Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #621
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
Any photos ? Links?
http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/en/sagat-13-ex-copy

So I guess the victory one will be the laughing face and crossed arms in victory pose and possible different shorts and no scar? I believe that's supposed to have two torsos as well though.

And if I'm recalling correctly the evolution set with be emperor + victory + 1 set of guardians.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #622
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sagat is an absolute beast. The shorts being too tight is my only criticism. Jerry nailed this one to the wall. And then drop kicked it.

Looking forward to third reveal. Hope it includes a laughing headsculpt.
archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #623
Sanitarium84
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Kudos to the Master Jerry! Absolutely loving this for its size and details but perhaps i'm nitpicking abit.. maybe more definition to his legs could be done?

Day 1 PO for me.. just cant decide which version. Please dont make me order two versions like what i did with the Ultimate 1/4 Akuma & Shin lol
Sanitarium84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #624
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Came across this sagat video from the show.

https://youtu.be/6cQWEzvRGPg
Thanks for posting video.

Looks like painted teeth. Curious why they are not going with acrylic....
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #625
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Hi Everyone.

Glad you are digging Sagat.

I saw someone ask why the legs arent as ripped as the torso. I had posted my view on FB yesterday so here is a copy/paste

One of my problems with so many of todays muscular statue anatomy is that the characters all have the same body. Little thought is put into the characters powers and lifestyle and how that will reflect on his anatomy.

For Sagat I wanted to show that lean but muscular lower body in contrast to his massively built top half. in addition, his pose dictates which muscles are flexed and which arent. You can see his legs are not as ripped as his torso and arms, thats intentional and its because he has no reason to be flexing/tensing his legs in this stance.

Too often I look at a sculpture and the charcter looks flat because he is evenly 'ripped' all over. That bothers me. It just ends up looking like a 'skinned man' When i do these sculptures Im trying to get into the head of the character, not just make a cool bodybuilder guy.

Wait until you see the Victory version...I think it may be a surprise !
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #626
Famiman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sick statue.

Those cracked lion statues are a really nice touch.
Famiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #627
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/en/sagat-13-ex-copy

So I guess the victory one will be the laughing face and crossed arms in victory pose and possible different shorts and no scar? I believe that's supposed to have two torsos as well though.

And if I'm recalling correctly the evolution set with be emperor + victory + 1 set of guardians.
Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed for different scar and no shorts.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #628
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed for different scar and no shorts.
pretty sure red ant told me one of them was no scar, don't think there would be a different scar >< either same one or no scar like original sf
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #629
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
red ant actually mentioned something like this coming up but refrenced this photo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Sf4-sagat.jpg which it's based off of, seems pretty accurate ;p

I just think they should be baggier, if he tried doing the splits they'd tear halfway through :P

If you think it's too high it's MM, I'm sure you could pull them down a little if you want ;p
As long as they aren't glued.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #630
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Hi Everyone.

Glad you are digging Sagat.

I saw someone ask why the legs arent as ripped as the torso. I had posted my view on FB yesterday so here is a copy/paste

One of my problems with so many of todays muscular statue anatomy is that the characters all have the same body. Little thought is put into the characters powers and lifestyle and how that will reflect on his anatomy.

For Sagat I wanted to show that lean but muscular lower body in contrast to his massively built top half. in addition, his pose dictates which muscles are flexed and which arent. You can see his legs are not as ripped as his torso and arms, thats intentional and its because he has no reason to be flexing/tensing his legs in this stance.

Too often I look at a sculpture and the charcter looks flat because he is evenly 'ripped' all over. That bothers me. It just ends up looking like a 'skinned man' When i do these sculptures Im trying to get into the head of the character, not just make a cool bodybuilder guy.

Wait until you see the Victory version...I think it may be a surprise !
Likes or preferences aside you have worked hard to create something to be proud of.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote