Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-03-2020, 08:46 AM   #421
SONICobra
Batman

Id really like to see this next to some remium formats, i might just pick it up after all if it fits in with 1/4 scale pieces
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #422
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I hope you realize that your photo contradicts your previous comment. Of course P1 Ivy is underscaled, and that was probably not noticed in shows before, because she was displayed with others 1/3, and not with 1/4 statues.
Honestly, I wouldn't care about the underscale issue, my problem is something different, as said in a previous comment.
Prime 1 Poison Ivy is supposed to be 1/3 scale and fit in with the rest of the Hush line.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #423
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Prime 1 Poison Ivy is supposed to be 1/3 scale and fit in with the rest of the Hush line.
In short, the simplest will be that an owner of this statue measures the height of the head, then multiplies by 3, 3.5 and by 4. The result closest to the size of a real human head will give us the scale.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #424
ukshaun
Hercules

By the looks of things, Prime 1 Poison Ivy is 1/3 scale. Compared to Prime 1 Catwoman, she is slightly smaller.

I similar thing happened with Sideshow. Compare 1/4 Rogue to 1/4 X-23, and X-23 head sculpt looks like 1/5th scale.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #425
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
For the past year, nearly everyone should have known that this Poison Ivy piece did not scale well with the Hush Superman and Batman pieces, ever since they were shown side by side by Susan from Sideshow. But many of us thought that was simply because the Bats and Supes were overscaled to begin with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50605FDC-5239-4DD8-BFB2-F5D27513F1EC.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	131410
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #426
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
No way. My guess is, his hand is holding the 1/4 Catwoman portrait closer to the camera. If he isn't, then that 1/3 Poison Ivy is closer to 1/4 scale, which i cannot believe. Besides, the Prime 1 Hush Ivy has appeared at shows, and no one has mention the piece being under scaled.
As I’ve been mentioning, no one at all said anything about the Batman Who Laughs piece being small, and that has been out in collectors hands for months now, and that piece is nearly as small as the Arkham Knight Joker and everyone recognises that as underscaled (for a Prime 1 piece).

Quote:

Prime 1 - Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) 1/3 scale
Sideshow - Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) 1/4 scale

I quick scale comparison shot. Portrait next to portrait.
Just remember that the Selina Kyle piece is again one of Prime 1’s overscaled pieces, just like most of their JL pieces or Hush Bats and Supes.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #427
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
For the past year, nearly everyone should have known that this Poison Ivy piece did not scale well with the Hush Superman and Batman pieces, ever since they were shown side by side by Susan from Sideshow. But many of us thought that was simply because the Bats and Supes were overscaled to begin with.

Attachment 131410
I find it odd, given these characters form part of the same line and exist in 3D on a computer, yet they cannot get the scale's to tally up?

3D modelling software usually contains a measure tape option. To get the pieces to tally up, it would make sense to use the size of the portrait as a guide as to how the pieces align size wise
Old 07-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #428
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I find it odd, given these characters form part of the same line and exist in 3D on a computer, yet they cannot get the scale's to tally up?

3D modelling software usually contains a measure tape option. To get the pieces to tally up, it would make sense to use the size of the portrait as a guide as to how the pieces align size wise
You would think so.

But they also stuffed up the scale of their 1/3 JL Superman and to a slightly lesser extent their Aquaman too. The other 4 pieces in the line are noticeably bigger.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #429
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
You would think so.

But they also stuffed up the scale of their 1/3 JL Superman and to a slightly lesser extent their Aquaman too. The other 4 pieces in the line are noticeably bigger.
I wonder if Poison Ivy's base had an effect on piece size?
Maybe P1 figured out if they made Poison Ivy match up with Batman, then her base would be too large or push up the price, either of which might put collectors off?
Old 07-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #430
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

I’m new to the statue collecting world, but people here seem to be nit picking too much. So it’s a few inches shorter or taller, who gives a crap? It’s a beautiful statue, just be happy we are getting this piece of art.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote