Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #4501
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
Hi gonk,

Thanks for coming in on here and answering our questions. Hope you're staying safe.

Couple Qs --
1. Do you have any idea when we will see Gambit? (or concept art)
2. Any idea when we will see Black Cat Bishoujo sculpt?
3. Any chance of a new Rogue Bishoujo?
4. Any chance of a direct order Comic Con Bishoujo since SDCC will most likely be canceled?

Thanks.
1. I believe the sculpt is approved for our Fine Art Gambit. Prototyping and paint still need to occur.
2. The sculpt is finalized and she's heading to prototyping and paint. We're looking to include a cool, themed base for Ms. Hardy!
3. Too early to say what the next Marvel Bishoujo will be but I certainly would not rule out any possibilities.
4. As a company we are closely monitoring this rapidly developing situation. Once updates become available from event organizers we'll be in a better position to possibly comment.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #4502
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

@Gonk, have you guys ever looked into a Final Fantasy or Mortal Kombat license for your bishoujo line? Both franchises have some amazing female characters that would make killer bishoujo.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #4503
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

So no more Jim Lee DC ArtFX then? Not even Aquaman?

More Marvel ArtFX to come after Carnage?

Give us a Moon Knight and Ghost Rider Koto!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #4504
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
@Gonk, have you guys ever looked into a Final Fantasy or Mortal Kombat license for your bishoujo line? Both franchises have some amazing female characters that would make killer bishoujo.
I've wanted Final Fantasy statues for years but unfortunately due to the fact that Square-Enix has their own official merchandise brand, I don't think they license out their characters to other statue/figure companies. It wouldn't be so bad if Square-Enix put out merchandise that appealed to me but they seem to focus on action figures and lower end trading statues. It's a shame to think about all the amazing Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider (and probably some others that I am not thinking of) statues that could have been released over the years if the license was able to get into the hands of companies like Kotobukiya, Alter, or Good Smile etc...
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #4505
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama View Post
I've wanted Final Fantasy statues for years but unfortunately due to the fact that Square-Enix has their own official merchandise brand, I don't think they license out their characters to other statue/figure companies. It wouldn't be so bad if Square-Enix put out merchandise that appealed to me but they seem to focus on action figures and lower end trading statues. It's a shame to think about all the amazing Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider (and probably some others that I am not thinking of) statues that could have been released over the years if the license was able to get into the hands of companies like Kotobukiya, Alter, or Good Smile etc...
You should check out the three Final Fantasy 7 Remake statues that are up for PO now. They're making Sephiroth, Aerith and Cloud and they're pretty nice looking. I PO'd all three for less than $50 each and they are the size of bishoujos.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #4506
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
You should check out the three Final Fantasy 7 Remake statues that are up for PO now. They're making Sephiroth, Aerith and Cloud and they're pretty nice looking. I PO'd all three for less than $50 each and they are the size of bishoujos.
Oh yeah. Those look pretty good for the price point they are at.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #4507
maoa96
Doh!

Any news for the star wars ARTFX+ line, characters from the prequels like count Dooku?
maoa96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:06 AM   #4508
nousefouraname
Doh!

with the coronavirus situation, do you forsee significant delays on these statues from a manufacturing/distribution perspective?

I have the Anakin and Tie Fighter statues pre-ordered. I'm wondering if June is really feasible.
nousefouraname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:01 AM   #4509
LABound
Justice League

Any chance of a Mortal Kombat bishoujo line?
LABound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #4510
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirawynter View Post
Where have you been?! It was announced in Feb
Apparently have been under a rock! Glad I crawled out for a minute!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote