Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 06-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #51
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Rogue I found on this site Monstersinmotion which appears to be in California, but I've never used them. They also have Beast.

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...s-p-27342.html
Rogue is on the website but it is actually sold out. They cancelled my order. Guess I have to rely on the waitlist.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:41 PM   #52
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I just received a text alert from Iron Studios called “new in stock alert” that specifically lists X-Men Sabretooth, among others, but of course you click the link and it takes you to the item page where it’s still a pre-order lol. So who knows. Sideshow still shows pre-order as well. But should be soon.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #53
chunkster702

Finally got Rogue. Very happy with her!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210622_155701.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	140697   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210622_155642.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	140698   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210622_155551.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	140699  
Old 06-22-2021, 07:28 PM   #54
chunkster702

Sentinel head is heavy and Beast has some weight as well. I think hes a fantastic piece!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210622_161928.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	140700   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210622_161942.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	140701   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210622_162013.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	140702  
Old 06-23-2021, 08:55 AM   #55
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Those look great Chunkster. Besides Rogues face which I'm not a fan of. I know she looks a little better in person since I have it on the Sentinel Dio 1, but not too much better. Where did you end up ordering them from I know you were looking at one point?

Also, for those interested, Sabretooth is FINALLY in stock at Sideshow. That's what I've been waiting on to place an order so excited for that. Finally a new non Sentinel figure to add to the collection.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #56
chunkster702

Sorry for sideways pics. Yes. Weird but Rogue looks better in person. Spec Fiction ended up getting her in and I jumped on it.

So far I got Prof X, Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Beast.

I want Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Psylocke and Storm and I think I'm done. No villains, just heroes.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:39 PM   #57
Legionnaire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hooked on X-Men BDS

Hello, everyone! I am an old time Statue Forum guy who hasn't actually accessed the site since 2009, when I got away from the hobby. When I learned about the Iron Studios X-Men BDS series, I started buying statues again and I'm hooked, so I'm back!-

I am loving the Iron Studios X-Men line so much. I've been an avid comic book collector for years but these statues are reminiscent of the 90's animated series, which I've always felt was so very well done.-

So far I have acquired Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Mystique, Pyro, Colossus and now Sabretooth as of this week.-

When I first discovered this series in February, I was amazed at the large Sentinel pieces but, realistically, I asked myself where the heck I would display something that big, so I knew I wasn't going to go that route.- By this time I had already-missed several key pieces such as Professor X, Cable and Mystique (I later found Mystique on eBay). But once I got my first statue, Wolverine, I was hooked!- -

I got Cyclops directly from Iron Studios, Wolverine and Rogue from Zavvi, and Beast from Speculative Fiction. Mystique came from eBay.- Then Colossus and Gambit became available and I ordered those from Iron Studios. When I did that, I accidently clicked 2 for the quantity of Colossus. As soon as I realized what I did, I reached out and they made the change to the order (1 Colossus, 1 Gambit). However, my order never left the "Processing" status and stayed there for weeks. When I noticed Gambit had sold out, I reached out to them and they told me they could only send me Colossus and not Gambit and admitted their oversight of keeping the order in limbo for so long, but they did give me some rewards points for the inconvenience. I managed to get Gambit through Sideshow for a little bit more money.--

So I learned my lesson from the Gambit situation and did a whole bunch of pre-orders for the ones I absolutely wanted.-I'm enjoying these so much and I do hope they end up releasing characters like Jubilee and Kitty Pryde, who are part of the larger Sentinel sets but don't seem to have individual statues.-

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the notification that Sabretooth was coming soon, and he arrived yesterday. I love the base and the face is nicer than I thought it would be from the pics. Now the only decision is to display him with Pyro and Mystique or facing off against Wolverine!-

Glad to be back on the forum!-

Also, does anyone have any info on Juggernaut? He doesn't seem to be available for pre-order.
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:48 PM   #58
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Hello, everyone! I am an old time Statue Forum guy who hasn't actually accessed the site since 2009, when I got away from the hobby. When I learned about the Iron Studios X-Men BDS series, I started buying statues again and I'm hooked, so I'm back!-

I am loving the Iron Studios X-Men line so much. I've been an avid comic book collector for years but these statues are reminiscent of the 90's animated series, which I've always felt was so very well done.-

So far I have acquired Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Mystique, Pyro, Colossus and now Sabretooth as of this week.-

When I first discovered this series in February, I was amazed at the large Sentinel pieces but, realistically, I asked myself where the heck I would display something that big, so I knew I wasn't going to go that route.- By this time I had already-missed several key pieces such as Professor X, Cable and Mystique (I later found Mystique on eBay). But once I got my first statue, Wolverine, I was hooked!- -

I got Cyclops directly from Iron Studios, Wolverine and Rogue from Zavvi, and Beast from Speculative Fiction. Mystique came from eBay.- Then Colossus and Gambit became available and I ordered those from Iron Studios. When I did that, I accidently clicked 2 for the quantity of Colossus. As soon as I realized what I did, I reached out and they made the change to the order (1 Colossus, 1 Gambit). However, my order never left the "Processing" status and stayed there for weeks. When I noticed Gambit had sold out, I reached out to them and they told me they could only send me Colossus and not Gambit and admitted their oversight of keeping the order in limbo for so long, but they did give me some rewards points for the inconvenience. I managed to get Gambit through Sideshow for a little bit more money.--

So I learned my lesson from the Gambit situation and did a whole bunch of pre-orders for the ones I absolutely wanted.-I'm enjoying these so much and I do hope they end up releasing characters like Jubilee and Kitty Pryde, who are part of the larger Sentinel sets but don't seem to have individual statues.-

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the notification that Sabretooth was coming soon, and he arrived yesterday. I love the base and the face is nicer than I thought it would be from the pics. Now the only decision is to display him with Pyro and Mystique or facing off against Wolverine!-

Also, does anyone have any info on Juggernaut? He doesn't seem to be available for pre-order.
Juggernaut is an event exclusive, which means that IS only sells him during events like CCXP. Last year they put their events exclusives for sale during SDCC too, so I guess he probably will be up for order at Sideshow when SDCC starts.

And welcome back to the forum
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:24 AM   #59
chunkster702

Cool Legionaire, I missed out on Mystique because I slept on the line at first. Gambit is now sold out most everywhere.

I said I didnt want villains but that Juggernaut is very tempting.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:05 AM   #60
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post

Welcome back.

I expect Sideshow to have Juggernaut in July. That's when they have been putting up the CCXP exclusives for PO the past few years.

I bought him from overseas during a sale and ended up paying $300 total(after shipping and PayPal currency conversion fee).

He's great btw. I only wish the skin on his arms was painted with the same level of detail they used for 1/10 Bane. It's kind of plain with some light freckling. No complaints on the costume, helmet or face though. Assembling the base is a little more complex than it should be but once it's together the bursting door effect is amazing.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote