Old 10-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #161
protector2814
Phoenix

Two great Barbarian themed comic & trade covers in the lcs this week -

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #162
Babytoxie
Ghost

That's a nice SSOC cover. Who's the artist? Resembles Jeff Jones, but I'm guessing it's not.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #163
protector2814
Phoenix

Wanted to post this here for those of you who haven't heard that this docu. is coming. Here's the teaser to Riddle Of Steel, The Definitive History of Conan The Barbarian. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQXZGNh5luA
Old 11-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #164
Babytoxie
Ghost

Just found this solicitation on Amazon: a complete Joe Kubert Tarzan archive - 616 pages, in softcover, for $40. I've read only a handful of these, so I'm really looking forward to this release. The page calls it an omnibus, which, in Dark Horse's case, is a digest-sized book; however, the cover shown says "Archive". I'm assuming it's a standard-size book, but color, or black and white?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/161655...h3L&ref=plSrch
Old 11-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #165
protector2814
Phoenix

The greatest Tarzan comic illustrator of all time, imo. (sorry Byrne Hogarth). BT this is great news. I have 2 volumes of the DC Archive Editions & most of the original books including the 2 Treasuries, but this is a must buy. You will flip when you read these.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #166
Babytoxie
Ghost

Old 01-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #167
protector2814
Phoenix

Been a while since Dark Horse has really blown me away w/ a Conan mini, or even a regular title for that matter, but they've redeemed themselves with the 4-parter, Wolves Beyond The Border. Based & borrowed heavily from the Howard started & De Camp finished short story of the same name found in the Ace pbk Conan The Usurper, this original tale was set in the Conan world yet it's main character was not Conan but a mercenary soldier caught up in the fierce Pict-wars taking place at the time. I've missed or yet to see Writer, Tim Truman even tip his hat to this original story in mention, he just plugs in a 60+ year old Conan & tweaks the tale enough to differ & then runs with it. I guess I'll forgive him on account that he's doing such a damn great job with the book. Definitely towards the end of Conan's career, Wolves... deals w/ a Conan who's on the way out as King of Aquilonia. There's really no where to go after this tale until Dark Horse tackles the last Conan tale that I know of, Conan Of The Isles.
Tim Giorello's art is gorgeous in this book; bloody, violent, rich, & fitting. He's becoming one of my very favorite Conan comic artists.
We're 2 issues deep as of this week, you should be able to find the 1st still on the racks. Buy this series, you'll love it.

***Side note - What the hell happened to Weird World over at Marvel? We've gone from a warrior-soaked mini on BattleWorld ... to a young latina's attempts to return her dead, drug addicted mother's ashes to Mexico & her wacky adventures in doing so while trapped in Weird World!?!...Ball dropped.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #168
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The greatest Tarzan comic illustrator of all time, imo. (sorry Byrne Hogarth). BT this is great news. I have 2 volumes of the DC Archive Editions & most of the original books including the 2 Treasuries, but this is a must buy. You will flip when you read these.
I have the thee volume Dark Horse HC set of Tarzan: The Joe Kubert Years. Stunning stuff packaged beautifully.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #169
Babytoxie
Ghost

Has anyone here read Sam Glanzman's Attu? There's a collection on the way from Dover. I recall seeing some of the books in the old Bud Plant catalogs, but not much else....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/04868...59ZG73KZ5CNA59

Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #170
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

ARH has a new comic out based on their character Arhian. She's a blonde barbarian girl who hacks people up and then takes her clothes off and washed up in conviently placed waterfall grottos! Its not Shakespeare but I like it and ARH delivers on everything a barbarian girl comic should have!

Best part... All their comics are free on digital download until 3/10/16 with the code ARH COMIX

The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote