Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-02-2021, 03:59 AM   #1531
srttoz
Mephisto

I remember seeing the edition size and thinking it will take forever to sell out but damn it’s been gone for a while now. I don’t get it, Gambit isn’t THAT popular an X-Men but statue collectors sure love him. Helps that the statue and pose are as good as it gets.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:00 AM   #1532
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Great looking character in Statue form and hasn’t had a lot of other options produced over the years. The first PF was darn good but this blows it away.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #1533
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
What the heck is going on with this? Went on the wait-list right away for EX and nothing..Can't be sold out?
I mean if it says "wait list" it technically can't be sold out yet right? Wait list means there is a chance someone cancels their payment plan they were on, or someone has a break in a statue and SS needs to ship a replacement so they are holding some in reserves? But at what point do they clear out those reserves? What's the return/replacement policy on SS? This has been out a while now so it can't be people still paying payment plans. Which would lead me to believe SS is just holding some pieces incase they need to replace people's orders.

Either way the EX is great. I'm glad I picked this up from the start and didn't wait. I have not swapped out the EX head since I received Gambit.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:11 AM   #1534
SLO_MO
The Spirit

It might be just Sideshow's recent "sold out...this batch" trend popping up. But I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility to actually be sold out, really popular character that they absolutely knocked out of the park. I honestly think this piece is one of Sideshow's best ever.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #1535
qz33
Baron Zemo

This and Call to Action prove Sideshow is still at the top of the game.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:45 PM   #1536
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This and Call to Action prove Sideshow is still at the top of the game.
Yes! Both look great. There's been a few PFs recently that I think look great. Sabretooth, Gambit, Rogue, Logan, Cable, and Colossus in particular stand out for me personally. I even love the Flash PF, although that piece received mixed reviews.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:25 AM   #1537
srttoz
Mephisto

Gambit, Cable, Sabretooth are the ones I have and they all blow me away. From what I've seen Colossus looks great too but I don't own him.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:11 AM   #1538
Peedi
The Secret Six

Colossus is great. I put Cable and Gambit above it though. I didn’t get Sabretooth.

Like SLO_MO was saying, Gambit could be on Waitlist while another batch is being developed. Technically it should be Pre Order if so, but Sideshow hasn’t been consistent. Jean Grey Ex and others have went to waitlist only to return to Pre Order or in Stock. Also, rarely is low stock seen anymore.

Could also be Gambit just resonates extremely well with statue collectors in particular. He’s popular in an odd way. He has fans. But many of the main X writers haven’t cared for him. The movies didn’t use him much or well. His solo comics don’t last (even if I do enjoy them). But he’s a top choice for video games and collectibles so he obviously sells in some regards.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #1539
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I got Rogue, Sabretooth and Mr Freeze last year and love all of them. I have enough points for one more, but I'm out of space for now so I'm kinda looking to see what to get next. Gambit, Taskmaster and Dr Doom are on the top of the list.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:43 PM   #1540
zonestarx
Doh!

Colossus is awesome! My next one is going to be Rogue & Sabretooth
zonestarx is offline   Reply With Quote