Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-17-2015, 02:03 AM   #4321
Falkor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Alex, I'm interested in the progress of the Legendary scale line. Would you say that this a backburner sort of line due to the cost of the pieces? The legendary scale line was my introduction to Sideshow and I've bought every piece. I would love to see more. When the line was introduced at comic con 4 years ago, there were so many pieces in that scale, and it was the most impressive part of the con. I really expected the line to take off with several new additions every year. I hope that SS continues to develop it considering how quickly that Prime 1 EX Batman sold out for a grand a pop. The Indiana Jones and Catwoman LSF pieces dissappeared quickly without any real word of what happened, and with how long Obi took, and now Vader, it seems this line is surrounded by a lot of red tape and mystery. Sorry for the long post but I'm just so facinated by this line's production history. Thanks!
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:12 AM   #4322
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hello,

Is there any updates on the Ironman mk3 or mk7 pieces? (Or anything iron man really?

Also, is there an update on when we might get the next shipment of Green Hulk Premium formats? Or is it still in a "October" window.

Thank you so much!
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:53 AM   #4323
greencollector
Frackin!

Hi Alex,
What's with the different colour head to the rest of the body. Is this something that's going to get fixed?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	92411  
greencollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:18 PM   #4324
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
alex

have your bosses notices how popular xm's spidey line is? and how quickly they are releasing info and pre-orders for the line

you guys are sitting on a gold mine

hurry up already.

Besides Green Goblin there is one other Spidey piece (that I'm aware of) in the works. There might be more coming in the future but for now I'm only aware of those two other pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordent View Post
Hi Alex, Does Sideshow still have the James Bond licence? And if so, could we expect any statues in the future?
We no longer hold the James Bond license so no future pieces are expected at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hello Alex, is the P2 maquette still expecting to ship in Feb 2016? Will we get any updated pictures of the piece?
That one is still on track for Feb 2016 (and could even deliver a little earlier then that). Photos of a sample were just taken earlier this week and should be released to customers that Pre-Ordered it in the next few weeks and then the site will be updated shortly after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, I'm interested in the progress of the Legendary scale line. Would you say that this a backburner sort of line due to the cost of the pieces? The legendary scale line was my introduction to Sideshow and I've bought every piece. I would love to see more. When the line was introduced at comic con 4 years ago, there were so many pieces in that scale, and it was the most impressive part of the con. I really expected the line to take off with several new additions every year. I hope that SS continues to develop it considering how quickly that Prime 1 EX Batman sold out for a grand a pop. The Indiana Jones and Catwoman LSF pieces dissappeared quickly without any real word of what happened, and with how long Obi took, and now Vader, it seems this line is surrounded by a lot of red tape and mystery. Sorry for the long post but I'm just so facinated by this line's production history. Thanks!
More LSFs are in the works. They will be fewer in nature then the PFs, Statues, etc. that we release but they will exist. The new Iron Man Mark 43 LSF should be going up for Pre-Order very soon and 2016 should hopefully have some reveals of some new ones (one previously revealed through tease and some more that haven't been teased/revealed in the past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hello,

Is there any updates on the Ironman mk3 or mk7 pieces? (Or anything iron man really?

Also, is there an update on when we might get the next shipment of Green Hulk Premium formats? Or is it still in a "October" window.

Thank you so much!
I really don't know what the status is of the Mk 2 and Mk7 pieces. They aren't on my radar at the moment which typically means they have either been pushed way back or may have even been abandoned.

We do have the Mark 43 LSF coming up for Pre-Order soon.

In regards to Incredible Hulk...one batch came in and is now being shipping out. Another batch is due to land in port next week, so those would begin processing and shipping out in October (barring any issue: like another port strike, major backup at the ports, and so on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencollector View Post
Hi Alex,
What's with the different colour head to the rest of the body. Is this something that's going to get fixed?
The body was sculpted with more texture into it and the portraits were sculpted with more smooth lines and as such when viewing the piece from certain angles the difference will be noticed. This is not something that will be changed on the piece.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #4325
greencollector
Frackin!

Thanks! Any reason why they decided to do that and not just have it all the same?

The body was sculpted with more texture into it and the portraits were sculpted with more smooth lines and as such when viewing the piece from certain angles the difference will be noticed. This is not something that will be changed on the piece.[/QUOTE]
greencollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #4326
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencollector View Post
Thanks! Any reason why they decided to do that and not just have it all the same?
Sorry I've never been told why it was decided to leave it as is. I know that one artist worked on the body and the heads were done by another artist.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #4327
patrickm3849
Justice League

My monthly question^^ are there some good news about the shipping of Deathwing and Deaths Siren? (so much death :P) Still of track for Q4 / Oct-Nov or do you imagine that there will be a delay?
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #4328
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm3849 View Post
My monthly question^^ are there some good news about the shipping of Deathwing and Deaths Siren? (so much death :P) Still of track for Q4 / Oct-Nov or do you imagine that there will be a delay?
I don't believe Death's Siren will have a delay. We're coming over the finish line with that one. As for Deathwing...I haven't seen a final shipping sample come in for that item yet (but it's still a tad early for that at this point). So far that piece is still expected to ship within it's estimated time frame but that could always change.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #4329
patrickm3849
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I don't believe Death's Siren will have a delay. We're coming over the finish line with that one. As for Deathwing...I haven't seen a final shipping sample come in for that item yet (but it's still a tad early for that at this point). So far that piece is still expected to ship within it's estimated time frame but that could always change.
Nice to hear that for Siren... do you have any words for Red Death ? :P
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #4330
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm3849 View Post
Nice to hear that for Siren... do you have any words for Red Death ? :P
Yea jeez.. that one has been plagued with delays..
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote