Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #4221
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
ok not trying to start anything but the fact that its a prototype technically means its not final and might change some. you see it all the time with cars, hell most anything that is shown as a proto usually gets tweeked or changed before it is released.
Not sure about cars since I never bought one off a show, but are you allowed to buy/pay for protos or order during the prototype stage?
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #4222
risingstar
Jedi Order

IMO, at the end of the day, it basically came down to the paint apps on the portraits. Had they not been as bad, people would have easily learned to live with all the other issues reported.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #4223
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
IMO, at the end of the day, it basically came down to the paint apps on the portraits. Had they not been as bad, people would have easily learned to live with all the other issues reported.
Agreed, if the paint aps were not so bad on the heads, i could have lived with everything else
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #4224
riky
Mephisto

She was surly in production in July which means she had been altered by that point, but they still prominently displayed her unaltered at SDCC. That is intentionally misrepresenting your product.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #4225
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
...but they smell like roses. By the way, I'm also from San Diego.
That's a long commute to Newbury Park, CA.

I kid.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #4226
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Me: "SS, I received an actual piece of human feces, wheres my statue??"

(5 days later)

SS: "We're sorry to hear you're not happy you recieved an actual piece of sh#t, but please remember that the product shown at SDCC is only Prototype and may be due for some changes. Disn*AHEM*.. Marvel felt that the prototype didn't do enough justice so we had each one of our staff do an actual Sh#t and sent those away."
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #4227
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
With all the discussion about SS showing Rogue's crack at SDCC, I have come up with some suggestions on how SS should handle this in the future. I have also provided one with a blank post-it for custom messages.

Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #4228
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Regardless of it was sold out or not or if the ass was shown or not before the SDCC statue was shown, it is still false advertising. There was no sign at SDCC that said "Prototype, final design not yet approved" or anything like that, giving the impression for the people who ordered it that this was the statue they were getting. People who had ordered it could have made a decision on if theywere going to keep their NRD if the statue had the potential to change.
They always have prototype on their pre-orders so it's not false advertising as they never offered the collector a fantastic looking ass on the piece. When people saw this at SDCC it was already sold out. Again their mistake was to have the prototype at the con and not a production piece approved by Marvel. In saying that they do have Prototype on pieces previewed at the con which have not been put up for pre-order. An example of this was the LSF of Obi-wan. Someone pointed out the discrepancy in scale between the figure and light sabre and it was confirmed it's only a prototype and would be altered.

IF SS had shown the full figure in the gallery at the time of pre-order then YES I agree that would have been false advertisement. But that did not happen.

The bad paintwork at the factory is down to very poor QC and the collector should be compensated for that element either by a good replacement or a full refund.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #4229
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ok been 5 days since i made my call to SS, lets see what they do. Hope they make good or will request to canceled my 2 pre orders and get my deposit back on them if they are just gonna pull bait and switches all the time.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #4230
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
They always have prototype on their pre-orders so it's not false advertising as they never offered the collector a fantastic looking ass on the piece. When people saw this at SDCC it was already sold out. Again their mistake was to have the prototype at the con and not a production piece approved by Marvel. In saying that they do have Prototype on pieces previewed at the con which have not been put up for pre-order. An example of this was the LSF of Obi-wan. Someone pointed out the discrepancy in scale between the figure and light sabre and it was confirmed it's only a prototype and would be altered.

IF SS had shown the full figure in the gallery at the time of pre-order then YES I agree that would have been false advertisement. But that did not happen.

The bad paintwork at the factory is down to very poor QC and the collector should be compensated for that element either by a good replacement or a full refund.
It doesn't matter that the statue was sold out before it was shown at SDCC. The buyers bought the statue sight unseen with the knowledge that a picture would be available that would show them what they were getting. The only pics and statues shown were not the final product that was delivered.

If Ford did a pre-sell on a new Mustang that was coming out and people came in and put money down (which does happen for some cars) and the person was shown a picture of a cool new Mustang and told this was what they were going to receive and when they came to pick up their car, it was a Pinto with a crappy paint job, they would not be just upset about the paint job, they could get them for false advertising on the car.

Maybe a little over exaggeration on this situation but still applies.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote