Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #101
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
More than anything SSC needs to invest in employing QC Inspector(s) IN China who work for them directly and not the factory. I am sure that if SSC held that person accountable to a standard who in turn was physically there to hold the factory responsible it would eradicate 90% of the issues.

It would honestly be a low cost venture based on (the unfortunately low) working salary in China. If they treated the employee(s) well I am sure that your would get exceptional work including hand inspections of every piece with a signed backing of the work.

SSC is kidding themselves if they think the" factory sample" they are sent by factory management is going to be indicative of the work they are going to put forth for the entire run.

You know what they need to do is hire some actual collectors who know a thing or two and will over analyze and inspect every inch of the statues ! I feel this would really help them... Because one of two things are happening ! 1.) the QC department doesn't know what to look for or 2.) they just don't care and In all honesty it could be both!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:47 AM   #102
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

How does one make an independent QC inspector accountable? They have no control over the facotry or the workers. All an independent QC Inspector do is report their findings. And good luck finding an honest one that can't be bribed by the factory.

It's obviously not impossible managing a Chinese factories. I womder how Apple and other companies manage Foxconn who does a lot of their work in China.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #103
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Sound like step one is to get an inspector you can count on...I dont know...maybe someone from your actual company...

...just a thought.

Hell, I know it is not very feasible, but I know there are plenty of collectors here that would love to get paid to QC pieces and I am sure a collector would be a bit more thorough.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:26 PM   #104
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Here is an interesting QC problem. I have recently moved.....and changed my shipping address with sideshow well over a month ago.

I have recieved batgirl, 3 prints, a few 1/6 items AND my Dr.doom ex pf.

My doom classic head was damaged and a replacement head was sent.

The only issue is they sent it randomly to my old address......that i no longer live at.

I have tracked it down.....but coukd have been a disaster.

They shipped my replacement to NOT my current address and also not even the address they sent the original statue to.....geez.

0 fuks given over there some days
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #105
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Sound like step one is to get an inspector you can count on...I dont know...maybe someone from your actual company...

...just a thought.

Hell, I know it is not very feasible, but I know there are plenty of collectors here that would love to get paid to QC pieces and I am sure a collector would be a bit more thorough.
Whomever it is, if it was from their actual company, wouldn't they pretty much have to live there? That would be quite expensive if it was an American. The salary plus housing? If it was a Chinese native it would have to be someone they trusted explicitly.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #106
qz33
Doctor Doom

PCS has a QC person in China full time and Mr. Macaluso states that every piece is inspected now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I know the delays frustrate people (including myself) but its not because we dont care, its because we do care and i want these statues to be the best they can.

That doesnt mean we are perfect, even with a full time QC employee in China now, things will slip by. Some pieces will have defects. Some will have been packed poorly and will break.

But we do our absolute best to replace defects and if we cant we refund.

its the best we can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

Thats what im told. Unfortunately, we dont have much control over ship dates (and neither does any other company contrary to what they may say). We pass to you what the factory is telling us. Sure, we push them and we can stop giving them projects until they catch up. but the truth is there are only a couple dozen factories in China that can make high quality statues so THEY have all the power...not the manufacturers.

I understand that sounds like an excuse, but its true. We push as hard as we can , and we have a full time employee there now that goes from factory to factory every day pushing them. In fact, his keen eye for quality is part of what causes delays.

Skeletor bust is a good example. The factory *thought* it was done 3 months ago but my guy keeps finding pieces that arent perfect so he keeps making them improve them.

As far as I know we are the only company to do 100% QC on every piece that leaves the factory. Sure he may miss a few errors but generally I feel our QC is now better than anyone elses...but that takes a lot of time.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #107
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

"
Thank you for the update. After reviewing your photos again I believe the areas you are concerned with are areas where a dry brush painting technique were applied for highlighting. With this in mind I won’t be able to approve a replacement item for you. If you do not want to return the item for a full refund and if you are unhappy with the current piece you have I can offer you a replacement item however we will ask you to be responsible for shipping the item back to us and the cost to ship the replacement out to you.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best regards,"

"What about the gouge/scrape on the chest? This is ridiculous.

I really don't understand you.... There is NOT supposed to be any white air brush highlights. These are white scuffs. Go take a look at your proto type.....take a look on the forum of other peoples statues...there is no white highlights, they are scuffs, they are not battle damage.

There is also a gouge on her chest that has been painted over. Is she suposed to have a deep surgical scar and then her tight spandex goes into the wound?"

My battle continues. This is like the 10th back and forth email. Apparently my batgirl has white airbrushed highlights on her stomach. Mine must be a soecial edition.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #108
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
"
Thank you for the update. After reviewing your photos again I believe the areas you are concerned with are areas where a dry brush painting technique were applied for highlighting. With this in mind I won’t be able to approve a replacement item for you. If you do not want to return the item for a full refund and if you are unhappy with the current piece you have I can offer you a replacement item however we will ask you to be responsible for shipping the item back to us and the cost to ship the replacement out to you.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best regards,"

"What about the gouge/scrape on the chest? This is ridiculous.

I really don't understand you.... There is NOT supposed to be any white air brush highlights. These are white scuffs. Go take a look at your proto type.....take a look on the forum of other peoples statues...there is no white highlights, they are scuffs, they are not battle damage.

There is also a gouge on her chest that has been painted over. Is she suposed to have a deep surgical scar and then her tight spandex goes into the wound?"

My battle continues. This is like the 10th back and forth email. Apparently my batgirl has white airbrushed highlights on her stomach. Mine must be a soecial edition.
Just send it back and stop buying.

Simple as that.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #109
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

That sounds quite mental. I think you're not in the US, based on your post, but if you are try to deal with them by phone. A common thing I've noticed with every customer service in every area is that speaking directly with someone is much more effective than dealing with emails.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #110
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Care to show the pics you sent them?

Also, I am reading of people having cracking happening on their rubber tubes found on the 1/6th Raynor figure, least one even mentions it arriving that way.

Apparently Sideshow is telling people that the cracking rubber is an intended weathering effect.

As a Starcraft fans since the original, I have NEVER seen that type of weathering portrayed.

---- like this is maddening considering customers are dishing out 600 bucks for him.

Lastly...this a thread for us to discuss/complain in one place, so threads do not come up every month on the same thing or does this thread have any actual interaction with SS peoples to "discuss" things?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote