Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #271
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
That is just the human nature. No one goes around telling that 90% of the time things work, but boy do they tell everyone about the 10%. Which is fine. I've been on these forums long enough to know how that works, but maybe I'm just cup half full type of person that if things go smoothly 90% of the time I assume that the next event will follow suit.
I just want to say as a collector of Sideshow product for over 12 years now I don't think I had my first issue until 5-6 years in. Even then it was handled swiftly and professionally. There are a lot of great people working there and many of them have gone above and beyond to take care of me in the past. When this was my experience I was signing their praises.

It really wasn't until the last 5-6 years that QC problems started becoming more the norm than the exception for me. I'm not one of those that expects perfection either and fully understands not everything can be addressed and/or fixed. That said I don't think any customer should have to argue with a company to do the right thing when the product they deliver is clearly defective. I also don't think it's asking that much that they adhere to some uniform guidelines in matters like these rather than just leaving it up to a rep's discretion who can pick and choose when they actually want to make an effort on your behalf or not.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:32 AM   #272
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I made my first direct purchase from Sideshow about a month ago. Captain Marvel Premium format Collectors ed, statue shipped out and after taking it out of the box and inspecting it I noticed she had a lot of knicks, scrapes and imperfections all over as well as this white powdery substance stuck to her body (not dust, had to be removed with a fingernail) the base also had 5+ major scuffs on the base. Contact Sideshow and ask them why such a poor quality item was shipped out. Although they took care of the exchange they weren't apologetic or cared in any way that I had to pack this back up and drive it to the UPS store (pickup cost extra). The rep says he will personally inspect my item to make sure its pristine. 3 weeks go by and I hear nothing, finally the rep gets back to me and says he had some things he had to take care of and the replacement was delayed. I was fine and patient with the process and understood things happen, he says they inspected all the replacements (I found out later they have separate "replacement" inventory I.E. returns) and they found the best one and it only has a small knick on the back of her leg. He offers a full refund (should have taken it) or to send out the slightly marked one, even though my XM, Gentle Giant, Fantasy Figure Gallery 1/4th figures don't have flaws I relented and accepted. The statue finally arrives and I open it (shipping box and retail box in tact not damaged) and the statue is in even worse condition than the one I sent back. Multiple scrapes and scuffs on the legs down to the white base coat, red overspray on her shoulders, chipped feet, scrapped up peg (normal with general use but not on a new statue) head doesn't fit on correctly so she's a 1/4th size Bonnie head. I'm at this point very angry. I email them back asking why they sent a statue in even worse shape than the one I sent them. I don't get a response from them for 5 days so I file a claim on Amazon (Amazon pay) I was on the last day able to file (expires after 30 days) I finally get a call back and basically the rep doesn't care, talks about how 3 people inspected the item and I can return it for a full refund of "it's not up to my standards" (they don't care about you or your time or the fact they are sitting on 500 of your dollars) I send them my local State consumer fraud laws
"6-1-105. Deceptive trade practices.
(f) Represents that goods are original or new if he knows or should know that they are deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed, used, or secondhand;
(g) Represents that goods, food, services, or property are of a particular standard, quality, or grade, or that goods are of a particular style or model, if he knows or should know that they are of another;"

Basically saying what they are doing is wrong and borders on fraud. I also file a BBB complaint. I get an email from a manager at this point basically saying that they don't have anymore "replacement" stock but they can pull a "new" statue and open it as long as I send the damaged one back and close my claim. I asked him why they didn't do this in the first place. I told them I wouldn't do it unless they shipped me a new one in pristine condition with a return label so I don't have to drive yet another one to the UPS store and even offered to agree to a contract that states they can charge me if I don't return the damaged one. I haven't heard back yet but here's the kicker, they disabled my account so I can't cancel any of my waitlist stuff or get a record of my purchase.

This company is very unethical I have a gamora 1/4 premium and Red Sonja from them without any flaws, all my XM statues have no flaws Witchblade etc, Gentle Giant Maggie Greene etc, Bowen Designs Rogue etc even my Fine Art Danger Room Rogue has no flaws and people know what their QC record use to be (greatly improved). The fact this thread has a QC sticky is pretty telling of this company and their shady business practices.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:40 AM   #273
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I've seen them do this sort of thing enough times to make me wary of their customer service. I even received a new shipment that was clearly (and confirmed) a previously defective return. Yet so many continue to claim Sideshow's customer service is second to none. They can and have done right by customers, but a company shouldn't be praised when they play favorites or someone happens to catch a rep on a good day.
Forgot to mention that somebody's area code in a completely different state was written under my shipping label. They vehemently claim that they don't re-sell used statues but that seems like a lie, they obviously can't admit to it or they can be smacked with state consumer protection laws.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #274
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I don't get this. This company offers returns if available and refunds if necessary... all this talk of contacting the BBB. Really. Any of that damage could have been caused between QC at the factory and shipment to your home. Many stops.... I understand you want your perfect pristine item, but if that's the case, purchasing highly fragile and delicate items just does not seem to be a good hobby for you.

At the end of the day, put yourselves in sideshow's shoes. You pay a company to make and quality check the items. Some get damaged along the way or make it through QC (They are only human). To be a solid person, you offer replacements of full refunds if you can not replace them item any longer. Costing you money out of your pocket on shipping and the now destroyed item. Oh, let's not forget you hire a staff that is for the most part very prompt and kind to it's customers. Then your customers say it is not enough and accuse you of fraud? Gtho. Lol. I'd be furious if I was in their shoes. Literally nothing else I could do. Unless you want me(sideshow) to QC or manufacture the statues here in the states? In that case, expect prices to double.

Last thing I have to say is that a lot of times, people complaining about this kind of stuff sound so naive. If you know about those laws business have to uphold to, you also know they are allowed a certain percentage of defective items before it is considered excessive. Which sideshow is clearly well within.

This statement comes from someone who has had to return multiple statues due to no replacements and has gotten many items replaced as well.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #275
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

did you even take the time to read what the above complaints were about? Nothing I've read in the last few posts seems like unrealistic expectations as you're implying. I know there are collectors out there that expect perfection, which is obviously unrealistic in this hobby, but I'm not seeing that in the posts here.

Now that's fantastic if your experiences have been great, I'm happy for you, truly, but under no circumstances is it acceptable having reps lie to you, pawning off defective/returned items as new, telling you there is nothing better available without even checking and acting as if collectors are being overly critical even after proving with detailed photos that something you received has obvious defects.

Good customer service is so much more than just having the rules in place to take care of people. You need to have consistency in the application of those rules. The only thing Sideshow has demonstrated consistency in is their spotty QC and unfortunately their reps absorb the brunt of that frustration in having to deal with returns. That said it doesn't excuse their passive aggressive take it or leave it attitude.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #276
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
did you even take the time to read what the above complaints were about? Nothing I've read in the last few posts seems like unrealistic expectations as you're implying. I know there are collectors out there that expect perfection, which is obviously unrealistic in this hobby, but I'm not seeing that in the posts here.

Now that's fantastic if your experiences have been great, I'm happy for you, truly, but under no circumstances is it acceptable having reps lie to you, pawning off defective/returned items as new, telling you there is nothing better available without even checking and acting as if collectors are being overly critical even after proving with detailed photos that something you received has obvious defects.

Good customer service is so much more than just having the rules in place to take care of people. You need to have consistency in the application of those rules. The only thing Sideshow has demonstrated consistency in is their spotty QC and unfortunately their reps absorb the brunt of that frustration in having to deal with returns. That said it doesn't excuse their passive aggressive take it or leave it attitude.
Not even going to respond to that other guy directly as you seem to be more realistic about this situation. 2 statues being highly damaged on somebody's first direct purchase isn't "well within the boundaries" and somebody claiming to have inspected an item then shipping out one that's even more damaged is just plain disrespectful. He also clearly didn't read that the shipper and retail box weren't damaged on delivery for either statue. I'm starting to believe the people constantly defending Sideshow are it's employees.

I don't expect perfection and I have statues with imperfections here and there, this however is extensive damage along with multiple imperfections as well as being lied to by the rep.

It is also obvious where savage.CAP's loyalties lie as he only posts in the Sideshow forum exclusively.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #277
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I don't get this. This company offers returns if available and refunds if necessary... all this talk of contacting the BBB. Really. Any of that damage could have been caused between QC at the factory and shipment to your home. Many stops.... I understand you want your perfect pristine item, but if that's the case, purchasing highly fragile and delicate items just does not seem to be a good hobby for you.

At the end of the day, put yourselves in sideshow's shoes. You pay a company to make and quality check the items. Some get damaged along the way or make it through QC (They are only human). To be a solid person, you offer replacements of full refunds if you can not replace them item any longer. Costing you money out of your pocket on shipping and the now destroyed item. Oh, let's not forget you hire a staff that is for the most part very prompt and kind to it's customers. Then your customers say it is not enough and accuse you of fraud? Gtho. Lol. I'd be furious if I was in their shoes. Literally nothing else I could do. Unless you want me(sideshow) to QC or manufacture the statues here in the states? In that case, expect prices to double.

Last thing I have to say is that a lot of times, people complaining about this kind of stuff sound so naive. If you know about those laws business have to uphold to, you also know they are allowed a certain percentage of defective items before it is considered excessive. Which sideshow is clearly well within.

This statement comes from someone who has had to return multiple statues due to no replacements and has gotten many items replaced as well.
Wrong, there are consumer protection laws out there for a reason. Selling a new car with a scuff on it or paint blemish is understandable, selling a new car with a cracked windshield, loose wobbly stealing wheel (her head not fitting on correctly) paint overspray and multiple scrape marks down to the primer is not even close to legal.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #278
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Sadly this thread doesnt really do anything. They just made it so people can ----- / vent in one thread rather than throughout the topics, resulting in threads getting closed and whatnot.

I started in the hobby due to winning a SS piece in a contest. It was another forum member's return. That was fun.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #279
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Sadly this thread doesnt really do anything. They just made it so people can ----- / vent in one thread rather than throughout the topics, resulting in threads getting closed and whatnot.

I started in the hobby due to winning a SS piece in a contest. It was another forum member's return. That was fun.
Adding my story to the list, sooner or later notice will be taken and people will stop buying their stuff and hopefully it changes their ways. I like some of there stuff and would have liked to purchase it, but that's out of the question now as I won't do business with a company like that.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #280
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I wasn't only addressing QX's post. I read back a few pages worth because this has been popping up on other forums and groups as well. You experience is a rarity QX. Like Hellboy said, most folks on here gripe about tony imperfections and small smears. And they say things like "I'm going to contact the BBB. I wrote a letter, I'll never buy from SSC again!". Then what do you know,they are all over recent threads excited for new pieces. It's all the same...

I'm sorry for the situation you were in. I never would have believed a customer service rep telling me he would personally inspect your piece lol. As you can see on this forum, the CSR's are not clued in whatsoever. But I don't mean to digress.

All I'll say is if I experienced what you had, I would no longer purchase any products from or through sideshow collectibles. That the only way you can get your point across.

Personally, I have received amazing customer service from sideshow. So they have my trust/respect until they lose it.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote