Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #91
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Can anyone see their active orders on PCS when they login? Or did that ever work?

I actually used to really like Jerry. He was a stand up guy. I can’t believe that he now just ignores us, and finds it amusing that this new PCS is treating us collectors this way and scamming us out of money. Unreal.

Where is Ant? Or Mark? Terrible the way this all went down.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #92
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Can anyone see their active orders on PCS when they login? Or did that ever work?

I actually used to really like Jerry. He was a stand up guy. I can’t believe that he now just ignores us, and finds it amusing that this new PCS is treating us collectors this way and scamming us out of money. Unreal.

Where is Ant? Or Mark? Terrible the way this all went down.
He hasn't been anything to do with the business side of PCS since May 2017, he doesn't know any of the staff anyone who goes to china etc, he lives in Las Vegas and PCS are in North Carolina is it? He has very little to do with the new guys anymore, PCS isn't his anymore and i'm sure that Ant and Mark were VERY aware of what they were buying into at that point.

Despite what some people have written here, PCS with Jerry was 10 years, and a good 10 years in my opinion.

All this about Jerry being a scammer and ripping people off.....he has never to my knowledge ripped someone off, refunds were given and statues were delivered......yes they were late, very ----ing late in some cases but they were delivered and 98% of the people were more than satisfied with what they got.

Some people say he was making too many variants and making too many PO's tell that to the people who pre-ordered very single thing he put up, when things were selling out in under a minute, tell that to the money who paid for their collection from flipping PCS items....

It's ok to bring up the delays, CS and refund problems which have lets face it ramped up significantly over the last year or so......but i personally was very happy with my PCS statues and service over the past 7-8 years i'd been buying from them and i think a lot of other people were too and that was all down to Jerry.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #93
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
He hasn't been anything to do with the business side of PCS since May 2017, he doesn't know any of the staff anyone who goes to china etc, he lives in Las Vegas and PCS are in North Carolina is it? He has very little to do with the new guys anymore, PCS isn't his anymore and i'm sure that Ant and Mark were VERY aware of what they were buying into at that point.

Despite what some people have written here, PCS with Jerry was 10 years, and a good 10 years in my opinion.

All this about Jerry being a scammer and ripping people off.....he has never to my knowledge ripped someone off, refunds were given and statues were delivered......yes they were late, very ----ing late in some cases but they were delivered and 98% of the people were more than satisfied with what they got.

Some people say he was making too many variants and making too many PO's tell that to the people who pre-ordered very single thing he put up, when things were selling out in under a minute, tell that to the money who paid for their collection from flipping PCS items....

It's ok to bring up the delays, CS and refund problems which have lets face it ramped up significantly over the last year or so......but i personally was very happy with my PCS statues and service over the past 7-8 years i'd been buying from them and i think a lot of other people were too and that was all down to Jerry.
Things weren't really selling out. Haven't you been paying attention?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #94
Apate
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
They where suppose to add older orders to there new site but never got round to it, if I remember correctly they said it was a bigger job than they anticipated and where going to focus on CS lol. I instantly lost faith in red_ant there and then for not coming through on a promise. Same old PCS.

We all know the problems people have had with cancellations and refunds, I have never ever had a pleasurable transaction with PCS, there has always been some problem.

Jerry's arrogance is infuriating.
Apate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #95
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I was around when Jerry sold off his early 00s toy company SOTA toys, when the $15-20 action figure market was in decline. He started PCS a year or so after.

I personally don't believe he's the type to scam anyone. He's just an artist, with all the emotional immaturity that comes with it. However, over time he's dug himself into a hole he doesn't care to get out of.

He's proven that he can run a business, even grow them impressively - but when operations fall behind (refunds, CS, etc.), he refuses to take critical feedback and act upon it. I know he's an artist after all, but once you play in the big leagues, you have to scale the support capabilities of the business to meet the needs of all the new customers you've made. Instead, he hit the gas pedal on the POs until the company became unsustainable.

Though, while not an artist, Red_Ant has shown to be similarly thin-skinned. He's simply not cut out to fix a business in turmoil and guide it to stability. To be fair, I don't think most people could have fixed that mess. The best thing he's done is hand over the keys to Sideshow.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #96
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I was around when Jerry sold off his early 00s toy company SOTA toys, when the $15-20 action figure market was in decline. He started PCS a year or so after.

I personally don't believe he's the type to scam anyone. He's just an artist, with all the emotional immaturity that comes with it.

He's proven that he can run a business, even grow them impressively - but when operations fall behind (refunds, CS, etc.), he refuses to take critical feedback and act upon it. I know he's an artist after all, but once you play in the big leagues, you have to scale the support capabilities of the business to meet the needs of all the new customers you've made. Instead, he hit the gas pedal on the POs until the company became unsustainable.

Though, while not an artist, Red_Ant has shown to be similarly thin-skinned. He's simply not cut out to fix a business in turmoil and guide it to stability. To be fair, I don't think most people could have fixed that mess. The best thing he's done is hand keys to Sideshow.
Ah now that's a good point. And I agree.

Even through all this I don't think either Jerry nor Ant are wanting to steal from people nor do I believe this is the desired outcome. if I did I wouldn't just be discussing these problems on forum.

People often think skills or talents are enough to have a business or that because people appreciate their gifts they should make money from it, like so many cooks that open a restaurant or bakery destined to fail.
Business, as most success in life, is about constant effort, often grueling, and even then failure is a constant risk. If you don't put the effort in the front end often there's just no fixing it later.

But both of them have bent the truth. Jerry Macaluso especially still shows no responsibility or remorse. Just because things have continued the wrong way in the past doesn't mean they will in the future.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #97
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaSight View Post
If I wanted to be involved with all that why on earth would i sell the company ? PCS was doing fine. Sure there were ups and downs but thats par for the course of any small business. I just finally learned, after building and selling 3 companies, that I simply hated it and always will.

I like making the art and thats my focus these days be it PCS or my own personal projects.

So ten years of delivering statues to tens of thousands which always had massive delays isnt comforting enough ?

Maybe im missing something but i just dont see that much different today than 12 months ago or 36 months ago.

Statues get delayed. Refunds take a long time to process. Customer Service has its ups and downs.

But in the end everyone gets their statue.
DGK and Jerry are both missing the biggest issue. The scale For the majority of PCS's operation they did 3-4 statues per year! Waiting on delays for 2-3 statues is one thing. Scale matters. If my fast food isn't served as advertised I've only risked 5 bucks. The "growth" was an unsustainable cancer justified by unsubstantiated "sales".
When things go wrong it takes effort to make it right and for the past couple of years that effort has been lacking especially from Jerry Macaluso. Even just the effort of standing up, stating what went wrong, and showing what should have been done differently goes a long way but that seems to be something Jerry Macaluso is too proud to do.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:20 PM   #98
Isildur's bane
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Was reading the FAQ's, but there is no mention how payment plans work on previous orders. Any ideas?

Does Sideshow take over and they automatically bill us like Flex Pay?

Chun-Li 1/3 payment is due on July 29.
Isildur's bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:53 PM   #99
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur's bane View Post
Was reading the FAQ's, but there is no mention how payment plans work on previous orders. Any ideas?

Does Sideshow take over and they automatically bill us like Flex Pay?

Chun-Li 1/3 payment is due on July 29.
This week or next you will find out.

I'll give ya free hint. if you don't make your payments PCS doesn't cancel your order...
because then they'd have to refund your money.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:59 PM   #100
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Looks like PCS' website SSL cert just expired. I'm not sure if I'll order from the website at this point, since I doubt they'll update it. Might be safer to use CS to place orders if you really need to.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote