Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-07-2024, 07:23 PM   #71
chichop4
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Power Girl and John Constantine have extremelyyyyyy low ES. Power Girl is a mediocre to bad statue (i'm talking about the sculpt). Constantine has that plasticky feel all NON MIXED-MEDIA statues of characters wearing clothes suffer. The sculpt is good, if Prime1 used mixed media it would be a masterpiece.

I'll wait for Sideshow's one and i hope Sideshow uses mixed media.

Prime1 in general does not amaze me as a company, i generally view its statues as inflated NECA figures, lifeless, with bases being at many cases a hot mess, paint jobs always having a glossy finish. They have SIZE which amazes the average collector, but Forps does not correlate size to artistic value so size means nothing me
Pennywise is a grail ,zodd apostle and human form from berserk too.Zodd apostle is the best berserk statuee from p1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_p4e2sbJnPR1wn8c78o8_400.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	170390   Click image for larger version

Name:	umgfno50fih41.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	170391  
chichop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 07:35 PM   #72
KiDDo
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Prime1 in general does not amaze me as a company, i generally view its statues as inflated NECA figures, lifeless, with bases being at many cases a hot mess, paint jobs always having a glossy finish. They have SIZE which amazes the average collector, but Forps does not correlate size to artistic value so size means nothing me
The only point I agree here is the size of the bases, smaller would be better, just to save value shelf space. The art direction and design on most of them is still awesome though.

NOW: Their statues' expressions are far from lifeless and their paint jobs are the best in the business! They ANNIHILATE basically any Sideshow piece in both regards
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote