Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #161
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

"Women sell more then men."

This is a hard one to call in this industry of products. if we where to talk about anime smaller scale statues at conventions, I would def agree with you.

However, going to sites like this, Facebook Prime 1/Side Show Collectable Groups. The Majority of the fan posts are Characters like Guts, Zodd, Superman, Mr Freeze, doomsday ... Even on a marketing scale with these companies.. the majority are the Main DC/Marvel Characters.. Not overflowing with Female based figures..

I do not believe Evil lynn or She-Ra Performed as well as Skeletor/He-man sales, though retrospect I can where Sorceress Would out sell Man At Arms overall. .. But this is highly dependent on the sculpts made.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #162
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
The Sorceress is a integral part of both She-Ra and He-Man as the keeper of the Swords and Greyskull (which can allow access between Eternia and Etheria). So she doesn't need a counterpart and should stand in the center between the two shows.
And even if you are just collecting He-Man she is 1/3 of the people who know that Adam is He-Man. She also provides the spiritual mentoring of He-Man while MaA is more the practical/physical side of the teachings.

But to each their own. I am hoping they get Sorceress out of the way fast and then I can walk away from the line. Because for me I don't need/ can't afford/have no space to go super deep besides those 5 (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and Sorceress).
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I don’t question her part in the lore. She is very integral. But if you go by the show, MN at Arms plays a much heavier role. He appears more and has a greater influence on He-Man. She is more of a boss. Here’s your power, here’s the evil, go do good deeds. Man at Arms was a father figure though. But you clearly like her more, no harm in that.

This, sadly, is true. Women sell more than men.
If and when the license get approved, I can safely say you will see Man at Arms before Sorceress.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #163
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

Lovely art!
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #164
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Lovely art!
Gerald Parel one of my favorite artists, he did a line of MOTU pieces, he also did some amazing covers for marvel as well.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #165
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Great stuff, that Beastman!!! Need to find some to frame
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #166
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Gerald Parel one of my favorite artists, he did a line of MOTU pieces, he also did some amazing covers for marvel as well.

This is bad ass, thanks for sharing.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #167
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Some more of Parel's MOTU art.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #168
Sandman585
Hydra

That art is amazing
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #169
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
1. Is there evidence for this claim?

2. Not sure why it would be sad if true or not.

As someone who collects female statues plenty of lines come out that offer me nothing or an occasional choice. There are those dedicated "female lines" but if there is a general option for an IP at best can hope for is parity.

I really don't think people who collect solely male statues can honestly say they don't have options these days.
I just go by what’s made (namely by Sideshow.). For instance, we have multiple Rogues, Psylockes, Mystiques etc etc before we got Cable. Or for the Gotham line, we got Zaranna of all people prior to Nightwing or Robin. Let alone the multiple Harley’s, Catwomen and Ivy’s. And it’s not sad that their collected, not at all. It’s just sad that sometimes it delays the release of other characters. Sex sells.

I think we can ALL agree though we want both Sorceress and Man at Arms.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #170
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
1. Is there evidence for this claim?

2. Not sure why it would be sad if true or not.
1. look no further than the SS comic batman line
- poison ivy 4000 total es
- green poison ivy 2500 es
- new poison ivy 2300 total es
- catwoman 6000 total es
- classic catwoman 1500 es
- new catwoman 3750 total es

not to mention the two versions of harley quinn and two versions of batgirl

aside from batman the male characters released are:
- 2 jokers
- bane
- killer croc
- mr freeze (previewed)

2. its sad because people who want different characters like two-face or scarecrow may never see them because companies like SS know they wont sell as well as another version of the same female character theyve already done

for the record im all for sorceress getting made but i also want man at arms, battlecat, trap-jaw, beastman etc. tweeterhead does seem a little less one sided when it comes to releases though so hopefully everyone gets what they are looking for
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote