Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #501
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Also, take note that it’s $100 less for the REGULAR version. A quick search on eBay of recently completed items lists 5 EX versions — the cheapest sold for $272, the most expensive for $340, one sold for $307 and other 2 sold for $300 apiece.

I am however rethinking whether I should wait or buy those without EX pieces. Don’t really care much for art proofs or other non-statue extras, like say with Donna Troy, Catwoman and Robin. With those am sorta regretting ordering direct from Tweeterhead. I just snagged me the original Lynda Carter statue for $192. Though it was the “regular” version, the “EX” version came only with a foil certificate and numbered statue, hardly an exclusive really.
Part of my thinking is pre-ordering pieces directly is a thank you to Tweeterhead for taking a big chance and giving us great value. Given the way the market is going I think getting these at under $300 is among the best deals in new statues right now.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #502
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I’ve always felt if you are getting a statue to eventually sell it for a profit, then why get it in the first place. It’s nice when it’s worth more then you pay, but the way they are getting pumped out today the chances of that happening are super slim. However I do feel that this is the ground floor for the Super Powers line. It’s jist starting up and things are just starting to take off. Just because Supergirl today sells for less then retail doesn’t mean that in two years when the line is deeper and more people start collecting that she’s still going to sell for under retail.

Like Augen I get mine direct from Tweeterhead cause Inwamt tonsupport them more, it’s nice that the EX is limited or comes with something extra even if I don’t need or want it. They are making statues Ive always wanted that no one else will.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #503
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Like Augen I get mine direct from Tweeterhead cause Inwamt tonsupport them more, it’s nice that the EX is limited or comes with something extra even if I don’t need or want it. They are making statues Ive always wanted that no one else will.
Same here. I want this line to continue so I'm going to support it. If everyone decided to not order and wait for discounts then the line would end. It's like the Sideshow DC bust line. A bunch of people waited to order the Green Lantern bust when it was heavily discounted and then they were complaining there weren't more...
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:15 AM   #504
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Same here. I want this line to continue so I'm going to support it. If everyone decided to not order and wait for discounts then the line would end. It's like the Sideshow DC bust line. A bunch of people waited to order the Green Lantern bust when it was heavily discounted and then they were complaining there weren't more...
Yep. I have a firm "put my money where my mouth is" so if I beg for a character I better buy it or cannot be surprised if they never get another shot.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #505
built2shred
Phoenix

It's more about Tweeterhead getting it right and making a statue people want... Supergirl IMO was a miss fire on their part... I have a feeling Dona Troy will be to, from her simple costume that doesn't have much detail to the plain base. Especially when you compare them to Tweeterhead's Joker, Harley, Bud & Lou which are very detailed with great bases..

I just think Tweeterhead has to be careful not to make their statues to plain vanilla. If they do they need to bring those prices down to below $200 instead of the $250 range...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #506
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's more about Tweeterhead getting it right and making a statue people want... Supergirl IMO was a miss fire on their part... I have a feeling Dona Troy will be to, from her simple costume that doesn't have much detail to the plain base. Especially when you compare them to Tweeterhead's Joker, Harley, Bud & Lou which are very detailed with great bases..

I just think Tweeterhead has to be careful not to make their statues to plain vanilla. If they do they need to bring those prices down to below $200 instead of the $250 range
To be fair, Donna Troy is more affordable at $224.99.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #507
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I just think Tweeterhead has to be careful not to make their statues to plain vanilla. If they do they need to bring those prices down to below $200 instead of the $250 range
Donna - $225
Harley - $295

$70 gets you the more detailed base. My guess is they took that risk on a popular character like Harley, and went a bit safer on Donna. It's a difficult decision to make, especially with lesser known characters. I'm grateful we get Donna at all because no one else seems to be giving her a shot at any scale.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #508
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Donna - $225
Harley - $295

$70 gets you the more detailed base. My guess is they took that risk on a popular character like Harley, and went a bit safer on Donna. It's a difficult decision to make, especially with lesser known characters. I'm grateful we get Donna at all because no one else seems to be giving her a shot at any scale.
DC should make a special statue set with Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, and Artemis so that collectors can display Team Amazon together. ES doesn't even have to be their usual 5000. Heck, make it an Amazon.com exclusive.

Paging Joelle Jones...
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #509
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
DC should make a special statue set with Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, and Artemis so that collectors can display Team Amazon together.

Paging Joelle Jones...
I'd buy that with day one with no regard of what it may cost down the road.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #510
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd buy that with day one with no regard of what it may cost down the road.
I found you on the Internet.

Spoiler

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote