Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-23-2022, 12:37 PM   #131
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I was VERY surprised to see April in the case. Looked really good!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:26 PM   #132
White Wolf
Fantastic Four

I think shredder looks fantastic but Casey Jones might be the standout
White Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:40 AM   #133
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Uh, ok...so they're back to being in color? That's how I want the exclusives to look. They're colorized, but muted.

Why would they show them anyway? Aren't they sold out by now? Only 100 of each.
Good question. I like the paint job on them here though. Because they still mix in well with the other characters this way, not too dark. At this point I’m not sure what we’re getting.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:50 PM   #134
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Some official promo pics up of Shredder who is now up to pre-order.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:18 PM   #135
Sandman585
Hydra

Are the comics exclusive versions sold out for sure? 100 seems like such a low number. Just found out about these and would like to have gotten them.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:46 PM   #136
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

I really want to like Shredder but his head just looks too small and squished down.
sith_apprentice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:24 PM   #137
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Still super torn on this line Oo

Initially I figured to skip these, since I did not really love the design for the brothers and I already have other TMNT pieces on PO, the PCS Last Ronin Supreme Ed. and Raph from Fariboles, both of which look absolutely stellar in my book and the latter being ony the start to a whole new line of IDW-based designs (my fav TMNT incarnation yet bar none!) according to Mateus Santolouco.

The flipside though is that I love that Casey Jones and don't see him getting much competition statue-wise anytime soon. I also at least like the looks of Shredder and April, who will alsp probably not see much competition if the past is anything to go by. Hence I feel like definitely getting Casey and April, but then I woud also probably want the other ones to go with, as I am not loving the idea of displaying them without much to go with in size and more importantly style.

My current favourite TMNT pieces, the Good Smile James Jean designs, are probably around 1/10 as well, but stylistically they definitely won't mesh at all.

I mean I don't hate the designs of brothers, it's just way too close to Sideshows Paolo-Rivera'esque take from a while back and also really similar to the new PCS Raph: too buff and the faces a tad too reptilian and not quite anthropomorphized enough, if that make sense. Mikey with his big smiles is actually the one I liked most - and not just because he is my boy :-)

I'd really love to know what other characters Iron Studios has up their sleeves. Obviously, I'd love a Splinter and I figure there is a decent shot of that. But what about a Karai, Leatherhead or Slash? Those would be must haves for sure, as I can really see those working rather well in this style and they also be without any competition in the statue segment.

Decisions, decisions ... ^^
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:37 AM   #138
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Bebop and Rocksteady are a given I would assume. They are normally hand in hand in releases as some of the first characters. Splinter like you said for sure. I would also think we get a Krang at some point.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:59 PM   #139
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Bebop and Rocksteady are a given I would assume. They are normally hand in hand in releases as some of the first characters. Splinter like you said for sure. I would also think we get a Krang at some point.
Oh yeah, agreed on that. I just did not mention Bepop and Rocksteady since I am actually not their biggest fan to be honest. Also, as you say, we already have had statue incarnations for both in the past, while plenty of other characters - not as well known ones albeit - are still waiting for their shot :-)
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:33 AM   #140
Peedi
The Secret Six

I’m curious where this will go as well.

Like said, Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang are likely.

This line seems to be mixed influenced, it’s a kinda realistic style but they’re using the classic cartoon costumes and colors, but updated.

It’d be interesting if they do Baxter (Fly or Cyborg?), Foot Soldier/Ninjas (humans or purple robots), Karai…will they deep dive into Rat King, Leatherhead, Super Shredder, pre Splinter Hamato Yoshi, Jennika? X-Men is going the mile but I don’t know if extended TMNT characters can be sustainable like Mojo, Albert, Sauron, etc are for X-Men.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote