Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #161
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Pictures please when you get her, and your opinion on the piece!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:40 PM   #162
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Finally got around to taking pictures of this! Really happy with how it turned out!
More pictures here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...158150&page=62

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:31 AM   #163
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Just unpacked and posted my vid. Some good and bad things about this piece. I think the portrait and body they nailed, the hair looks a bit too think. That base..... just not sold, does look messy and just doesn't make sense for that scene. Would have preferred a nice clean base.
Overall nice to own as I believe this is the first action scene we see Black Widow in the MCU?
I am disappointed it is not numbered or has a edition size, especially for a 1/4 scale piece. I know some collectors don't care about edition sizes but I do, to me it adds to the buzz of collecting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8uDfZ3O51g&t=4s
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:03 PM   #164
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Just unpacked and posted my vid. Some good and bad things about this piece. I think the portrait and body they nailed, the hair looks a bit too think. That base..... just not sold, does look messy and just doesn't make sense for that scene. Would have preferred a nice clean base.
Overall nice to own as I believe this is the first action scene we see Black Widow in the MCU?
I am disappointed it is not numbered or has a edition size, especially for a 1/4 scale piece. I know some collectors don't care about edition sizes but I do, to me it adds to the buzz of collecting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8uDfZ3O51g&t=4s
Wow really its unnumbered!? I thought the 1/4 pieces were numbered. I have some Legacy pieces and I'm pretty sure they are, so wonder why they dropped the numbering on this one.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:53 PM   #165
Singuy
Frackin!

Jumped onto the iron studio train when popcultcha was having a sale. I was contemplating about the queens studio version but to me the likeness and that pose is off. I really hate the chin up pose and made her look like she has a piggy nose. The IS version doesn't disappoint.

Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #166
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Looks nice, great pics. I see what you mean about queen but the body proportions are a lot better so I went with that one. The portrait on IS is beautiful but the shape of the legs look unnatural to me
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #167
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Looks nice, great pics. I see what you mean about queen but the body proportions are a lot better so I went with that one. The portrait on IS is beautiful but the shape of the legs look unnatural to me
Same with me, though admittedly I think this looks really nice.

One of the better IS pieces in terms of likeness imo. I would have been happy with this one too, I'm sure, if I went this way instead. Lots of options, can't go wrong (besides the ever rising prices).
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:55 AM   #168
Markhatestoys
Justice League

The likeness is there, but she looks older than she was in the movie. Not sure why Iron Studios decided to add bags under her eyes. Also the eyes seem a little too high up on her head. Much better pose than the Queen Studios versions though.

Queen Studios versions look too young, this one looks too old. Still waiting on a perfect Black Widow to pick up.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:40 AM   #169
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
The likeness is there, but she looks older than she was in the movie. Not sure why Iron Studios decided to add bags under her eyes. Also the eyes seem a little too high up on her head. Much better pose than the Queen Studios versions though.

Queen Studios versions look too young, this one looks too old. Still waiting on a perfect Black Widow to pick up.
I suggest getting the Gentle Giant one, and having it professionally repainted.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 06:24 AM   #170
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post

She's been burning the candle at both ends! Never really thought she looks too old but I see what you mean. In some pics the sculpt looks really good, though. I just couldn't get on board with the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I suggest getting the Gentle Giant one, and having it professionally repainted.
I'm very happy with mine just painted from the factory! Excellent likeness. Aside from the one with the rooted hair, are there any other repaints of it?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote