Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #61
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
They need to get rid of Kathleen Kennedy as she is pretty much running the show and direction of this franchise.
This statement is completely way off base. Look at her producing credits and she certainly has earned her way to the top. I share the sentiments of others here who say she's perfectly capable of running the show.

Quote:
if TFA didn't have Harrison Ford in it, it would of been a disaster of a movie.
Really? A disaster? Wow. Well, Ford definitely brings gravitas to any role he's in and TFA was no different. There were plenty of strong elements that made TFA a decent hit in my book.

If Abrams can repeat the same formula, I think all parties will be happy.

Here's hoping he expands on ideas and goes in new directions in the process.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #62
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It actually is a surprise because starting with Han Solo the SW films were supposed to move away from the Holiday season going and back to it's more traditional Summer spot in May as not to compete with the upcoming Avatar films which Disney has a vested interest in.
This is rather unprecedented to see different studios working together as to not overlap same release dates.

The Avatar theme park really has influenced that in so many ways.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #63
junta
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post

I may/might be a party of one, but I'm hoping that he doesn't use the same "formula". I didn't like TFA, at all.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #64
Python
Omega Red

the cast has been revealed. And includes MH....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/41...unced#/slide/1

Also, no CGI Leia! She will feature using previously unseen footage. This is very good news...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:01 PM   #65
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I’ll never understand why we didn’t get at least one scene with Luke, Han, and Leia “together again”. All those years of waiting....awful. TFA was ok but could have been epic. Last Jedi...lol, just terrible...no idea how they approved Rian’s actions. Hamill was right when he said he disagreed with it.

At least Lando is coming back.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:29 PM   #66
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
This statement is completely way off base. Look at her producing credits and she certainly has earned her way to the top. I share the sentiments of others here who say she's perfectly capable of running the show.

Really? A disaster? Wow. Well, Ford definitely brings gravitas to any role he's in and TFA was no different. There were plenty of strong elements that made TFA a decent hit in my book.

Kennedy has ridden the coattails of Spielberg and Lucas, everyone looks good when they're calling the shots... All she's done is fire directors left and right and then created a big rift with fans of Star Wars... yeah she's doing great

As for TFA, the only exciting part of the movie was seeing Han and Chewie again... without them it would of been a dud of a movie..

Seriously you have Rey mopping about her parents leaving her on a planet and you have Kylo who's all Emo about his parents... Sorry but the new characters pale quite a bit in comparison to the original characters from the first 3 movies... They even pale in comparison to the prequels and I thought those characters were cardboard cutouts the way they did the dialogue. Without Ford TFA would of bombed IMO...

You never know what your going to get from Abrams, sometimes he's a genius and other times your like WTF was he thinking.... LOST anyone?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #67
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Kennedy has ridden the coattails of Spielberg and Lucas, everyone looks good when they're calling the shots... All she's done is fire directors left and right and then created a big rift with fans of Star Wars... yeah she's doing great

As for TFA, the only exciting part of the movie was seeing Han and Chewie again... without them it would of been a dud of a movie..

Seriously you have Rey mopping about her parents leaving her on a planet and you have Kylo who's all Emo about his parents... Sorry but the new characters pale quite a bit in comparison to the original characters from the first 3 movies... Then even pale in comparison to the prequels and I thought those characters were cardboard cutouts the way they did the dialogue. Without Ford TFA would of bombed IMO...

You never know what your going to get from Abrams, sometimes he's a genius and other times your like WTF was he thinking.... LOST anyone?
For the Force Awakens it was impossible for people to separate their desperation for a Star Wars movie from the actual movie.
All they had to do was not turn in another Phantom Menace that makes people cringe when they watch it.

Not so with Solo...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:02 AM   #68
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

it really seems like they are trying to do damage control with episode 9, lots of things im hearing so far sound like good decisions that should make fans happy. Im still willing to give episode 9 a chance even after TLJ made me nearly quit being a star wars fan it was so bad lol

positive things im hearing:
-lando back
-luke back (force ghost?)
-princess leia back with unseen footage
-rumour that Richard E Grant is playing Thrawn (this is the most exciting news to me, he would be a great Thrawn)
-rumour that Keri Russell is playing Mara Jade
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:25 AM   #69
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
it really seems like they are trying to do damage control with episode 9, lots of things im hearing so far sound like good decisions that should make fans happy. Im still willing to give episode 9 a chance even after TLJ made me nearly quit being a star wars fan it was so bad lol

positive things im hearing:
-lando back
-luke back (force ghost?)
-princess leia back with unseen footage
-rumour that Richard E Grant is playing Thrawn (this is the most exciting news to me, he would be a great Thrawn)
-rumour that Keri Russell is playing Mara Jade
Hope that the new trilogy fans enjoy episode IX. I’m sitting the last movie out though. All the stuff you have listed is fine and everything, but if it is really them trying to win some fans back, it’s a day late and a dollar short. Just IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #70
SONICobra
Batman

i just hope they get the tone right... say what you will about the prequels but at least they did that, they felt like star wars movies. clone wars, rogue one are other great examples, so happy clone wars is returning
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote