Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #661
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
Yea, dios are my focus. I love them, I love the action pose w another character. To me, it brings comics to life. Some single character action statues do that the same, but feel empty w out the context of another character. But it also keeps me from buying everything I like that I want to buy. I'm already at my limits w just dios, imagine adding XM Hulkbuster, or SS Thanos. But for every one of those, there's a Batman v Killer croc, Daredevil v Punisher, Wolverine v Hulk, WW v Ares; not to mention what I've missed out on like Hulk v Spiderman, the Star Wars dios, all masterpieces that make me tingle even if I miss out on other single character amazing works of art. So I just have to appreciate certain pieces from afar through pics and vid by other collectors.
Yeah I hear you. I try to do both. I'm a big diorama fan myself and I think that's why I like XM statues so much because the base is almost like a character with their statues. It adds a lot to the character
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #662
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Yeah I hear you. I try to do both. I'm a big diorama fan myself and I think that's why I like XM statues so much because the base is almost like a character with their statues. It adds a lot to the character
Yea, XM seems to be the leagues above the rest. Their bases, definitely tell a story that compliments the amazingness they're portraying on them. I love SS, but few pieces that they go toe to toe with XM, that I prefer the SS version. Same goes for Iron Studios. I seem to favor XM over the direct competition. But, lucky for me (and SS/IS) XM doesn't do many dios and the ones they are making, they are currently out of my range.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:30 PM   #663
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Yea, XM seems to be the leagues above the rest. Their bases, definitely tell a story that compliments the amazingness they're portraying on them. I love SS, but few pieces that they go toe to toe with XM, that I prefer the SS version. Same goes for Iron Studios. I seem to favor XM over the direct competition. But, lucky for me (and SS/IS) XM doesn't do many dios and the ones they are making, they are currently out of my range.
I have a feeling that's about to change.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #664
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

That will be fantastic. Just not too soon either, lol. XM can be very dangerous
Old 07-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #665
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
I do love me some iron studios dioramas. I have Magneto vs sentinel and superman vs doomsday. I have on Pre order Batman vs bane and I will be getting Wolverine vs Juggernaut as well when it's available for pre order.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #666
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I wish I could get the X-men diorama from XM but it's hard to spend $4000 on a statue and then an extra $1000 on shipping for a minimum of $5000. Im hoping the Justice League vs Darkseid diorama will be cheaper
Old 07-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #667
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

My issue is I'm backwards collecting while trying to forward collect. I have 2 IS dios on PO (3 when the next one becomes avail ), XM Spiderman/MJ while waiting for great deals to jump on, like IS Magneto, Superman and the awesome smaller scale SS dios that I've missed. Hopefully by the time the next XM dios roll around, I'm only forward collecting and can make tougher decisions on what to buy and what to pass on. Again, my advantage is I only have to choose from a few at a time. Single characters have tons of stuff from multiple companies, multiple times. Although I feel this Hulkbuster and classic Ironman are almost dioramas... I hope the future releases are a little more accessible and a little more affordable so that I not have to make as many tough choices.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #668
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
My issue is I'm backwards collecting while trying to forward collect. I have 2 IS dios on PO (3 when the next one becomes avail ), XM Spiderman/MJ while waiting for great deals to jump on, like IS Magneto, Superman and the awesome smaller scale SS dios that I've missed. Hopefully by the time the next XM dios roll around, I'm only forward collecting and can make tougher decisions on what to buy and what to pass on. Again, my advantage is I only have to choose from a few at a time. Single characters have tons of stuff from multiple companies, multiple times. Although I feel this Hulkbuster and classic Ironman are almost dioramas... I hope the future releases are a little more accessible and a little more affordable so that I not have to make as many tough choices.
Yeah I hear you on that. Same with me. I'm backwards collecting on xm statues because I started late and now I'm Pre ordering everything I want so I don't have to pay these crazy after market prices. The prices on Magneto, Ghost rider, Cable and Venom are insane considering what they go for retail. I wish I could own all four of them but I won't pay 2 grand for each one and magneto is even more. I doubt the prices Bernie on XM will ever be more affordable. Their prices match the market but the shipping is what makes them so expensive. Most of them aren't cheaper than a $1000 except for a select few with smaller bases
Old 07-29-2017, 12:57 PM   #669
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I'm okay w the price, specially w what you're getting from them. Although w their world wide license their shipping might go down some. I really just need to eventually get caught up. A SS type system that allows you to pay as you go and a reward system would be great too. The plus is outside that X-Men dio, I'm already in the hobby as they continue to release their next dios. In the mean time, I'll enjoy these other works of art from afar.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:10 PM   #670
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
I'm okay w the price, specially w what you're getting from them. Although w their world wide license their shipping might go down some. I really just need to eventually get caught up. A SS type system that allows you to pay as you go and a reward system would be great too. The plus is outside that X-Men dio, I'm already in the hobby as they continue to release their next dios. In the mean time, I'll enjoy these other works of art from afar.
Well, XM technically has the prestige system. The catch to it is, for those not in the territories to which they ship...can't get access to the lower price (10% off). But, if you own XM statues and register at least 4...you will be able to order directly from XM for any of the worldwide licenses and get the 10% off.

Once / if XM continues to get more expansion on some of their major licenses, like the upcoming DC line, then they may start implementing a SS payment system. Even if it's just 3 or 4 month payment system...that would help tremendously with acquiring more XM products.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote