Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #21
grphyx1
Kingpin

HA! I stand corrected. Here I was thinking this woman sculpts some mean female anatomy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
haha ya I'm a dude. yeah that's me with the sculpt of the chick. Cipriano sculpted the monster..
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:34 PM   #22
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
Really don't mean to hijack the conversation but I was wondering if anyone knows which Frazetta has the license rights to 'THE DESTROYER' ?
Ok here is my understanding of that kind of thing. When an agreement was finally reached among the Frazetta children they set aside rights to what they called the "masters collection" of about 12 well known paintings that I know includes DD on a horse, Barbarian, Dark Kingdom, Silver Warrior, Cat Woman, Snow Giants,and some others. I think Destroyer was in that group. The originals were divided among the kids just like the non-masters series but that even the kids that don't own a particular master painting could still produce things associated with it. I know that the original Destroyer was sold to Hemmitt but I think it is still in the domain that any of the kids can produce it.

For those paintings not included in this group of I think 12 or so, each kid that has that painting has the rights to it. For example I know Heidi has Swamp Demon, 7 Romans and some others. Holly has Dark Kingdom for sure and some others and may open a museum with Robert Rodriguez in Austin Tx at some point. Frank Jr has the ones at the old museum in East Strousberg including Silver Warrior and Cat Woman.

I think the biggest problem with producing Destroyer would be size (even at 1/6) and cost of Conan and as many as 10 other figures, even if you cut it to 6 which would be as far as I think you would want to go you would be looking at a huge and expensive piece. Personally I think both this and Silver Warrior should be produced in the ReelArt scale. We already have some greats in that scale and it would make these realistically affordable and displayable while also allowing the producer to sell enough to make a profit.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:40 PM   #23
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think Ehren is a woman. as in Erin. otherwise known on here as Retardist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
That's Ehren Bienert (Retardist) holding the sculpt on the first page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I thought that was tony cipriano?
No it is Tony cipriano that is a woman, from his FB page

Old 08-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #24
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I kid of course. This is Tony C from an old photo

Old 08-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #25
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
No it is Tony cipriano that is a woman, from his FB page

My eyes!
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #26
Valkyrie

Quote:
I think the biggest problem with producing Destroyer would be size (even at 1/6) and cost of Conan and as many as 10 other figures, even if you cut it to 6 which would be as far as I think you would want to go you would be looking at a huge and expensive piece. Personally I think both this and Silver Warrior should be produced in the ReelArt scale. We already have some greats in that scale and it would make these realistically affordable and displayable while also allowing the producer to sell enough to make a profit.
Good points about the inherent cost and space requirements to produce such a piece. As much as I'd like to see it happen, there would have to be too many compromises made to keep it affordable and "display friendly" at ARH's preferred scales.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #27
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Good points about the inherent cost and space requirements to produce such a piece. As much as I'd like to see it happen, there would have to be too many compromises made to keep it affordable and "display friendly" at ARH's preferred scales.
I would hate to see "just" the Conan from Destoryer done just so it could be 1/4 scale. I absolutely loved CS Moore's Frazetta work but I think he should have gone all out and put a few guys around the Conqueror statue. Just suspended in "smoke" with that expression and contorted horse with no warriors around to give it context looks odd unless displayed right in front of the painting.

Tony Cipriano has a Silver Warrior already done in ReelArt scale that he said he would sell to me. I might still buy it but original art is an expensive thing. Even at 1/8-1/9 it is over 2' long.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #28
Valkyrie

Quote:
I would hate to see "just" the Conan from Destoryer done just so it could be 1/4 scale. I absolutely loved CS Moore's Frazetta work but I think he should have gone all out and put a few guys around the Conqueror statue. Just suspended in "smoke" with that expression and contorted horse with no warriors around to give it context looks odd unless displayed right in front of the painting.

Tony Cipriano has a Silver Warrior already done in ReelArt scale that he said he would sell to me. I might still buy it but original art is an expensive thing. Even at 1/8-1/9 it is over 2' long.
That's pretty cool. I haven't looked into ReelArt before but I'll check them out.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #29
Barbarian
Jedi Order

I'm feelin' the Frazetta in the bod, but not really much in the face. Looks damn good so far tho.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #30
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I'm feelin' the Frazetta in the bod, but not really much in the face. Looks damn good so far tho.
I think the 3D piece Ehren is holding looks perfect all around but the digital pics, yeah the face seems off. I am in for this and other Frazetta stand alone women. As I posted on the other forum I think a line within a line stands on its own and its not likee the Frazetta female look isn't a recognized thing. All of the extra environment, monsters, animals, etc. never did much for me but this sculpt is amazing.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote