Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2018, 04:56 PM   #461
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Well I went ahead and ordered the Reaper from Level52. I was on the fence but had heard sales were not outstanding and I was thinking nobody wants Frazetta Stuff more than me and if I want Frazetta Stuff I need to support Frazetta stuff when it's available.

Just curious how many of us who hang out here ordered the Reaper? I know of the following (anyone else who wants to add their name to the list so we have an idea of at least those of us who hang out here.

1. TNovak
2. Marcel54
3. Shedman
4. Friendly Samarai
Good idea, because I am really afraid it will not hit the target.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #462
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Well I went ahead and ordered the Reaper from Level52. I was on the fence but had heard sales were not outstanding and I was thinking nobody wants Frazetta Stuff more than me and if I want Frazetta Stuff I need to support Frazetta stuff when it's available.

Just curious how many of us who hang out here ordered the Reaper? I know of the following (anyone else who wants to add their name to the list so we have an idea of at least those of us who hang out here.

1. TNovak
2. Marcel54
3. Shedman
4. Friendly Samarai
Nobody else? That's depressing. I don't like our chances. Maybe when Catgirl starts arriving and people see it in person that will help, I guess we still have about a month. Come on guys, let's support Frazetta stuff as much as we can.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #463
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I will pass on the Reaper. I won't just blindly buy anything which has the Frazetta stamp on it. And I'm not saying, there is something wrong to support a company which brings Frazetta's art work to life, but my space is limited and I will only aim for statues, which really and totally amaze me.
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #464
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
I will pass on the Reaper. I won't just blindly buy anything which has the Frazetta stamp on it. And I'm not saying, there is something wrong to support a company which brings Frazetta's art work to life, but my space is limited and I will only aim for statues, which really and totally amaze me.
I understand and that is actually pretty much how I felt and don't fault anyone for passing, I just think if we want to continue to get Frazetta stuff we may have to support it if we can. I truly wish we would get Silver Warrior and Destroyer or even better Nightwinds, but for whatever reason companies either just continue to put pieces out that have already been done or are certainly lesser pieces. I have no idea why.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #465
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Its a lesser piece for sure but really well done, better than the original art which is just a sketch. I like to think thats what it would have looked like if fully fleshed out. Its just badass in its own right, as well as ode to Frazetta.

I’m worried also that it wont get made. Ive been making posts in Facebook statue groups, but its like preorder came and went now all is quiet-
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #466
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Can't remember if this was posted, but they did a kickstarter project for some Frazetta prints, a very cool Christmas sweater and some other stuff. The prints were $125 each or $325 if you bought 4 of them. They looked to be very good quality, but at the time it wasn't in the budget. I was looking at ebay and someone listed two of the prints plus a pin set for $75 or best offer and free shipping. I offered $55 and he accepted. Not too shabby. It would have been $280 originally.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-silkscreen-p

I got the Barbarian and The Huns prints. I even managed to get an extra pin. It was a 3 pin set and I got 4. I'll post pictures once I get these framed.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #467
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

A really nice repaint of Dark Kingdom. I asked but he didn't say who did it. Unfortunately plate only signed by Frank Jr but otherwise one of the best I've seen

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....5&postcount=40
Old 07-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #468
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Can't remember if this was posted, but they did a kickstarter project for some Frazetta prints, a very cool Christmas sweater and some other stuff. The prints were $125 each or $325 if you bought 4 of them. They looked to be very good quality, but at the time it wasn't in the budget. I was looking at ebay and someone listed two of the prints plus a pin set for $75 or best offer and free shipping. I offered $55 and he accepted. Not too shabby. It would have been $280 originally.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-silkscreen-p

I got the Barbarian and The Huns prints. I even managed to get an extra pin. It was a 3 pin set and I got 4. I'll post pictures once I get these framed.
I would love to see these in person and look forward to your pics. One thing they are larger than the old prints at 2' x 3' so would be a headache to change out with my current prints but if they are a LOT better might be worth it.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #469
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I would love to see these in person and look forward to your pics. One thing they are larger than the old prints at 2' x 3' so would be a headache to change out with my current prints but if they are a LOT better might be worth it.
I'll take some pics this weekend and post them.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:56 PM   #470
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I'll take some pics this weekend and post them.
cool if it isn't too much of a pain could you maybe post them side by side with any original prints that you may have so we can see the difference?