Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2016, 09:39 PM   #181
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The whole rebirth thing still seems like a mess. Like I thought they are going back to numbering for those long running series like Detective Comics. The New 52 wasn't well thought out. Now they are trying to have things both ways.

They just need to acknowledge that some stories are good and some suck. And stop renumbering, putting out crap just to shock, get new readers, or because whoever in charge doesn't get or care about the characters.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 PM   #182
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So what's the scoop? Is DC re-numbering yet again? Keeping the current numbering or going back to the original numbering?

I really can't stand when they start with new number ones. Marvel is ridiculous these days..
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:21 PM   #183
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

It is a renumbering of all Titles(and new Titles) with the exception of Action Comics and Detective Comics which return to the original numbering.

Wonder Woman is the only Title I'm curious to get out of this Rebirth thing thanks to Greg Rucka.

To this day Batman is the only Title I still buy and I doubt I will continue to do so when Rebirth is launched.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:19 PM   #184
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLOWN KNIGHT View Post
It is a renumbering of all Titles(and new Titles) with the exception of Action Comics and Detective Comics which return to the original numbering.

Wonder Woman is the only Title I'm curious to get out of this Rebirth thing thanks to Greg Rucka.

To this day Batman is the only Title I still buy and I doubt I will continue to do so when Rebirth is launched.
Same. Batman's the only title I've bought each month since the first New 52 story arcs ended. I doubt I'll keep that up either.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:43 PM   #185
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I find it interesting hw you both say you'll likely be done with Batman, yet both are enjoying Tom King's work on his Vision series right now (mentioned in the other topic)

The guy will deliver something interesting, that's for sure

Personally I'm looking forward to this 'rebirth'. Many books have great creative teams. Obviously the double shipment on a ton of titles won't last long (Aquaman and Green Arrow will never be popular enough), but it's an interesting experiment.

Also can't wait for Snyder's new Bat book. His version of Hush...can't wait
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:07 PM   #186
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thanks guys.

So they're renumbering Batman back to number 1 again? And Defective will be going back to 700-800 then?
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:04 PM   #187
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I find it interesting hw you both say you'll likely be done with Batman, yet both are enjoying Tom King's work on his Vision series right now (mentioned in the other topic)

Personally I'm looking forward to this 'rebirth'. Many books have great creative teams. Obviously the double shipment on a ton of titles won't last long (Aquaman and Green Arrow will never be popular enough), but it's an interesting experiment.

The thing is there is no real word in regards of this Rebirth thing, is it an event? a reboot? just a renumbering?

That is why I'm 'cautious' about it.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #188
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post

Is King the new Batman writer? If so, I'll give it a chance. My skepticism is just based on historical quality, or lack thereof, that follows a celebrated run.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #189
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Same. Batman's the only title I've bought each month since the first New 52 story arcs ended. I doubt I'll keep that up either.
Yup - Rebirth will be the end of my 30 year runs on Batman and Detective. The fact that they are going bi-weekly turns me off and 30 years is a nice even jumping off point that coincidentally fell in line to almost the month with the Rebirth relaunch.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:58 AM   #190
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Yup - Rebirth will be the end of my 30 year runs on Batman and Detective. The fact that they are going bi-weekly turns me off and 30 years is a nice even jumping off point that coincidentally fell in line to almost the month with the Rebirth relaunch.
You're missing out. Things are shaping up nicely, especially considering Batman is going to be hunting down the Watchmen.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote