...

And Trap Jaw was easily our longest project in development so far, it took almost a year to get him from design to on the website, even a bit longer... part of that is Gio, the amazing talent behind most of the design and sculpt, has a very demanding full time job and he only has a handful of hours here and there to work on anything. We also went through a major pose change about 75% the way through, which set things back... and we worked in the classic arm at the last second.

We put a lot of time and attention into these, I have a lot of hands-on time with these to make sure they are consistent, that the sculptors (who help design these things) are supported with proper feedback, and so it doesnt look like a bunch of different sculptors worked on these pieces, we want them to feel cohesive.

So, we could go MUCH faster, at the compromise of the quality of the line, which neither Chad nor I are willing to do... but we are picking up steam. Getting some of these going was a long process, and some things we've had in the works for a while and we're able to pick back up where we left off with them to get them going again, so we're gaining time from previous efforts, and we're finding the right artists to help continue to work on these pieces...

End of the day, I wish we could do every character, now, the best we could, and make them all under $400. I want that. But all of that is just impossible. Time is the hardest thing to come by, same with talent that we trust with this line... because we feel this is the best line available for any collector and we dont want to compromise that. I might be biased tho...

But yah, quality > quantity. Thats our approach.
I wouldn't really worry too much, the few on here complaining dont represent the majority that loves the MOTU line. Keep producing great stuff.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:45 AM   #1373
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Hey Igo any chance of posting the Power-con panel vid from this year ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:39 PM   #1374
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
I wouldn't really worry too much, the few on here complaining dont represent the majority that loves the MOTU line. Keep producing great stuff.
And what were those complaints that you've read here from those individuals who "don't represent" the MOTU fan majority may I ask?...

Most of what I saw here of those "complaints" were about the high price and the lack of characters in a given year.

Almost everyone in their right mind would probably be worried about the high prices these days which ultimately could drive some people to quit!
Not everyone has unlimited source of income, and not everyone is patient enough to wait for their favorite characters to be made before losing interest, while keeping in mind that this hobby has a very niche fan base.
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:35 AM   #1375
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
Know your stuff before you make comments like this. I have and will always be a MOTU fan.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:36 AM   #1376
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
And what were those complaints that you've read here from those individuals who "don't represent" the MOTU fan majority may I ask?...

Most of what I saw here of those "complaints" were about the high price and the lack of characters in a given year.

Almost everyone in their right mind would probably be worried about the high prices these days which ultimately could drive some people to quit!
Not everyone has unlimited source of income, and not everyone is patient enough to wait for their favorite characters to be made before losing interest, while keeping in mind that this hobby has a very niche fan base.
Exactly, what he said.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:53 AM   #1377
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Hey Igo any chance of posting the Power-con panel vid from this year ?
Power-Con will post this at some time probably on their YouTube channel.

They already posted a short Power-Con 2022 recap video at least: https://youtu.be/yki78oYQ-58
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 03:32 PM   #1378
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So excited today! After looking for this guy for a reasonable price for almost a year (eBay prices are ridiculous), I FINALLY found him for a great price - and it was a BNIB, sealed EX!

While I'm disappointed they altered his EX arm position, overall he is absolutely incredible. Probably one of my favorites in the line! Also, super impressed that the base paints match almost perfectly, even after these two pieces were released years apart.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #1379
Thor57
Teen Titans

Grats! I just secured one for $275 too, but haven’t opened yet.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 05:23 PM   #1380
AC_808
Hercules

I'm not buying Orko until we get Man-at-Arms!

...and Sorceress!

...and Evil-Lyn 2.0!

...and yea ...get to it Tweeterhead!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote