Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-19-2022, 12:10 AM   #641
Conehead
Luke Cage

I can still see the seam….it’s there. lightning plays a major effect on its noticeability and how various collectors choose to light their displays will have a impact on that .Have a feeling some will be ok with it and some won’t be able to unsee it.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:20 PM   #642
Freezi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

No video reviews yet?
Freezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:25 AM   #643
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
I finally unboxed this statue and I think it is getting an unjust bad rap. This Venom is Massive, Solid, and Heavy. It is just as big or bigger than the Prime 1 statues that I have, and those cost $1500 instead of the $650 on this Venom. This Venom has enormous presence, any casual person walking in would immediately love it. I showed my family and they thought it was one of the best statues in my 30-40 statue collection. I think it is definitely worth the $650 for the size and details offered.
Actually compared with other companies I think this Venom is underpriced. Even a basic small Star Wars premium format statue with 1/10 the details of this Venom is now $550.

I believe only die hard collectors would notice a problem with the seam, and even then it is buried so far in Venoms details it is one of the last things I look at when I see the statue as a whole. I had to put my camera right next to it and zoom in to take a good picture of the seam. There are about 100 other things your eyes look at when looking at the statue. My seam was actually pretty close and much better than another I saw in this thread so maybe it is case by case. To be honest I do not even notice it.

Overal Presence and Pose: A+
Price Value: B+
Paint App Face: A
Paint App Body: C
Base Details: A+
Base Paint App: A

For the arm Seam I will drop a half a mark, also his foot did not go all the way down in the hole.

All said and done i would rate the statue: B+

And that is from a die hard collector. Anyone else just walking in the room, their floor will drop in amazement with this piece.

Man, Venom is looking like a magnificent menacing beast! Size, detailing, and that 'flowing" pose are brilliant. Dreamland, your pics have kept the dream alive. Congrats on a great buy!

P.S. Curious, but has your overall impressions of the statue actually improved/grown, now that you've had the time to properly review all aspects of the work?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:26 AM   #644
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I've seen a lot of pics of this and it looks very plasticky to me.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:27 PM   #645
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I've seen a lot of pics of this and it looks very plasticky to me.
Can you post the images or links here? I'm having trouble finding much online.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:38 PM   #646
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Can you post the images or links here? I'm having trouble finding much online.
I've seen them posted all over the various statue groups on Facebook. Here's one posted recently from the Let Your Statue Sideshow group.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:11 PM   #647
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I've seen them posted all over the various statue groups on Facebook. Here's one posted recently from the Let Your Statue Sideshow group.
Thanks. I don't use FB so haven't seen many production pics other than what's been posted on SF.

It does look plasticky in that photo, but afaik it *is* polystone so perhaps IRL it looks better.

I also note that the green glow on Venom's legs is far less pronounced in this photo vs the one we all complained about here.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:17 PM   #648
Freezi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The seam line at the neck is pure horror. It looks like it doesn't fit together seamlessly at all.
Freezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:29 PM   #649
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Man, Venom is looking like a magnificent menacing beast! Size, detailing, and that 'flowing" pose are brilliant. Dreamland, your pics have kept the dream alive. Congrats on a great buy!

P.S. Curious, but has your overall impressions of the statue actually improved/grown, now that you've had the time to properly review all aspects of the work?
Hi thanks for the kind words. I still stand by my review and I am really happy with the purchase. The neck seam does not bother me one bit. The piece is massive, solid, with lots going on. Pairs really well with the Carnage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3FB19977-DBB6-4E65-8D80-155E18377C8A.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	154046   Click image for larger version

Name:	9143FAAE-BF30-4B94-92E7-F975EDBF7733.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	154047  
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:44 PM   #650
RetroRules
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
Hi thanks for the kind words. I still stand by my review and I am really happy with the purchase. The neck seam does not bother me one bit. The piece is massive, solid, with lots going on. Pairs really well with the Carnage.
Is Venom heavy/hollow. I'm assuming the base is solid.
RetroRules is offline   Reply With Quote