Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #201
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'm actually not sure what we are comparing to Kratos with that one? He's pretty glossy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
No you cant. Compare 1:4 to 1:4. THere is a huge difference between the 2.
my point was the people that had the skill to paint those two statues I'm sure could match the paint quality on the kratos proto. So scale is irrelevant.

SDguy you asked the question could the paint be matched on a production piece and the answer is yes but I doubt for the retail price they are asking for it.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:01 AM   #202
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Gaming heads "slightly edited" their pictures so we shouldnt expect proto quality. If this is false advertisement or not I will leave in the middle...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:52 AM   #203
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Gaming heads "slightly edited" their pictures so we shouldnt expect proto quality. If this is false advertisement or not I will leave in the middle...
They look the same to me?

http://www.gamingheads.com/kratos-on-throne.html
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #204
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

No I mean those pictures were "slightly edited" from the get-go. This is confirmed by Gaming heads...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #205
SDguy

Quote:
No I mean those pictures were "slightly edited" from the get-go. This is confirmed by Gaming heads...
Oh, I understand what you mean now
Old 06-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #206
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

I'd call it false advertising. In those pics, they're promoting details and quality that may not be in the final product.

This is why I wish these companies would just show us factory samples of the statue from the beginning (without all the photoshop and lighting gimmicks). It can be very misleading to the potential consumer.

Instead, they hide behind the "prototype shown" and "final product may vary" fine print.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #207
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I'd call it false advertising. In those pics, they're promoting details and quality that may not be in the final product.

This is why I wish these companies would just show us factory samples of the statue from the beginning (without all the photoshop and lighting gimmicks). It can be very misleading to the potential consumer.

Instead, they hide behind the "prototype shown" and "final product may vary" fine print.
I agree.... showing impossible to replicate paint jobs doesn't really help anyone.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #208
White Wolf
Fantastic Four

I feel like that's life.

A Big Mac never looks as good as the commercial. Insurance companies rarely take care of you as good as that comforting all-state guy does. Women cover everything up with makeup. And figures and statues don't quite look like the protos. Lol
White Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:34 PM   #209
Falkor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm on the fence with this statue. I've never bought from GH before so I'm not sure what quailty to expect. There may be a chance of Prime 1 getting the GOW license and if they do, those statues will probably crush this based on the Batman I just received.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:52 PM   #210
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I'm on the fence with this statue. I've never bought from GH before so I'm not sure what quailty to expect. There may be a chance of Prime 1 getting the GOW license and if they do, those statues will probably crush this based on the Batman I just received.
I have GH Kratos bust. its a beauty. But if your looking to get the BEST statue of Kratos ever made. Go to sony Playstation gear for it
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote