Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #101
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Side-note: I'm pretty sure I see Arhian Forever in that last photo. One day that mythical statue will make it into the hands of U.S. collectors.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #102
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Lets address some stuff here really quick.

First off the 115 numbered pieces. There were only 100 units sold. the 15 extra are AP pieces for our team and for the Frazettas. However, we chose to keep the 115 number as the total Edition size number on the bottom so that we are transparent with exactly how many units were made in total. We only made 115 units period. Sold 100. We are keeping the molds alive until all units have shipped to their homes and arrive ok, then molds will be destroyed.

As for the clothing. The clothing was never meant to part of the statue. It was an add on, to ensure everyone could display no matter the location. We didn't add the clothing into the cost of the statue, its something we ate as a company.
We sorry we did not communicate the changes, but we are also not ok with the attacks on our integrity, or with accusations of us "cutting corners". You may not like the look of the new clothes, and that is fine, but do not assume we just threw something together willy nilly. It was planned, and crafted expertly. There is a metal frame in the bra to hold its shape, faux leather straps, and real metal rings to attach to. The fur was trimmed by hand on each piece. This wasn't a simple production, the clothing cost us a lot and took a lot of time to make sure it will work with the statue properly.

And I dont even believe we have to address this. The eyes are what we wanted. We painted them because we knew it was the best and quickest way to create the look we desired on our prototype. Then we sent the prototype to the factory they took our painted eyes, and created the closest possible decal they could. We have a few rounds of edits and then it was approved by our in house Master Painter. We are happy with the results.

Comparing our Promo shots to a customers ill lit shot is like comparing bananas to sneakers. The lighting has a lot to do with how a piece looks. So does camera perspective, lens, distance, etc. So again, when the units come in for QC we will take photos in a multitude of lighting conditions to show you what you will be receiving. We showed you high resolution images of the production samples before as well.

And as a final note, if any of you are unhappy with the statue, communication or anything else here, we can issue you a refund for your piece now if you prefer.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #103
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Thanks for clearing things up! Speaking for myself, I'll be a happy owner of this piece and can't wait to get it in hand. You guys have a lot to be proud of with this piece. It was clearly a labor of love for everyone involved in producing it.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #104
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I understand both sides of this, but level52 might want to develop a little bit of a thicker skin before directly responding. Seems a little hostile towards customers with, what many would view, as valid complaints.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #105
NamesJay
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
I understand both sides of this, but level52 might want to develop a little bit of a thicker skin before directly responding. Seems a little hostile towards customers with, what many would view, as valid complaints.
I think Level 52's response is more than fair considering their integrity was questioned.

And if you want to talk "hostile" you should look at some of the Facebook posts directed at Level 52 -- just nasty for the sake of being nasty.

Things work both ways with respect -- treat people with it and you'll be treated with it in return.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #106
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
I think Level 52's response is more than fair considering their integrity was questioned.

And if you want to talk "hostile" you should look at some of the Facebook posts directed at Level 52 -- just nasty for the sake of being nasty.

Things work both ways with respect -- treat people with it and you'll be treated with it in return.

Businesses have to operate differently than customers if they want to stick around.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #107
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Was there even a high volume of collectors that requested clothes to begin with? It seems a strange thing to request for a Frazetta piece. And if I'm being honest, removable clothes are more lewd than no clothes at all.

I partly understand covering the bottom half if you have sensitive people in the room but covering the top half is too much at the expense of the original artwork. Plus the loin skirt looks better than the bra, even on the proto.

Having said all that, collectors should have definitely been notified prior because the bra did undergo a very noticeable change. Even still if it remains in the box for majority of collectors. At the very least, it would have shifted all the negativity to well before release. When they happen at the same time, it dampers people's excitement.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #108
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I believe we have fairly thick skin, but in the same regard we are a small group of artists trying to deliver amazing work to all of you. We agree, we should have notified everyone of the design change, I think we overlooked it because it was a last minute add-on and I don't think we see it as "part of the statue". That's our fault for sure.

We will definitely take note of this and apply it to our statue releases in the future.

We do not mean to sound hostile at all, we are just passionate about our work. We thank you all for even caring enough to comment in the first place.

Rest assured that moving forward this won't happen again.

Thank you all and good night
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #109
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
I believe we have fairly thick skin, but in the same regard we are a small group of artists trying to deliver amazing work to all of you. We agree, we should have notified everyone of the design change, I think we overlooked it because it was a last minute add-on and I don't think we see it as "part of the statue". That's our fault for sure.

We will definitely take note of this and apply it to our statue releases in the future.

We do not mean to sound hostile at all, we are just passionate about our work. We thank you all for even caring enough to comment in the first place.

Kudos for addressing the community in a professional manner. Other statue producers should take note of this post
Old 10-20-2018, 10:57 PM   #110
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post

Thanks for taking things into consideration for the future. As I said, I don’t plan on displaying her with the clothes, so this didn’t affect me personally.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote