Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-11-2018, 11:50 PM   #2051
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Dude, it's all about money. They sold out the EX on the Thanos for 1200 a pop. The head on them is huge right now. If it to high and he doesn't sell, he will just be on sale later in the year. I've come to the sad realization that this isn't the passionate company I once knew.
And the times they are a changin.
Sure ...it can be all about money. But a business' reputation also means a lot. And most customers will remember the negative more than the positive. One shady move is all it takes sometimes to lose customers. Will SSC be that blatant ...and risk a bad reputation?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:52 PM   #2052
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, I find it disgusting that they specifically labeled it a PF during SDCC. Now, all of a sudden it's a maquette, with presumably, a higher price tag.

I'm sorry but the whole "it's cuz they went back and made changes" is total BS as well. It's not the collector's fault that what they showed at SDCC was a poor looking piece that the majority had no interest in owning.
Exactly.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:50 AM   #2053
danteipp
Hellboy

With respect to the discussion on Magneto's powers and the depiction of it on the SS statue base, I found this explanation from a website very interesting:

http://www.magnetowasright.com/pages...of-magneto.php

I am about the least scientific person you will meet, so I have no idea how accurate or innacurate it may be.

But it is an interesting read and maybe a resident (or at least budding) scientist can confirm if the post is indeed accurate? Or at least relatively accurate and in the ballpark of reasonable probability in a world where superheroes exist and run wild?

Although, in the end, any comic character is probably capable of just about any feat if the writer wills it. We all know certain writers aren't technically accurate and don't follow comic cannon or any degree of consistency over time.

Back to the statue, I can't wait to see the full reveal, if there is an EX and how it will be priced. I don't have a single Magneto at any scale, not even a Bowen and I have most of the other X-Men and villains, so I am hoping this statue will change that. I really like the changes they made!

I have been saving up reward points with the intent to tease down the price on this statue and probably the Prime 1 Flash (I am also hoping for a SS Flash at some point too). Magneto, Flash and Nightwing are the three 1/4 scale statues I am looking for most, in order to fill some gaps. Juggernaut would also be cool. Fingers crossed we get them at some point.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #2054
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

They made some changes from the SDCC version but I'm still not THAT impressed. He is still too thin and the cape will be a pain (they should have made it PVC). And I'm guessing it will be in the $750 range. Big pass for me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:47 AM   #2055
FJC
Midnighter

Deadpool was 7 bills and a PF. I can't imagine with this being a MAQ now.... that it'll be less.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:00 AM   #2056
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Is this pic new?

minus
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:33 AM   #2057
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
With respect to the discussion on Magneto's powers and the depiction of it on the SS statue base, I found this explanation from a website very interesting:

http://www.magnetowasright.com/pages...of-magneto.php

I am about the least scientific person you will meet, so I have no idea how accurate or innacurate it may be.

But it is an interesting read and maybe a resident (or at least budding) scientist can confirm if the post is indeed accurate? Or at least relatively accurate and in the ballpark of reasonable probability in a world where superheroes exist and run wild?

Although, in the end, any comic character is probably capable of just about any feat if the writer wills it. We all know certain writers aren't technically accurate and don't follow comic cannon or any degree of consistency over time.
All pretty accurate. Magneto is indeed a badass, and much more powerful than he's typically written. The main thing that limits his ability is whatever a writer decides is Magneto's 'sphere of influence', i.e. how far away his will can affect changes.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:52 AM   #2058
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Is this pic new?

minus
No. These were pics from the new Wolverine PF full reveal blog.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:13 AM   #2059
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I am well aware that he can manipulate metals to the atomic level. Hence he can manipulate in the blood stream, etc. What I am saying is that is not how he is depicted 99.7% of the time when fighting and entire metal object like a Sentinel. He doesn’t “melt”them, he just shreds them, pulls them apart, crushes them in on themselves.

Find me another “melting” comic image that is not home pulling the adimantium off Logan’s bones and out of his pores. Because to my recollection it was the only time Mags has done such a thing. I remember reading that comic and being in awe. It’s not a trick Magneto does often and in this case, I feel that SideShow taking the art direction this way takes away from what was a great base.

Bonus: Even movie Magneto

Find me anything else where Magneto wears this costume. Because to my recollection this statue is the only time Magneto has worn such a thing..
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:21 AM   #2060
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
All pretty accurate. Magneto is indeed a badass, and much more powerful than he's typically written. The main thing that limits his ability is whatever a writer decides is Magneto's 'sphere of influence', i.e. how far away his will can affect changes.
Good point you and danteipp make. It depends on the writer.

It’s like in AvX when Iron Man beat Magneto because he made a non metal armor. Yet Magneto has gone through entire teams of X-Men and Aveners without a care as to who wasn’t wearing metal. Magneto (kind of...not even getting into it) killed Jean Phoenix on his own. But it’s whatever the writers want.

Slightly off topic but same difference. When Gambit was a new character he beat Wolverine one on one twice and was fast enough to dodge machine gun fire. He also shot his powers out of his eyes as green squiggles. A few years ago he was quick enough to trip and beat Quicksilver. These characters do whatever at any moment.

Geek-out complete.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote