Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 08-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #21
KingKong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
The only information that I ever got was from the person that I got it from who confirmed that it was given to him as a gift by someone who was a fund manager for the animation company that made the cartoon.
I spent absolutely ages after I got it trying to find out more information about it but there's not even a manufacturer mark on the statue or the cage - just this...

If you ever see anything about this item during your King Kong exploits then let me know!
Thanks for the info man Wondering why there is so less info about this item

Ahhh... so that was a cage! (i didn't realized it was a cage, i thought you put it insid a box, lol). This collectible is really well made! Definitely wants one if it is still available (but i think the chance is low)

May i know if i can add this item into my upcoming Kong collectible's reviews / introductions? (may need more photos and the size / weight if you don't mind )
KingKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #22
KingKong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Cool collection
Thanks a lot for the kind word man I am still on my journey collecting more and more King Kong statues!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #23
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
Thanks for the info man Wondering why there is so less info about this item

Ahhh... so that was a cage! (i didn't realized it was a cage, i thought you put it insid a box, lol). This collectible is really well made! Definitely wants one if it is still available (but i think the chance is low)

May i know if i can add this item into my upcoming Kong collectible's reviews / introductions? (may need more photos and the size / weight if you don't mind )
Sure you can. The statue is 10" tall and cast in some kind of polystone material and is attached to the 8" diameter wooden base by a metal screw and it weighs 2.2 kg. The wooden cage that it came in is 12" x 12" x 12" and has a front that slides up to let the big fella out.

There are more pics on the thread that I started several years ago when I was seeing if anyone else knew anything about him so feel free to help yourself...

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=110392
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #24
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post

current king kong set up, will place kong bust behind venatouras attack on a little display riser
Really great! Congratulations!
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #25
KingKong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
Sure you can. The statue is 10" tall and cast in some kind of polystone material and is attached to the 8" diameter wooden base by a metal screw and it weighs 2.2 kg. The wooden cage that it came in is 12" x 12" x 12" and has a front that slides up to let the big fella out.

There are more pics on the thread that I started several years ago when I was seeing if anyone else knew anything about him so feel free to help yourself...

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=110392
Thanks again man! This piece is really great and i really mean it! One of the rarest cool King Kong piece i have seen so far Now i just need more time to write a few more review / info articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Freire View Post
Really great! Congratulations!
Indeed Kakarot117 Kong collection looks great! Love Kong
Old 08-10-2015, 02:29 AM   #26
KingKong
Doh!

Hello friends,

I have written another article, this time it is featuring a not for sales Weta statue : Weta V-Rex Statue Full Size Edition. I have included most of the info i could found and put quite some photos. Hope you like it!

Head to : Weta V-Rex Statue / Maquette - Full Size

Old 08-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #27
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

nice article
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote