Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-02-2020, 01:37 AM   #26501
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Coherence 7/10.

A movie done on the cheap in a minimalist fashion like reservoir dogs but just very cool and very well done. A group of people get together to have a party and observe a comet coming close to earth. When it does a split of dimensions intersect and there are several houses and several versions of themselves that interact in very cool ways and has a lot of very cool theoretical physics stuff in it. I liked it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #26502
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Coherence 7/10.

A movie done on the cheap in a minimalist fashion like reservoir dogs but just very cool and very well done. A group of people get together to have a party and observe a comet coming close to earth. When it does a split of dimensions intersect and there are several houses and several versions of themselves that interact in very cool ways and has a lot of very cool theoretical physics stuff in it. I liked it.
I really enjoyed this one too, they did a lot of interesting things with the premise and did a great job with a low budget
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #26503
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

I Am Legend - 7/10

There is a lot to like in this film. Setting and premise are great. Will Smith turns in one of his better performances. Where it stumbles is in the underdevelopment of the Darkseekers. Had they and their relationship with Neville been fleshed out more I think it could’ve had a greater impact.

I would rate this one about the same but of the three versions of the book this is my least favorite. Last man on Earth is my favorite, then Omega Man, then this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I really enjoyed this one too, they did a lot of interesting things with the premise and did a great job with a low budget
I'm glad someone else even saw it. I just happened across it by chance. We generally like most of the same things.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:12 AM   #26504
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I would rate this one about the same but of the three versions of the book this is my least favorite. Last man on Earth is my favorite, then Omega Man, then this one.
I’ll have to check out Last Man on Earth then. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Omega Man but I’d probably rate it about the same as I Am Legend based on what I remember.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #26505
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I’ll have to check out Last Man on Earth then. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Omega Man but I’d probably rate it about the same as I Am Legend based on what I remember.
I feel like Last Man on Earth is more true to the book and I love Vincent Price but it is from 1964 so the effects are of course very dated. You can watch it on Youtube if you can't find it anywhere else.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #26506
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I'm glad someone else even saw it. I just happened across it by chance. We generally like most of the same things.
I reviewed it a few pages back

also you sold me on 13th warrior lol I picked it up a while ago, just been having a hard time finding an opportunity to watch it
Old 04-02-2020, 01:25 PM   #26507
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I feel like Last Man on Earth is more true to the book and I love Vincent Price but it is from 1964 so the effects are of course very dated. You can watch it on Youtube if you can't find it anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I reviewed it a few pages back

also you sold me on 13th warrior lol I picked it up a while ago, just been having a hard time finding an opportunity to watch it
The 13th Warrior is a masterpiece and one of the most criminally underrated films ever. Prepare yourself.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #26508
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Bad Boys for Life 6/10 it is what it is
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #26509
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

The 13th Warrior is a masterpiece and one of the most criminally underrated films ever. Prepare yourself.
I'm very much looking forward to it!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:41 AM   #26510
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Crawl - 7/10

While simplistic in nature Crawl is one very well made film. French Director Alexandre Aja (High Tension) knows how to make you squirm and doesn’t waste time with a lot of unnecessary exposition. Fast paced and direct. One of the most effective suspense/thrillers in recent memory.