Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #351
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would definetly like darker colors. Especially on Man-Bat and Joker and Clayface. I would prefer Ivy was human skin.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:05 AM   #352
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
Guys just to tell you that this was a rush paint job and then it had to be shipped to NY all in the space of 3 weeks since STGCC. Bryan confirmed the paint is not final and they will work to make it better.
To be honest i wish XM would stop doing this. It was the same with Wolverine. Show the piece when it's done, they're not doing themselves any favours here.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #353
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
To be honest i wish XM would stop doing this. It was the same with Wolverine. Show the piece when it's done, they're not doing themselves any favours here.
I know what you mean but considering how much it costs to exhibt at NYCC (it's in the 6 figures + all the expenses from Singapore) I understand why they would want to show as much product as possible.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #354
AC_808
Hercules

If only XM would consider making full body sculpts of each character in this piece (1/6 scale, of course) ...same sculpt, same style, but full body sculpts.

That way people that like this piece can buy it. And people that like the characters in separate statues could buy those too. Just thinking out loud ....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #355
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I think I prefer it unpainted. It's become too cartoonish with paint.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #356
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
The dream looks better. Needs a bit more grey.
Agreed. The dream version needs to be greyed up. They should play with the type of resin used on those figures as well, maybe some translucent grey.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #357
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

I'm backing out of this. It's very nice maybe too "nice" but i'm sure the guys that pick this up will love it.

I was hoping for a darker piece. This looks like a party piece. It wouldn't look out of place on top of an elaborate birthday cake.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #358
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
I think this is an issue with the hobby in general really; things are revealed so loooooooong in advance of them actually being finished/released and you just end up with literally years of speculation, back and forth on what people think, how they look, etc. Plus you feel compelled to make purchasing decisions before you even know what you're getting. I personally wish the finished versions would be unveiled 6 months before they ship, but I get that pretty much negates all the payment plan stuff.

Hell this statue will be a great example of it; everyone flips out when it's first unveiled, a lot of those same people change their minds because they don't think much of the initial paint job, and some of those people will inevitably change their minds again 2 or 3 times before it ships due to changes.

I'd rather not know about these things this far in advance, but I get that they're expensive and they're trying to help people plan. And considering how the ordering process currently works I kind of HAVE to know in advance.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #359
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The dream piece looks like a work of art to me. Like a real museum statue. Great job on that piece. It might not be what they were going for but I really like it. Im almost worried about ordering because I don’t want them to look more darker and cloud like, I think they will end up blending together too much with darker greys and Batman once again will be muted like in the colored version.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:55 AM   #360
built2shred
Phoenix

This is what kind of annoys me about some collectors, they will ----- and moan about companies like SS not showing what there doing and not taking any input from collectors on the design of the statue because they basically don't show you anything until it's done and changes can't be made...

Then the same people will ----- and moan that XM shows to much stuff to early and they shouldn't show anything until it's finished and changes can't be made...

Personally I rather they show their work in progress so they can take suggestions from collectors and modify the statue before it releases...

Yeah XM allows a limited number of pre-orders at the conventions for collectors willing to gamble on what the final piece will look like, but the bottom line is XM has not started official pre-orders yet, so anyone ordering early at shows or ordering from 3rd parties is your own fault.... usually when the official pre-order starts the statue is pretty much done, very small tweaks might happen but overall the statue pretty much stays the same.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote