Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #531
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
For me, it reminds me of Killer Frost from the show Flash
Same here, seems out of place. I'm no emma expert but i don't recall ever seeing her hair flare out like that while using her power.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #532
dechirico7
The Flash

There are a lot of decisions that don't make sense on this piece.
* Angry portrait (she is probably one of the characters most known for not showing emotion)
* Messy "bob" hairstyle ( should be sleek)
* Damaged Cerebro base (Emma couldn't have destroyed it, in this X costume she is part of the x-men, and if she damaged it, it wouldn't be cut up and heated up like it is. Sooo....did someone with blasts damage Cerebro and Emma is now trying to fight them off?)
*Juggernaut footprint ( this just seems like a tease for Juggernaut. Are Emma and Juggy even aquainted?)
* Lit, burning parts of Cerebro ( did Cyclops do that before he lost his visor?)
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #533
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Maybe she is supposed to be the last person standing in a Danger Room scenario that defeated the rest of her teammates.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #534
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
* Angry portrait (she is probably one of the characters most known for not showing emotion)
* Damaged Cerebro base (Emma couldn't have destroyed it, in this X costume she is part of the x-men, and if she damaged it, it wouldn't be cut up and heated up like it is. Sooo....did someone with blasts damage Cerebro and Emma is now trying to fight them off?)
*Juggernaut footprint ( this just seems like a tease for Juggernaut. Are Emma and Juggy even aquainted?)
* Lit, burning parts of Cerebro ( did Cyclops do that before he lost his visor?)

Maybe it's a Sideshow secret contest : "Find the right explanation in all those nonsense and win 10000$... this statue... ok our endless admiration !"
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #535
Gothamite
Phoenix

Lots of legit observations...just wanted to write that I find the face sculpt to be a lot more attractive than what Sideshow uses for many of DC's female characters, tho. Bummer.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #536
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I do not think there are any heroes or villains in the MU who have never heard of The Juggernaut to be honest...
Whether good or bad, the big man has built up a reputation for himself.
Because of Cain's ties with Charles and the fact that for awhile Juggernaut has been a member of the X-Men himself, I am certain that Juggy
knows who Emma Frost / the White Queen is.
They may not be the best of friends but I also do not think Cain and Emma are complete strangers to each other.

Just my two cents though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:48 PM   #537
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Lots of legit observations...just wanted to write that I find the face sculpt to be a lot more attractive than what Sideshow uses for many of DC's female characters, tho. Bummer.
Same here. Also thinks its one of the best marvel portraits.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #538
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yeah, Overall I think so too. But I still think Wonderwoman looks the best out of the recent female statues.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #539
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

After reading the description, the one nitpick i had, being the opening at the top of emma's boot was alleviated after realizing it was part of emma’s diamond 'motif'. I was thrown off by the base to such an extent that i thought the boot was just another of SS superfluous designs decisions. All of my issues now lie in the base. Otherwise a beautiful statue, with a terrible base.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:58 PM   #540
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Yeah, Overall I think so too. But I still think Wonderwoman looks the best out of the recent female statues.
Absolutely agree. Out of all SS's female portraits i have She devil ranked at #1 and WW #2 but WW is my favorite DC portrait thus far.