Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
Royd
Producer
Producer

"Help Get Royd to SDCC" Art FS (AH!, Hitch, Mignola, Pearson, Rice, Barrows, Barberi)

Okay, I’m attempting to raise some money for my upcoming trip to attend San Diego Comic-Con in July with side trips before and after the con to Vegas, NYC and LA before returning home to Perth, Australia!

As a result, I’ve selected a few pieces from my collection to offer for sale in the hopes that my art collecting colleagues will help make my trip a more comfortable one (ie. ensure I have enough money to eat during my travels ).

I am offering the following pieces (prices attached):

Adam Hughes – Playstation Christmas-themed prelim with Lara, Jill and Santa vs. Zombie Christmas elves (11” x 8.5”, pencil & inks) – US$350.00

Mike Mignola – Corum #5 Page 6 (11” x 17” pencil and inks on standard board) – US$200.00

Bryan Hitch – Outsiders Pin-Up (11” x 17” pencil & inks on standard board) – US$300.00

Jason Pearson – Tom Strong’s Terrific Tales #5, Page 1 (11” x 17” on standard board) – US$200.00 (features the Strong family Tom, Dhalua and Tesla along with King Solomon)

Doug Rice – Anda and Pte. Pomru Pin-Up (from First Comics’ Dynamo Joe, 11” x 17”, pencil and inks on standard board) published in Amazing Heroes Swimsuit Special – US$225.00

Carlo Barberi – Panda (Body Bags) commission (11” x 17” pencils on standard board) – US75.00

Eddy Barrows – Countdown to Adventure #3 Page 1 (Starfire splash, 11” x 17”, pencils and partial inks on standard board) – US$150.00

All of the above can be viewed in my “San Diego ComicCon 2010 Art FS Fund Raiser” CAF gallery located here –
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=98896

Please e-mail at roydster@yahoo.com if interested in making a purchase or if you have any queries. All artwork is shipped flat in sealable plastic bags between two sheets of ½ inch thick sturdy foam core board and taped securely. Paypal is my preferred payment method and can be made to my Paypal account – roydster@yahoo.com

Always happy to consider reasonable offers. Thanks!

Royd
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Ginchy
I am da law!

Mmmm... tempting. Let me know if you think about moving anything Gen-13 related.
Ginchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
abarron
Batman

Some nice looking pieces
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Royd
Producer
Producer

Thanks for checking out the art FS guys

I'm afraid that I only have a few Gen-13 pieces in my collection and I don't intend posting any of them for sale at this time - sorry mate.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Ah, Royd. Is there any other way you can raise the money? We've all experienced that regret after selling some of our art. I wouldn't want you to have that remorse later on. Maybe there's some other way. If not...I understand. This is a big trip for you. Good luck to you, brother.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Chris,

Mate, I had to make some tough decisions because the Aussie dollar took a hit about a week ago and is drifting downwards

As a result, my trip has become more expensive and I decided to see if there were some pieces I could live without. I'd prefer not to live without them but not much I can do *sigh*

I hope you noticed that I didn't let any of my Chris Stevens pieces go By the way, great result for your Captain America piece at the Heroes auction - well done mate! Thanks for your good wishes Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Ah, Royd. Is there any other way you can raise the money? We've all experienced that regret after selling some of our art. I wouldn't want you to have that remorse later on. Maybe there's some other way. If not...I understand. This is a big trip for you. Good luck to you, brother.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
Ginchy
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Thanks for checking out the art FS guys

I'm afraid that I only have a few Gen-13 pieces in my collection and I don't intend posting any of them for sale at this time - sorry mate.
Heh, I figured as much but remember me in future... Hope everything works out for your trip, I know you've really been looking forward to it.
Ginchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
Royd
Producer
Producer

Will do Ginchy and thanks for the good wishes mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginchy View Post
Heh, I figured as much but remember me in future... Hope everything works out for your trip, I know you've really been looking forward to it.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
snappahead
Producer
Producer

That's a bummer, man. I know how much you've looked forward to this trip. Well, I guess you've gotta do what you gotta do.

You should sell me that Charest Voodoo piece. I kid.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Throw some Judge Dredd and/or Rogue Trooper art up there and I might sell some plasma or kidney, I only need one, right??
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote