Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2017, 11:43 PM   #1561
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

[QUOTE=HeavyMetalSpike;5521023]I think I've worked out what they are up to.

People will be so relieved when it comes through made of polystone that they'll welcome all the the things pointed out originally as faults/concerns/criticisms with open arms and praise . . .

Lol typical of SS to get away with these things.

Perfectly assessed. Couldn't agree more. The proportions are soooooooooo off. The position of the armor doesn't make sense and is an eye sore. You're instantly drawn to it. I thought about rolling the dice on this because Jungle Predator is my fave. So if they do a bad job with the unmasked portrait, well I'm okay with displaying him with the masked head. But wait, can't do that because he looks like a bobble head. And now, we have to worry about if they cheap out on this guy. Is anyone buying this guy?

Im waiting it out for Prime 1 to release their Predators. It's just too bad they aren't releasing Jungle Predator first though.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:16 AM   #1562
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
So this is the response to my email. I asked them to be specific on what materials will be used for the head, masked portrait and body.

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us! At this time, we are told that the Jungle Predator is a combination of polyresin and fabric elements.

Kimberly
Customer Support

Lol! That's straight off the description on the website. HOWEVER! As the description does not mention PVC anywhere, if it turns out they made this out of PVC then every single person who ordered would be entitled to a refund since that is misleading. I don't think this one is going to be PVC though, I think it's going to be similar to the P2 Maquette.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:31 AM   #1563
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Lol! That's straight off the description on the website. HOWEVER! As the description does not mention PVC anywhere, if it turns out they made this out of PVC then every single person who ordered would be entitled to a refund since that is misleading. I don't think this one is going to be PVC though, I think it's going to be similar to the P2 Maquette.
I know right lol. Did not help at all haha. That is true and interesting to see if they try to pull a wolf on this. Heavy Metal Spike posted his assessment(which I fully agree) and even if others don't agree, very valid and fair points. I can't see this having a good reception. Imo of course.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:42 AM   #1564
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

guys don't forget about quills missing on his upper arm. always seems to be overlooked
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:55 AM   #1565
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD18_92 View Post
guys don't forget about quills missing on his upper arm. always seems to be overlooked
You're right.

They are missing from the chest as well.
  • Neither were on the SWS maquette, but doesn't detract from THAT because everything else is done so well.
  • Doesn't detract from the NEW maquette considering how bad all the other issues are.
YMMV of course.

But again - you're quite correct

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #1566
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

What if I told you that SS reached out to a few of the Predator "super fans" on this site, to serve as unpaid consultants on this Jungle Hunter maquette? In this scenario, the general layout of the statue was already set, and these consultants were asked to provide input on the finer details that are so often sources of criticism on SS Predator statues. These consultants discussed refinements to the artist's rendition, what extras might be included with the exclusive, and so forth. This conceptual stage of the process was the last time that SS communicated with these consultants. They saw the proposed final product the same time that everyone else saw it during the reveal. These consultants absolutely would have pointed out and proposed adjustments to the glaring issues that are present in the prototype, had they been part of the later stages of development. In this scenario, this statue had the potential to be one of the best since the SWS Jungle Hunter and the Wolf LSF, but sadly fell victim to the same old song and dance.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #1567
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
. . . They saw the proposed final product the same time that everyone else saw it during the reveal . . .
I saw the sculpt well before the reveal.

Also gave my feedback on the fact he was too blimmin' skinny.

This was when the thigh armour was still in the correct place (before little-miss-sewing-bee complained).

But then it wasn't Sideshow who contacted me

Old 10-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #1568
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Part of me wants this cause I don't have a jungle hunter in my collection and not sure i can wait that long for P1, and the other half of me knows this won't turn out well
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:30 PM   #1569
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD18_92 View Post
Part of me wants this cause I don't have a jungle hunter in my collection and not sure i can wait that long for P1, and the other half of me knows this won't turn out well
The other half knows better.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #1570
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
The other half knows better.
LOL